The Official Petition Thread (1 Viewer)

Monkeyface

Oh and as I mentioned on another thread, I've Tweeted Grendals winding up of the Sunderland fans to some Newcastle fan groups. Already had a couple of positive responses.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I've signed it and am happy to post on all our forums if you haven't already done so. By the way, I wasn't there today but our commentator was very impressed with your protest (perhaps not the man on the pitch!).

I read Joy Seppala's statement earlier this week. Just incredible. I hope every single council nearby refuses them planning permission.

Where did you see her quote sorry but I missed it anyone got a link?

mark82

Has the petition stalled a bit Today guys? What more do we need to be doing to get the word out there?

MichaelCCFC

Has the petition stalled a bit Today guys? What more do we need to be doing to get the word out there?

It's the number 3 trending epetition! Why do you keep knocking it? Do you have some great expertise that the rest of us don't? WM, Jack, Monkey and too many others to name are doing a fantastic job. If you actually want to help not just moan then how about organising handing out leaflets in town on Saturday?

mark82

It's the number 3 trending epetition! Why do you keep knocking it? Do you have some great expertise that the rest of us don't? WM, Jack, Monkey and too many others to name are doing a fantastic job. If you actually want to help not just moan then how about organising handing out leaflets in town on Saturday?

I'm not knocking it. I was concerned as I want it to succeed. I want to know what we can do to keep up the momentum. Please stop jumping to conclusions.

For what it's worth I'm going to be taking time to try to fill a few of the gaps on the spreadsheet along with the extras I mentioned yesterday. Won't be taking up your offer of handing out leaflets as I live in South Yorkshire now so not really possible.

J

Jack Griffin

Search for forums that haven't been posted on, join them and post the message.

WestEndAgro

skybluelee

It's almost at 11k, it's been going along at the same pace for the last few days.

No, its definetly slowing. Was running at above 1100 per day until yesterday. Quite simply the people of Coventry dont care enough about our club.

Steve B17

Just passed the 11,000 mark, well done to Michael for starting this and to everyone else who has promoted the petition.

Reaching the 10K mark means there should be some response / comment from the relevant government department at some stage, no sure how quickly this will happen. Still plenty of forums to tackle and people to contact on Twitter, may be worth revisiting the forums it has been mentioned on (not Sunderland's though). Keep up the good work.

Monkeyface

Think a piece on midlands today would help, and we really need to be pushing the angle that it affects all council tax payers in Coventry.

MichaelCCFC

People on here are doing a brilliant job getting support on other forums and please keep that up!

For those of us in Coventry and Warwickshire what will matter this week is dead simple: WORD OF MOUTH. If everyone who has already signed gets the rest of their family to sign, tells their friends, people at work, people you drink with etc etc and pesters them to make sure they've done it, we'll be well on our way to the next 10,000. Go for it!

mark82

People on here are doing a brilliant job getting support on other forums and please keep that up!

For those of us in Coventry and Warwickshire what will matter this week is dead simple: WORD OF MOUTH. If everyone who has already signed gets the rest of their family to sign, tells their friends, people at work, people you drink with etc etc and pesters them to make sure they've done it, we'll be well on our way to the next 10,000. Go for it!

No harm those outside C&W trying either.

MichaelCCFC

Careful. You may get Michael on your back for making a simple observation.

There will be peaks and troughs and there will be a point/points where things stall (I've posted that previously) but I just get irritated that when things are going really well and lots of people are doing brilliant work to make it a success, others focus on trying to find negatives when there aren't any. When it does stall I'll be the first on here saying so and suggesting ways to revive it. But I've just checked and it's still the number 3 trending petition, is over 11,100 and ticking over nicely. What's not to like!

mark82

There will be peaks and troughs and there will be a point/points where things stall (I've posted that previously) but I just get irritated that when things are going really well and lots of people are doing brilliant work to make it a success, others focus on trying to find negatives when there aren't any. When it does stall I'll be the first on here saying so and suggesting ways to revive it. But I've just checked and it's still the number 3 trending petition, is over 11,100 and ticking over nicely. What's not to like!

I get irritated when people say others are only looking for negatives when it's not actually the case. I'm sorry, but if all you want is for people to smile and tell you how wonderful it is then maybe your motivations are wrong. People are only showing concern as they want it to succeed so climb down off your high horse.

skybluelee

Ticking along or trickling?

I am desperate for this to succeed and believe me I have harrassed every person i know to sign and share.

I think you are doing a great job but the issue is that despite a pop. of 300k+ the people of Coventry dont care enough.

1200 sigs in the last 24 hours (roughly). I hope this 'trough' ends soon.

MichaelCCFC

I get irritated when people say others are only looking for negatives when it's not actually the case. I'm sorry, but if all you want is for people to smile and tell you how wonderful it is then maybe your motivations are wrong. People are only showing concern as they want it to succeed so climb down off your high horse.

Ticking along or trickling?

I am desperate for this to succeed and believe me I have harrassed every person i know to sign and share.

I think you are doing a great job but the issue is that despite a pop. of 300k+ the people of Coventry dont care enough.

1200 sigs in the last 24 hours (roughly). I hope this 'trough' ends soon.

Lee and Mark - I looked at other epetitions saw how they work, what numbers they get etc and then made estimates for the Independent Inquiry campaign. My estimate for numbers in the first week was achieved in the first day and I'm too embarrassed to say how long I thought it would take to reach 10k given that's been done in a week. That's why I'm very happy with current progress. But for you, and others here and on other threads who disagree, how many signatures do you think there should be by now and what similar sport related petitions do you think are a better model of success?

Given the population of Coventry, and the size of the fanbase, we should have seen a higher number of initial signatures when the telegraph mentioned it etc. I´d put that down to a lot of people not believing this petition will go anywhere. Hopefully those will come on board when we surpass 50k mark in x amount of months time

However, this is ticking along very nicely. Even if we only averaged a paltry 300 a day from now on in, we´d hit the target with around a month to spare before the deadline. It´s ahead of target, so why all the negative feedback? Patience

skybluelee

Michael - i genuinely dont think you could have done anything differently. I just fear it is an unwinnable battle due to the apathy of the local residents.

I will not post anything else that could be construed as negative.

Is it getting good media coverage in Coventry?

MichaelCCFC

Michael - i genuinely dont think you could have done anything differently. I just fear it is an unwinnable battle due to the apathy of the local residents.

I will not post anything else that could be construed as negative.

Is it getting good media coverage in Coventry?

Sorry, Lee, I've been getting wound up and failed to distinguish between wums, pro/anti acl/sisu critics and the genuinely concerned. I'm so thick skinned I don't even notice a lot of stuff but it's when I know other people are working really hard on this I do get defensive. Apologies

mds

How many of the locals actually know about it, its ok being plastered all over the internet on football related forums but if the majority dont read this forum or one of the other clubs forums then how many are being reached, take this forum, it has 1% of the clubs catchment area registered, small potatoes, time to start posting on non football forums and boards related to Coventry and Warwickshire. Or make this forum appeal to a broader Coventry audience.

mark82

Lee and Mark - I looked at other epetitions saw how they work, what numbers they get etc and then made estimates for the Independent Inquiry campaign. My estimate for numbers in the first week was achieved in the first day and I'm too embarrassed to say how long I thought it would take to reach 10k given that's been done in a week. That's why I'm very happy with current progress. But for you, and others here and on other threads who disagree, how many signatures do you think there should be by now and what similar sport related petitions do you think are a better model of success?

Other than wording it slightly differently to make it more generic for other clubs (which I brought up at first but is not relevant now, just a preference) at the moment nothing needs doing differently, and everyone has pulled together brilliantly. That should not stop us from planning what to do next though should it? The aim is to get this to 100k and get a debate at the end of the day, not to slap each other on the back and feel good about the number of signatures. For me Michael, you seem to be jumping on those that are wanting this to succeed most, those that are showing concern and trying to offer something. No one is criticising you, you are putting a lot of effort into our club and that is appreciated but you need to stop trying to have a pop at people who are just trying to help.

lewys33

How many of the locals actually know about it, its ok being plastered all over the internet on football related forums but if the majority dont read this forum or one of the other clubs forums then how many are being reached, take this forum, it has 1% of the clubs catchment area registered, small potatoes, time to start posting on non football forums and boards related to Coventry and Warwickshire. Or make this forum appeal to a broader Coventry audience.

It has been in the telegraph a few times now

sbvet

Banned
Given the population of Coventry, and the size of the fanbase, we should have seen a higher number of initial signatures when the telegraph mentioned it etc. I´d put that down to a lot of people not believing this petition will go anywhere. Hopefully those will come on board when we surpass 50k mark in x amount of months time

However, this is ticking along very nicely. Even if we only averaged a paltry 300 a day from now on in, we´d hit the target with around a month to spare before the deadline. It´s ahead of target, so why all the negative feedback? Patience

Do you expect to keep up 300 / day for best part of a year though? You cannot expect national coverage every week, the papers aren't going to display every day are they? And can you really expect non-football forums to care about a football related issue?

I'm not saying you could have done anymore, and certainly you couldn't have asked for more publicity. But how are you going to maintain the numbers needed? You can't expect the rush of enthusiasm two months down the line as their is in the first two weeks surely? How is this going to be driven any further?

Do you expect to keep up 300 / day for best part of a year though? You cannot expect national coverage every week, the papers aren't going to display every day are they? And can you really expect non-football forums to care about a football related issue?

I'm not saying you could have done anymore, and certainly you couldn't have asked for more publicity. But how are you going to maintain the numbers needed? You can't expect the rush of enthusiasm two months down the line as their is in the first two weeks surely? How is this going to be driven any further?

Aren´t we averaging over 1k a day at the moment? I Kinda factored in the slow down in interest into the 300 average over the rest of the year. You might be right, things might tail off worse than that, but if 50k is reached I could see a resurgence in interest. I also don´t expect the people making the efforts to get signatures to take their foot off the pedal

The pool of potential signatories is huge, and we´ve barely tapped into it at all so far. So there is massive potential ... just needs people to pull together to achieve it ... and the people of Coventry to ditch the defeatist attitude

Skyblueweeman

If things do taper off (which they will at some point) we just come up with different ways to get signatures.

We WILL get 100k signatures!

Users who are viewing this thread