The magical free kick spray (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Read in the paper that the bloke who invented the free kick spray used in the World Cup,is set to become a millionaire as it's going to be used globally now. Got me thinking what's the best football invention/idea in your opinion used in the game.

xcraigx

I remember seeing this spray used in the Copa America a few years back. It seems it's been around since the 80s. I'm surprised it's taken so long for it to become mainstream.

The best football invention ever is goal music. Preferably Song 2, Chelsea Dagger or some other overplayed shite. It's great. Or maybe not. ..

bringbackrattles

I remember seeing this spray used in the Copa America a few years back. It seems it's been around since the 80s. I'm surprised it's taken so long for it to become mainstream.

The best football invention ever is goal music. Preferably Song 2, Chelsea Dagger or some other overplayed shite. It's great. Or maybe not. ..
The bloke invented it fourteen years ago but only as it was used in this World Cup is he going to make his fortune now.

bringbackrattles

I know it's taken it's time to arrive but goal line technology is smart,and stops all the arguments of was it over the line or not.

GetInline.aspx

skybluejelly

Considering the number of times we always hit the post or crossbar ... I always thought the bars should be angled like they did on dartboards to prevent the number of bounce outs..

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think the round ball was a good invention. The square one was getting a bit knackered.

bringbackrattles

Is this stuff not just like shaving foam??
The inventor first used shaving foam as a prototype then progressed it etc.Great story though brought up in poverty in Brazil now on to being a millionaire.
As I'm a window cleaner I'm thinking of inventing a spray that gets rid of crappy customers !

jimmyhillsfanclub

A Waterproof ball was a great step forward from my schoolboy days....

...Playing with an old "leather" during the rain was a bit mad.....the ball just got heavier & heavier as the game progressed.....come the last 10 mins or so, I'm sure you could see the centre-backs necks buckle as they headed the goal kicks back up field.....

bringbackrattles

A Waterproof ball was a great step forward from my schoolboy days....

...Playing with an old "leather" during the rain was a bit mad.....the ball just got heavier & heavier as the game progressed.....come the last 10 mins or so, I'm sure you could see the centre-backs necks buckle as they headed the goal kicks back up field.....
sadly through heading heavy footballs over the years caused Jeff Astle brain damage and I think his family have just received compensation for this. I know myself how heavy they became especially when wet,as they turned into medicine balls !

Terry Gibson's perm

The inventor first used shaving foam as a prototype then progressed it etc.Great story though brought up in poverty in Brazil now on to being a millionaire.
As I'm a window cleaner I'm thinking of inventing a spray that gets rid of crappy customers !

If you could invent a spray to get rid of crappy owners you would sell about 10k tins pretty quickly.

CJ_covblaze

Mexican waves and wigs in your teams colours in adult sizes so grown men and women can wear them. Face paint too. Oh actually those are the worse things.

Users who are viewing this thread