The killing "its back" (1 Viewer)

wingy

If you saw the origonal you'll know what i mean ,if you did'nt i advise you to download it or buy the dvd ,twenty one hour episodes ,brilliant writing ,acting ,atmospheric ,dark, Danish with subtitles but vastly superior to the american immitation. ten new episodes starting on Saturday night ,bbc 4,episodes1+2, 9-11pm. Can't wait but only ten hours this time,enjoy.

Cov4

Great shout out, i loved the first series. Not sure if i will get away with sky+ing it at that slot but will find a way. The Spiral was great viewing as well (French, but in a similar mould).

wingy

Probably get a repeat showing on thursday nights like the last time ,or theres on demand,some great stuff coming out of the nordic countries recently .

Cov4

Yes, top drawer telly. Have you seen the Pusher trilogy? it's well worth a few quid on Amazon. Its 3 films so lacks the character development but is still great watching.

wingy

No hav'nt seeen them but will take up the option ,could be the perfect antidote to an unsuccessful saturday afternoon ,but you never know its a funny old game.

wingy

I like the sound of it, what's it about?

the origonal was set around the murder of a young female student ,with many twists suspects ,acrimony in the police investigation ,compounded by a political connection, and personal issues for the chief female investigator ,superbly written with totally convincing characters ,if you like the darkness in Batman movies ,this is a characteristic of the Danish setting and adds to the atmossphere .

bamalamafizzfazz

Apologies for my ignorance, but is it in English? Not that I would be adversed to watch something with subtitles. The only Scandinavian thing I remember seeing recently is Let The Right One In which was really good, twice as good as the US remake.

wingy

Apologies for my ignorance, but is it in English? Not that I would be adversed to watch something with subtitles. The only Scandinavian thing I remember seeing recently is Let The Right One In which was really good, twice as good as the US remake.

Its subtitled bamalam but does'nt detract if anything it adds

C

Clive Plattini

The Killing was fantastic. The acting was brilliant, especially the parents of Nana. They were both so believable. I am currently working my way through the Wallanders. They are also very very good and worth a watch.

wingy

What did you think ?anyone catch it ,good plotline ,looks more like serialkilling /assasination so possibly less focus on impact of those left behind ,lund as maverick as ever,hoping for a return to that grim grey weather next episode,will have to watch the first two again as was'nt totally focused posting on here.

Users who are viewing this thread