The Jones Enigma (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I don’t understand robins freezing him out

Hes physical and strong. Clearly keen to play and make an impact

He’s never been given a chance. He’s not full on 46 game a season championship level but would I rather see him some times than Shipley, Allen and Tavares - well yeah as he offers something

Genuinely don’t get it

SBT

He’s the only forward player I’d bet on having an impact off the bench at the moment. I would gladly have him back next season as a backup option if the price was right, but I think he’ll move on and I don’t really blame him. The days when he would be an integral part of our team seem a long time ago - I’m sure he could do it for another team lower down the leagues.

cc84cov

He’s the only forward player I’d bet on having an impact off the bench at the moment. I would gladly have him back next season as a backup option if the price was right, but I think he’ll move on and I don’t really blame him. The days when he would be an integral part of our team seem a long time ago - I’m sure he could do it for another team lower down the leagues.
He’s got a newborn here his mrs has kids in schools here if it’s offered I think he stays.

skyblue1991

He’s never been given a chance. He’s not full on 46 game a season championship level but would I rather see him some times than Shipley, Allen and Tavares - well yeah as he offers something

Genuinely don’t get it
I can't disagree with that, looked fresh when he came on and deserved some more game time

Hope he gets a chance next season but wouldn't be surprised if he was let go, would be a shame

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Grendel

You can't show what you can do if you aren't on the pitch
Having said that his recent tidying up procedure on his knee may have cleared up any niggles he may have had and allowed him to get back to taking on and trying to go past opponents

Robins doesn’t want him

cc84cov

You can't show what you can do if you aren't on the pitch
Having said that his recent tidying up procedure on his knee may have cleared up any niggles he may have had and allowed him to get back to taking on and trying to go past opponents
Do you think he goes ? Heard a few times Hamer new contract was just to include a release clause in the region of 9.5m not sure weather it’s just talk but would indicate the club possibly think he’s gone in the summer ?

better days

Do you think he goes ? Heard a few times Hamer new contract was just to include a release clause in the region of 9.5m not sure weather it’s just talk but would indicate the club possibly think he’s gone in the summer ?
Hard to say
The lad is settled locally but it's a short career and he's 24 now. Like 99.9% of players he wants to play
As far as I know nothing has been offered so far so it's academic really

cc84cov

Hard to say
The lad is settled locally but it's a short career and he's 24 now. Like 99.9% of players he wants to play
As far as I know nothing has been offered so far so it's academic really
Same age as O’Hare then you forget how young Jones is

pusbccfc

When he comes on he gives us something we sadly lack PACE, not just on the ball but speed of thought. No way would l release him he might not be a 46 game a season player but let him go where do we find similar and at what cost fee or wage wise.

Unfortunately Jones no longer has any proper pace, we've seen that this season.

steve101

He is very comfortable on the ball and never seems to panic, always in control and very rarely gives it away needlessly. He can deliver into the right areas and at the right height. He seems to have lost some of his pace but still can trick his way past opponents, as he did today. I would like to see him tried as a second striker alongside Gyokeres.

ccfctommy

Genuinely don’t get it

You've called him an enigma which he is. The fact for me is that he has never started a game this season. Can you see him properly breaking into the team?

shmmeee

I like him. Probably one of the best/ most consistent crossers in the squad, got a shot on him, still got a trick in him. He’ll be cheap and he’s committed, I’d like to see more from him. We do need another AM in regardless, but was we play 2, why not another. I wouldn’t have him at WB though.

CCFCSteve

Genuinely don’t get it

Agree 100%. He’s different to other players listed but should definitely be getting more minutes especially when we’re trying to break teams down.

pusbccfc

he’s played 59 minutes before today all season

And in that time we saw him try to beat a player for pace and couldn't get past them. Not sure which game it was but it was a home match.

The touches he's shown, particularly against Bournemouth away have been decent.

Users who are viewing this thread