The January auction. (1 Viewer)

NottsCov

We got lucky in the summer. A couple of deadline day scares but came through untouched. The period of Jan 1st - Jan 31st is not going to be very enjoyable I feel.

ccfcway

would be good to get the kids contracts tied down

who is out of contract in the summer ?

Callum Wilson and who else ?

letsallsingtogether

So do I but don't trust his gaffers he will do the same as Robins and leave when they do the dirty on him.

I believe Presley when he says everyone he wants will still be there

ricohman

How did we get lucky in the summer, pressley said no one from 1st team squad would go and they didnt. And yes it was a surprise, but u may be correct about jan, although i hope your wrong

NottsCov

How did we get lucky in the summer, pressley said no one from 1st team squad would go and they didnt. And yes it was a surprise, but u may be correct about jan, although i hope your wrong

Sadly though the manager doesn't have a final say when it comes to selling players, yeah we turned down a couple of offers (I think, don't know how official this was) in the summer, but with the young vibrant team we've shown to have this season + the added attention this team has had what with with the deduction and general saga surrounding the club, I just think there's gonna be a queue of Championship clubs come January and it'll be out of Pressley's hands

Covstu

They cut the wage bill in the summer and got rid of a lot of deadwood, this did not impact on the team in fact it gave the youngsters the opportunity to showcase their skills. I am hopeful we wont let anyone go particularly if we are 'in the mix' come January. On the other hand if a club come in for a big offer for Wilson or someone else we might not be able to say no but no change from any season in the last 20 years.

Gint11

I trust SP but im sorry to say, if we keep this form up, we are definately going to lose a couple of players. I hope we don't. Players can tell you they are committed but a) the lure of a bigger club comes calling and b) while there are agents in the game turing their heads, we will always lose players.

ccfcway

Wilson has done well for 12 games or so. Nahki wells at Bradford would be a more secure bet for championship teams due to him doing it last year as well. The lad at MK dons is doing well as well.

Strangely I could see a team like Wolves coming in for Clarke though, to make sure they get over the line.

I wouldnt be overly concerned about any other League One team coming in for anyone.

Gint11

Wilson has done well for 12 games or so. Nahki wells at Bradford would be a more secure bet for championship teams due to him doing it last year as well. The lad at MK dons is doing well as well.

Strangely I could see a team like Wolves coming in for Clarke though, to make sure they get over the line.

I wouldnt be overly concerned about any other League One team coming in for anyone.

Thats a good point you raise there. I think the clubs challenging in January will want to nick a proven goalscorer on the cheap to get them over the promotion line. That could be leon Clarke. I hope i am wrong.

covcity4life

think cyrus is the only one we would let got if we got 2m odd

hopefully not though as his return could be the push we need tot ake us to autos!

mark82

think cyrus is the only one we would let got if we got 2m odd

hopefully not though as his return could be the push we need tot ake us to autos!

He's out of contract in the summer. Just over £500k I think would get him.

For me, if we are going to get another tied down to a contract let it be Wilson.

covcity4life

He's out of contract in the summer. Just over £500k I think would get him.

For me, if we are going to get another tied down to a contract let it be Wilson.

sorry thats on bases of him being sold but not wanting to leave(signed a new contract)

were in a good place on the pitch, i think alot of young lads will want to stay, i think we will be ok.

hill83

If we are in or around the top 6 in January I like to think they would want to stay and finish the season. One successful season can do a lot for a players career whichever league it's in.
That being said, it's not a case of anyone wanting to stay or not. If a decent offer comes in for anyone they are gone.

covcity4life

sisu have acknowledged past msitakes led to relegation, maybe gaining promotion will mean more to them than one off payment in january this time?

fernandopartridge

And through the course of history we have been a selling club. Aside from the top European clubs, everybody is a selling club. It's a fact of life but it'd be easier to take if the club wasn't in its current position.

hill83

sisu have acknowledged past msitakes led to relegation, maybe gaining promotion will mean more to them than one off payment in january this time?

Possibly. I still think a 500k for any of our players would lead to them being sold. 'Silly offer' or whatever the phrase was has been said already. The speculation is what that silly offer amounts to.

covcity4life

Possibly. I still think a 500k for any of our players would lead to them being sold. 'Silly offer' or whatever the phrase was has been said already. The speculation is what that silly offer amounts to.

silly i would hope is 1m minimum!

especially considering that with current team WE WILL NEVER LOSE AGAIN

shropshirecov

If we were in and around the top six and they sold anyone, they would lose any goodwill that getting us up the table brought. Promotion this season would be arguably one if the clubs greatest ever achievements.
You'd strengthen if anything. Special team this IMO

Covstu

i think if we shipped out Wilson, Clarke or Moussa, SISU might as well accept that they will have zero support going forward. I would sacrifice £500K to get us promoted but the question is can the club sustain this and do they need to sell to balance the books due to poor attendances? Time will tell

Users who are viewing this thread