The game has gone (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Let us not forget the embarrassing situation the FA found itself in with consecutive FA Cup final and Championship Play-off finals. Easy option to stop Cov getting to final
There's no conspiracy. It's simply a rushed decision with a shoddy man made line and the var has bottled the big decision in favour of the big club

Actually maybe it is a conspiracy

Martin180

Talking about it in the pub tonight and the best comment I heard about VAR in general was that it's taken the human element off the pitch and put the human element into the VAR booth
After watching the ridiculous Forest non decisions tonight it's hard to argue

SkyBlue_Bear83

Still don't think it was offside but i think we were a bit fortunate with the penalty, if it's not given no way was VAR overturning it and awarding penalty imo

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fuck VAR and fuck the big 6 off to the Super League, let them play a different sport.
I agree. Let them go and restructure the entire football league. No one will really miss them and I for one would prefer a league where at least a dozen teams have a genuine chance of winning the title .
Until then I'm happy with us playing in a proper division.

mark82

“If you look hard enough”??

It’s not offside. The line is in the wrong place and if it wasn’t it would be level.

Not sure how VAR is there cos people complain about refs when we are complaining about VAR, what next VAVAR?

The fact they even draw lines irks me. If you need a line to tell then it's level. The rule has always been that level is onside.

Last edited:

rylee

Said in another thread, that if the club don’t appeal this, especially with the line over Win-Bissaka’s foot.. then serious questions need to be asked. Was such a great day too. So proud of the lads, they deserve justice.

mark82

Said in another thread, that if the club don’t appeal this, especially with the line over Win-Bissaka’s foot.. then serious questions need to be asked. Was such a great day too. So proud of the lads, they deserve justice.
Pointless, won't get the result overturned.

Otis

Someone on twitter has commented saying 'why do we just accept so easily some dodgy lines on a screen'

And the answer is, I don't know. Var has lost what it was supposed to be. Those decisions where the lino misses him someone being a yard offside

Not this bollocks. If you have to draw a fucking line, it's onside and get on with it
Well said. If you are having to draw a line, then it's not clear and obvious.

messiahrobins

I keep saying it..issue a court claim. That was corruption in plain sight and the lamestream media glossed over it if you noticed tonight on BBC, they knew that was fraud.

rylee

I keep saying it..issue a court claim. That was corruption in plain sight and the lamestream media glossed over it if you noticed tonight on BBC, they knew that was fraud.

When I read the BBC football report earlier, there wasn’t even a mention of the offside. Might have changed now as it was early when I checked. But still, it was the most talked about part of the game and therefore focused on in the report.

messiahrobins

When I read the BBC football report earlier, there wasn’t even a mention of the offside. Might have changed now as it was early when I checked. But still, it was the most talked about part of the game and therefore focused on in the report.
The lamestream media will not mention it as it was so blatantly corrupt. Thats why they are all now ganging up on Nottingham Forest as they basically have said VAR is open to manipulation.
TV companies, written media, the Government are all part of the corruption that has been endemic in football now for 25 years. Today i can guarantee was a moment when TV executives and the FA said disallow that goal as we will lose millions if its not a Manchester derby.

Robinshio

I don’t care much about being able to be thrashed by Man C, but I would quite like the extra £1.5m prize money that’s just been robbed from us.
For me it is the best comeback in fa cup history that we have been robbed of. Not one person I know out of non city supporters who all got drawn in by the game believe it was offside. We were cheated end of

NortonSkyBlue

In my day if you were level you were on. Things have gone backwards with var. Robbed but still so proud and in a way glad Europe wont mess up our season next year and lets concentrate on getting out of the championship and in the prem where we belong. We've proved we are more than a match for the teams there.
Well it isn’t your day and now if you are on you are off.

Ashdown

Completely gutted by that terrible corruption. CCFC should have that legally investigated and push for compensation. Total travesty that makes a mockery of sport in general.
Fantastic performances like ours yesterday should be lauded as transformational and inspiring to all teams not quickly quashed by media and business gurus fearing missing out on a bit of extra profit.

Happy_Martian

The goal was offside if you look hard enough for it - that’s almost indisputable

But that is not the intent of VAR. It's not supposed to be a microscope on the game for 90/120 mins. It's to ensure that players don't con the ref and any CLEAR and OBVIOUS reffing errors are corrected.

How was being less than an inch offside either clear or an obvious error ?

How long did it take for them to find an "error" ?

And there's still some debate whether the lines were drawn accurately. Some pics show the line being drawn OVER Wan Bissaka's toes, moving it further away from their goal and meaning Wright was more offside than he may have been. And there are two pics, one where Cal has struck the ball and it's already moving (the one they used) or a frame where the ball hasn't moved yet (no lines, unused by VAR). Again, Clear and Obvious error ?

This can and will be argued for days or weeks ahead.

Game has ended, result is in the books. We can feel aggrieved but nothing will change. Think I'll be in the garden on Cup Final day. If's its pelting down with rain, all the better 😠

Happy_Martian

Liquid Gold

How was being less than an inch offside either clear or an obvious error ?

The point being though Wright wasn't an inch offside.

They have done their best to disallow it and the only proof they can provide is a single still taken before O'Hare has made the pass and they've drawn the defender's line further up the field, over the top of Wan Bissaka's boot.

If this is the best they've got then there is no way it is offside and the clear and obvious error here is the application of VAR which is clearly used to manipulate the result in favour of Man Utd.

Happy_Martian

The point being though Wright wasn't an inch offside.

They have done their best to disallow it and the only proof they can provide is a single still taken before O'Hare has made the pass and they've drawn the defender's line further up the field, over the top of Wan Bissaka's boot.

If this is the best they've got then there is no way it is offside and the clear and obvious error here is the application of VAR which is clearly used to manipulate the result in favour go Man Utd.

Simply put, VAR should not have been involved in that decision. If the ref didn't give it on the pitch, why were they putting their tuppence worth in ? Same with the Thomas possible handball off the back of his shoulder 🤦‍♂️

Edit: and I was responding to SBTs comment. You've effectively repeated what I said back to me. But thanks :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread