The Football Ombudsman (1 Viewer)

skybluehugh

After what the FL have just done by transferring the GS to Optium without any consultation with any other parties could we not bring this Ombudsman in to this cluster fuck. He is ment to investigate their self regulation rules. Surly they must be breaking so rules by behaving in this way.

Nonleagueherewecome

Totally agree.

stupot07

Who else would they give the GS to on the eve of the start of the season? Holdings is part of ccfc, has players, staff, training ground, academy, has been the company the FL and FA and clubs have used to make payments to ccfc.

skybluehugh

Who else would they give the GS to on the eve of the start of the season? Holdings is part of ccfc, has players, staff, training ground, academy, has been the company the FL and FA and clubs have used to make payments to ccfc.

And that makes it right? I don't think so

SuperCov

Why can't the GS still be temporary until everything's been investigated? Club can still fulfil fixtures in the mean time, can't see the club going under even if they had to be resold. Supposed offers and all that.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

SuperCov

on the gates we'll get the club will go bust by xmas.

Haha yeah. I just don't see why it had to be a 'done deal' so to speak, the FA/FL could have agreed on principle for it to be awarded to Otium whilst investigations took place.

I guess that's the next option or SISU try to flog us now (everything's in one company?)

Exactly, all they are interested in is 72 clubs who can finish their fixtures. Don't care who they are or if they are run by scum just so long as they can sit back and massage their ego's.

WFC

WFC , For what reason ?

Because of what has happened to your club and what it means for football as a whole and the integrity of the league and game.

Specifically failure to act within their own rules when dealing with your situation in a number of instances.

Nonleagueherewecome

Because of what has happened to your club and what it means for football as a whole and the integrity of the league and game.

Specifically failure to act within their own rules when dealing with your situation in a number of instances.
But why are Walsall in particular angry? Why aren't all fans complaining? Especially if we were fielding ineligible players last season...

WFC

But why are Walsall in particular angry? Why aren't all fans complaining? Especially if we were fielding ineligible players last season...

Given there was a possibility that the ground share may have been with us at one point we've been following what's been going on probably closer than fans of most other clubs and therefore probably understand (as much as anyone can) what's gone on better than most other fans.

I suspect a lot of fans from other clubs think you are just another club that has overspent and mismanaged the club and don't fully appreciate either the way CCFC has been stolen from it's community and ripped apart, the rule breaking that has gone on in the process or how the FL have sanctioned and effectively enabled this by their failure to enforce their own rules.

Most probably don't appreciate the wider implications for football.

Also their is a particularly strong sense of fair play and a belief of doing what is right in our club and amongst our fans. It comes from a number of places such as the way Ray Graydon did things with total dignity and integrity, the way our club is run and still completes with ours that break the rules and get away with it and the recent history we have of having to fight against injustices against our own fans.

Fans of all clubs in the football league SHOULD be up in arms about what has happened to you guys if they have any once of integrity or sense of fair play.

Last edited:

Lightyear

Spot on WFC.

FL have made strange decisions, there's a great deal of inconsistency aka Leeds, Luton, Portsmouth. I hope the football community at large stick together on this one and on to expose the FL as not being fit to run the game.

Nonleagueherewecome

Given there was a possibility that the ground share may have been with us at one point we've been following what's been going on probably closer than fans of most other clubs and therefore probably understand (as much as anyone can) what's gone on better than most other fans.

I suspect a lot of fans from other clubs think you are just another club that has overspent and mismanaged the club and don't fully appreciate either the way CCFC has been stolen from it's community and ripped apart, the rule breaking that has gone on in the process or how the FL have sanctioned and effectively enabled this by their failure to enforce their own rules.

Most probably don't appreciate the wider implications for football.

Also their is a particularly strong sense of fair play and a belief of doing what is right in our club and amongst our fans. It comes from a number of places such as the way Ray Graydon did things with total dignity and integrity, the way our club is run and still completes with ours that break the rules and get away with it and the recent history we have of having to fight against injustices against our own fans.

Fans of all clubs in the football league SHOULD be up in arms about what has happened to you guys if they have any once of integrity or sense of fair play.

Your support is appreciated. And you're right, there is a wide mis-understanding. The R5 piece a few nights back focussed on over-spending as if that was to blame for our fate. It amusingly said that "new owners Otium have links to previous owners SISU...". Yeah, like I have links to my hands...

Users who are viewing this thread