The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (62 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Correct. We should be much further along by now.

I would say why but you and others would soon jump in and defend the EU.

Would it be because we have a strong pm and a unified cabinet who have put clear and concise demands on the table? No? Oh what a surprise...

Astute

Why is it fine for you to accuse people of 'twisting the truth', yet you just did that yourself?
Someone says we voted to go into the EU. I say we didn't.

We didn't have a vote to join the EU. Yet you say I'm twisting the truth.

Astute

...and you don't I suppose? I have seen you regularly describe your posts as 'the truth'.
We didn't vote to join the EU. That is the truth.

Was it the truth when it was said we voted to join the EU?

This could be fun.

Astute

Well that is another „Trumpism“. Don’t you remember Maggie Thatcher and our rebate? Why are we not in the Euro? Why are we not in Schengen?
Do we give money to the EU and the EU takes it?

Astute

Would it be because we have a strong pm and a unified cabinet who have put clear and concise demands on the table? No? Oh what a surprise...
So you have just agreed with me while using it to try and make a point against me?

You two are getting desperate. How about admitting that we didn't vote to join the EU?

martcov

Someone says we voted to go into the EU. I say we didn't.

We didn't have a vote to join the EU. Yet you say I'm twisting the truth.

We joined the common market and extended it, as much as all other countries in the EEC, to the EU. Yes... we ... the UK.

martcov

So you have just agreed with me while using it to try and make a point against me?

You two are getting desperate. How about admitting that we didn't vote to join the EU?

Our elected and sovereign parliament did. The Queen signed the necessary acts of parliament. Where were you?

martcov

We didn't vote to join the EU. That is the truth.

Was it the truth when it was said we voted to join the EU?

This could be fun.

We had a referendum on the EEC. Our parliament did the rest... as it has done for over 200 years. Don’t you like our sovereign parliament? Or do you prefer mob rule by an irreversible referendum?

Astute

Our elected and sovereign parliament did. The Queen signed the necessary acts of parliament. Where were you?
I was alive then also. We didn't vote to join. So yet another true fact statement is false.

Astute

Again it sounds like you’re saying that we shouldn’t have had a referendum to leave as we’d already had one to join and we’re not allowed to change our mind. It’s undemocratic. Apparently.

You was saying Mart...

And who agreed I wonder.

Astute

Well that is another „Trumpism“. Don’t you remember Maggie Thatcher and our rebate? Why are we not in the Euro? Why are we not in Schengen?
Why will any new country joining be a part of both?

We joined something that became the EU.

skybluetony176

So I ask you again. When did we vote to join the EU?

Why can't you answer a question that asks you to verify what you have said? You said we voted to join. We never did. So you make a comment and get backed up when you all know that it is a false statement.

Nice one.

You clearly stated that 17 months isn’t a long enough period for people to be allowed to change their minds so I was just wondering what was. Personally I don’t mind if people changed their minds the following day whether they voted leave or remain or voted to join or not join all those years ago. Changing our minds make us human, it’s called free will. I don’t have a problem with that whether that be 1 day, 17 months or half a century later. You clearly do as you want to put a timescale of allowance on it. I was just wondering what that timescale was.

Last edited:

Astute

You clearly stated that 17 months isn’t a long enough period for people to be allowed to change their minds so I was just wondering what was. Personally I don’t mind if people changed their minds the following day whether they voted leave or remain or voted to join or not join all those years ago. Changing our minds make us human, it’s called free will. I don’t have a problem with that whether that be 1 day, 17 months or half a century later. You clearly do as you want to put a timescale of allowance on it. I was just wondering what that timescale was.
Just point out where I said that. This is becoming a joke.

Grendel

When you look across all the opinion polls over the last 6 months very little has changed. There is certainly no massive anti Brexit swing - in fact consistently 30% of all polled remain uninterested which means given the relative split of those interested only 30% of voters want a second vote.

The notion we can just have a poll a week of minds change (even though as I've pointed out there is no evidence of that) is getting beyond the realm of credibility.

However, as I've frequently pointed out, there is s process and that's vote through the ballot box for a party that wants one. The Tories won a majority on that election pledge and in the prior election the UKIP vote soared due to the pledge. So if the feeling is that great the Lib Dems WILL be the next party of government or at least form a sizeable coalition partner.

It's no good though saying there are other issues when we are being told by the pro Euro group this is the big issue. Clearly if the above scenario doesn't unfold and the polls are correct - it just isn't.

Sick Boy

When you look across all the opinion polls over the last 6 months very little has changed. There is certainly no massive anti Brexit swing - in fact consistently 30% of all polled remain uninterested which means given the relative split of those interested only 30% of voters want a second vote.

The notion we can just have a poll a week of minds change (even though as I've pointed out there is no evidence of that) is getting beyond the realm of credibility.

However, as I've frequently pointed out, there is s process and that's vote through the ballot box for a party that wants one. The Tories won a majority on that election pledge and in the prior election the UKIP vote soared due to the pledge. So if the feeling is that great the Lib Dems WILL be the next party of government or at least form a sizeable coalition partner.

It's no good though saying there are other issues when we are being told by the pro Euro group this is the big issue. Clearly if the above scenario doesn't unfold and the polls are correct - it just isn't.

One thing that polls have consistently shown though is that a majority believe the government is making a pig's ear out of negotiations.

Grendel

I dont see any harm in wanting the people to confirm they're happy with any deal made...

If leaving good for us, they will be after all.

Again if people want a say vince cable will be Pm if they don't then they are happy to let the government make the decision on their behalf.

That's democracy

Users who are viewing this thread