The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (13 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shmmeee

The wording of the vote was purely about leaving the European Union

Thats wordplay bollocks, let’s be honest. I know a lot of Brexit voters, the issues were sovereignty and immigration. Any single market access would have been a betrayal of their vote.

The fact is as a country we chose those things over economic prosperity. There was no “Brexit” without severe economic harm.

skybluetony176

The wording of the vote was purely about leaving the European Union
What were you really expecting to happen next if not this? Did you loose sight of who had their hands on the brexit wheel and was going to shape it?

The fact is you never had a say in what it would look like, that was always going to be at the mercy of Tories and the worst type of Tories to boot. Cameron was never going to stick around in a leave outcome so essentially a leave vote was a vote for Boris, Rees-Mogg, Davies, Raab, Patel etc.

shmmeee

What were you really expecting to happen next if not this? Did you loose sight of who had their hands on the brexit wheel and was going to shape it?

The fact is you never had a say in what it would look like, that was always going to be at the mercy of Tories and the worst type of Tories to boot. Cameron was never going to stick around in a leave outcome so essentially a leave vote was a vote for Boris, Rees-Mogg, Davies, Raab, Patel etc.

Lexit was basically the same thing. Lower immigration to boost wages and allow tariffs and other trade barriers/state aid.

Grendel

What are you on about?

You have suggested we will return to the eu and many voters are unhappy with the result - so urge the labour party to campaign to return as part of the next general election campaign - vote winner is it?

Grendel

Thats wordplay bollocks, let’s be honest. I know a lot of Brexit voters, the issues were sovereignty and immigration. Any single market access would have been a betrayal of their vote.

The fact is as a country we chose those things over economic prosperity. There was no “Brexit” without severe economic harm.

You said yesterday people were offering you £100 grand a year on LinkedIn without even interviewing you. What economic harm are you Experiencing personally?

fernandopartridge

Tony have a look back at this thread, I flagged who was in charge of implementing it and stated my misgivings at the time. In retrospect I should have gone with my gut and voted remain but I didn't and neither did many others, so we have to accept the vote and make the best of the it.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Lucky for shmmeee his daughter talked him out of believing in unicorns on referendum day.....

jimmyhillsfanclub

Tony have a look back at this thread, I flagged who was in charge of implementing it and stated my misgivings at the time. In retrospect I should have gone with my gut and voted remain but I didn't and neither did many others, so we have to accept the vote and make the best of the it.

Tony has the retrospective ability to see into the future.....which I suppose is fair enough as a previous UKIP voter, he knows what he voted for....

NorthernWisdom

Lucky for shmmeee his daughter talked him out of believing in unicorns on referendum day.....

A superb bit of Astutism on that page!

Grendel

That’s beat my spreadsheet skills — do
You want a job?

Grendel

Tony has the retrospective ability to see into the future.....which I suppose is fair enough as a previous UKIP voter, he knows what he voted for....

I think Tony has voted for every party in existence

Why doesn’t he just accept he’s a Lib Dem. No ideology just climb into bed with the most popular game in town

Grendel

Not hard, tbf

giphy.gif

shmmeee

She did. I believed in Lexit, and I was wrong to.

Grendel

Grendel

From 'no downsides, only considerable upsides' to 'just accept it and make the most of it' is quite the anti climax.

But so very, very inevitable.

campaign to get back in - get Labour to adopt it as a key election strategy

Grendel

God, I've opened he Eu thread again by mistake.

I knew there was something seriously wrong with the world.

Im enjoying it we’ve found another astute but so much more fun

Grendel

Do you ever get bored repeating yourself using the same words

Well it’s a bad idea it seems so demand change? What are you afraid of? Bit ironic as well given left wing cliche Claptrap is what this thread exists on

Sky Blue Pete

Hard to argue that brexit hasn't been anything other than a massive fuck up upto this point ..

I was extremely naive when I voted .. I'd definitely vote remain now , there are literally NO benefits from what i can see ...mistakes were made
Any benefits needed hard work and a plan and people that urged others to vote for it don’t give a shit about others or our country so couldn’t be arsed

Sky Blue Pete

Any benefits needed hard work and a plan and people that urged others to vote for it don’t give a shit about others or our country so couldn’t be arsed
Also any benefits were potential benefits so needed to be realised. They were never going to fall into peoples laps. Farage was on the programme after question time last night. Arrogant posh twat. Talking as if his opinion mattered. He’s moved on to the next get rich fraud. Literally now blaming people for the problems we have. Here’s a mirror Nigel there’s the person to blame. Michael jackson sang a song about it

Users who are viewing this thread