The clock is ticking transfer window countdown thread (1 Viewer)

mark82

I actually don't think we'll see any movement in or out of City, but I don't see why we couldn't get one of those players on loan on cut price wages when his parent club would be paying the rest.

Agree. Most likely if any would be Hulse. QPR seem to be collecting strikers at the moment.

Trotta is currently moving up the pecking order at Fulham. Zamora possibly on his way out. Also been rumours about Johnson the last couple of days so he would only be available if Fulham brought someone in. Apparently Trotta is also on Rangers radar.

kg82

Agree. Most likely if any would be Hulse. QPR seem to be collecting strikers at the moment.

Trotta is currently moving up the pecking order at Fulham. Zamora possibly on his way out. Also been rumours about Johnson the last couple of days so he would only be available if Fulham brought someone in. Apparently Trotta is also on Rangers radar.

Ah, interesting. Fulham are apparently after that Russian striker, Pobgrenyak (or something like that?!) and also Odemwengie, which would push him down again. But if Rangers are serious about getting him (I can't see them gtting Grant Holt!) then I don't think we'll have a chance. By the way, if that's the forward line for Fulham will feel sorry for any commentator!

torchomatic

Doncaster sign a French midfielder. Hopefully they wont get another striker in.

@richh87

Can't believe we have to get more players out to get bloody loans in.

How about actually trying to fight relegation SISU - the manager and players are giving everything they've got.

mark82

Can't believe we have to get more players out to get bloody loans in.

How about actually trying to fight relegation SISU - the manager and players are giving everything they've got.

I know. Juke & McPake out has allowed us enough spare wages to bring in 1 kid on loan (nimely) and a 37 year old. Surely enough left to bring in another loan seen as we got a reasonably substantial fee for Juke. Club is a joke.

well if we dont bring any players in i assume the board must be settling for relegation and not willing to spend what they think will be dead money, shocking really, maybe they will surprise me with a couple in, a striker and a winger must be the priority but i dont hold much hope. sad, frustrated, about to give up

torchomatic

Why post that now when there are seven hours to go? Who's to say we won't sign anyone?

mark82

well if we dont bring any players in i assume the board must be settling for relegation and not willing to spend what they think will be dead money, shocking really, maybe they will surprise me with a couple in, a striker and a winger must be the priority but i dont hold much hope. sad, frustrated, about to give up

What's the obsession with us needing a winger. We don't really play traditional wingers in the diamond.

ashbyjan

“We will let some fringe players go out to get games and that will give me a chance to get a few quid to try to improve us,” said Thorn who is hopeful of bringing in an experienced front man today and a sharp young Premier League striker when the emergency loan window opens a week tomorrow (Feb 8).

kg82

What's the obsession with us needing a winger. We don't really play traditional wingers in the diamond.

I reckon people mean pace, but associate the position with the trait? Which I agree with, we need a bit more pace, but Nimely's a good start!

WillieStanley

If we don't sign anyone, it'll be because a) ROD hasn't gone to Hibs and b) because Clingan hasn't left.

I thought that was clear? Plus, the emergency loans open in a week!

EDIT: Oops, didn't realise ROD had gone! There's still one remaining factor though!

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

“We will let some fringe players go out to get games and that will give me a chance to get a few quid to try to improve us,” said Thorn who is hopeful of bringing in an experienced front man today and a sharp young Premier League striker when the emergency loan window opens a week tomorrow (Feb 8).
Still holding out hope for a signing today with ROD gone.

@richh87

Yeah what's the rush? Not like we've got any games this week and urgently need points...

torchomatic

Well, we've signed two recently, one was our Match winne. Lets wait and see, eh?

Me, or anyone else that has worked out the way SISU run our club.

torchomatic

Five hours to go.

Astute

yeah and look at where we are playing this brilliant diamond formation, bottom

Should make you the manager.

When AT first took over he saved us from relegation playing the same formation. Since then he has lost nearly every decent player. He lost nearly the full team, from GK to strikers. They never got replaced. So what makes you say it is the formation we play? I have stated my main reason why.

keef

Should make you the manager.

When AT first took over he saved us from relegation playing the same formation. Since then he has lost nearly every decent player. He lost nearly the full team, from GK to strikers. They never got replaced. So what makes you say it is the formation we play? I have stated my main reason why.

Well said. Theres none as blind as them that wont see....as me nan says

Astute

If we had the money AT would've been fired way before Christmas

So are you saying he is crap when he has had the crap going on like he has. He has done well to keep the players playing like he has. Yes, he has made mistakes. He is not perfect. Neither am I. Neither are you. Neither are any other managers. Even top managers make mistakes. He is learning quickly. I think he will become a good manager.

Waldorf

If we don't sign anyone, it'll be because a) ROD hasn't gone to Hibs and b) because Clingan hasn't left.

I thought that was clear? Plus, the emergency loans open in a week!

EDIT: Oops, didn't realise ROD had gone! There's still one remaining factor though!
If Clingan goes, we'd need a replacement for him. You can't expect Thomas to be consistent throughout a relegation fight, and he could get injured. Clingan won't go until the summer.

usskyblue

So are you saying he is crap when he has had the crap going on like he has. He has done well to keep the players playing like he has. Yes, he has made mistakes. He is not perfect. Neither am I. Neither are you. Neither are any other managers. Even top managers make mistakes. He is learning quickly. I think he will become a good manager.

WTF are you lot on? Did i say he was crap? I just pointed out the obvious. If SISU could afford to fire him, they probably would...

valiant15

It would be interesting to see how thorn/the team would be getting on now if he was able to keep last seasons squad and add some quality to it,i expect nobody to sign tonight.

ashbyjan

If the fans had turned on thorn he would have gone but never has the crowd got on his back and demanded his sacking so here he sits.

Grendel

Me, or anyone else that has worked out the way SISU run our club.

But according to you they are very shrewd at appointing a quality manager are they not. Thorn was only employed because of sisu and that is a masterstroke isn't it astute?

Astute

WTF are you lot on? Did i say he was crap? I just pointed out the obvious. If SISU could afford to fire him, they probably would...

They know they have not backed him. They know they have stitched him up. Anyone with half a brain can see he has been stitched up.

Look at other teams at the bottom. The Forest squad should not be near the bottom. They are not the only ones. We have not even had a striker all season that can shoot. Juke is good, but has 2 left feet even on a good day. He still scored 9, so what could a striker like King have done this season?

Astute

But according to you they are very shrewd at appointing a quality manager are they not. Thorn was only employed because of sisu and that is a masterstroke isn't it astute?

Time to chat shit as usual is it?

Who has ever said he got the job as he is a good manager? He had never been a manager before.

Sometimes I wonder how many of the WUM's on here are actually connected to SISU. SISU are at fault, not AT.

Grendel

They know they have not backed him. They know they have stitched him up. Anyone with half a brain can see he has been stitched up.

Look at other teams at the bottom. The Forest squad should
not be near the bottom. They are not the only ones. We have not even had a striker all season that can shoot. Juke is good, but has 2 left feet even on a good day. He still scored 9, so what could a striker like King have done this season?

For a start king would never have signed for thorn. Also thorn is only the manager because of cost cutting. Otherwise we would have a real manager with a real budget.

Grendel

Time to chat shit as usual is it?

Who has ever said he got the job as he is a good manager? He had never been a manager before.

Sometimes I wonder how many of the WUM's on here areactually connected to SISU. SISU are at fault, not AT.

So I disagree with you so I work for sisu. Grow up. The one difference between me and you is I go to every game.

Users who are viewing this thread