That'll do me for this season... (1 Viewer)

shropshirecov

...after this last couple of weeks.
Some people were saying our season was done after Yeovil, I'm sorry to say I now agree with them. Not because of the points we are behind, that's recoverable, but not with our powder puff midfield and being such a soft touch at home.
My nine year old said to me as week walked out yesterday, dad how come when it's still light after the match, our season is over?
Poeple slagging Mcshefferey, baker and clarke get on me tits as well. I'll end up smacking someone if I keep going. Hope someone like Eric Black or Dennis Wise comes in and we have a barnstorming end to the season. Can't see it happening tho, another year without a top six finish. Fair play to those who travel thru thin and thinner.
Enjoyed some banter on here, take care of yourselves.
Not much of a supporter am I.

I may be back for some more punishment in August.

Mucca Mad Boys

Baker and Clarke, agreed, slating is unjustified, McSheffrey however, his performances and total 'industrial output' suggests he hasn't been good this season, if he were foreign, or just not from Coventry, he would be our most hated player, as poorer than Fleck in the tackle - the way people go on about Fleck, this is saying something! - hasn't scored enough and hasn't assisted enough to deserve the privilege of wearing the shirt.

Grendel

Baker and Clarke, agreed, slating is unjustified, McSheffrey however, his performances and total 'industrial output' suggests he hasn't been good this season, if he were foreign, or just not from Coventry, he would be our most hated player, as poorer than Fleck in the tackle - the way people go on about Fleck, this is saying something! - hasn't scored enough and hasn't assisted enough to deserve the privilege of wearing the shirt.

Mcsheffrey is still twice the player fleck will ever be and that is admiring mcsheffrey is significantly on the decline.

devonrich

depression as a CCFC fan is part of our culture i am afraid. We always expect the worst and have a negative outlook based on decades of underperforming (with notable 87 exception). It is hard to attack any fan that 'says they have enough' but if you are anything like me you wont be able to - unlike some it is in our blood and you will be back - one win and optimism returns. Perhaps that is what is wrong - we are either on a total 'but sadly undeserving' high, one loss and we are knocked out. Just except that we are a Div 1 club at moment. We have good players, we have rubbish, we have comitment, we have greedy merchants. That is the nature of the beast. Fans pay their money and earn their right to critisise. god knows they have been treated like shit so much over years. I do agree the negativity is total unhelpful, even toxic, but can you blame people. We just want stability, a decent footballing side, and good times as well as bad ones!

Mucca Mad Boys

Mcsheffrey is still twice the player fleck will ever be and that is admiring mcsheffrey is significantly on the decline.

The same McSheffrey who still has less goals and assists than Fleck in more games? :thinking about: :facepalm:

Ashdown1

I think our season will fizzle out now to be honest, I've lost my belief now as well and its not because of a powder puff midfield at all, its because our strikers are just not good enough, none of them and they don't work together or compliment each other either. We've scored 1 goal in 3 home games despite a glut of chances and that's not going to get you promoted is it??

GaryJones

Couldnt agree more with the sentiments on this thread - CCFC Have finally worn me down!

"If someone keeps smacking you in the face almost every time you see them - you would surely stop going to see them wouldnt you?"

This came from my 14 year old daughter!

Ive had enough of being smacked in the face almost every week for 30 years!

ohitsaidwalker king power

A former workmate and friend stopped me in the street outside Crewe's ground on Wednesday; the streets teeming with sky blue.. shook mine and my sons hand and said to my 13 year old .... "and remember.. its for life son"..... enough said.

GaryJones

A former workmate and friend stopped me in the street outside Crewe's ground on Wednesday; the streets teeming with sky blue.. shook mine and my sons hand and said to my 13 year old .... "and remember.. its for life son"..... enough said.

Yep King Power very true - Its just as well we cant be prosecuted for the torment and cruelty we put our poor kids through! :(

skybluesteve76

Stay behind them. Just steer clear of that god forsaken place called the Ricoh!
I hate the place with a passion, mainly because its really hard to get to (from Cov) and the atmosphere is Shite!
Go to the away games. This season it's been mainly awesome on the road.

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

gary_ccfcforever

How is the Ricoh hard to get too? I'm just not buying that. It seems people love making excuses for not going.. Before saturdays game i read some people using the excuse 'im bored of watching us play against Crewe so i'm not going' Thats a piss poor excuse. Every 90 minutes is different regardless of who you play.

We barely scraped 10,000 on saturday despite being in 8th and only 8 off top spot for a city of 300,000+ its embarrasing

skybluegod

If we want to save our season we need to drop fecking sheffers. I will get berated for this but he is not good enough now. Put moussa out there or fleck. I admit in the first 10 mins of every game he is fantastic but after that he is shit now. I used to be one of his biggest fans but now he is just past it. We complain about not scoring enough its because he doesn't score when he is meant to be one of our most attacking players.

skybluesteve76

How is the Ricoh hard to get too? I'm just not buying that. It seems people love making excuses for not going.. Before saturdays game i read some people using the excuse 'im bored of watching us play against Crewe so i'm not going' Thats a piss poor excuse. Every 90 minutes is different regardless of who you play.

We barely scraped 10,000 on saturday despite being in 8th and only 8 off top spot for a city of 300,000+ its embarrasing

No where to park would be the major problem for me.
I hate the place always have.
Plastic, soulless arena.
After midweek I was sick of watching us get outplayed by Crewe, think I was proven right.
First year without season ticket in twenty years, so I have still gone to the Ricoh before this season.
Been to most away games this season and been pretty much able to drive door to door and park right outside the ground in a side street etc.
I don't do public transport and I won't pay a fortune to get a car park pass.
Last time I parked in Tescos it took me about three months to get out!!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

Nick

Administrator
If we want to save our season we need to drop fecking sheffers. I will get berated for this but he is not good enough now. Put moussa out there or fleck. I admit in the first 10 mins of every game he is fantastic but after that he is shit now. I used to be one of his biggest fans but now he is just past it. We complain about not scoring enough its because he doesn't score when he is meant to be one of our most attacking players.

Have to agree, at least for a couple of games! Fleck has played a lot less but has the same goals i think and more assists!

WillieStanley

What, for free? Love to know where.

When you go anywhere you have to pay for parking... why should football be any different. If parking really is such a bother, why don't you get one of the direct buses? Probably save you a few quid!!

Anyway, I really don't buy into this. There are many excuses people use, but that's all they are. I have a lot more time for people when they just admit that its because they are fed up or simply can't afford the time or money. Saying it's because of the "Soulless" Ricoh. It's a false economy. The reason it's soulless is because people like you don't turn up. The signings are't awe inspiring because people like you don't turn up.

If you can't bare to watch L1 football or you prefer the atmosphere at away games, just say so - they're valid enough reasons on their own without trying to slag off an experience that is good enough for 10,000 other people.

Flying Fokker

No where to park would be the major problem for me.
I hate the place always have.
Plastic, soulless arena.
After midweek I was sick of watching us get outplayed by Crewe, think I was proven right.
First year without season ticket in twenty years, so I have still gone to the Ricoh before this season.
Been to most away games this season and been pretty much able to drive door to door and park right outside the ground in a side street etc.
I don't do public transport and I won't pay a fortune to get a car park pass.
Last time I parked in Tescos it took me about three months to get out!!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest
Dude, there are loads of places to park...For Free. Exhall Church area, the top of School Lane in Exhall for example. Not difficult if you really want to see your team play.
Also, the Ricoh is not that bad. We can all think of better times (Mine being the mid to late 1970's when the old Kop was there. I still walked to the ground though. It was miles away from where I got off the bus.

I walk the best part of 3 miles to go to the games although I could park in the places mentioned earlier. A lot of people seem to walk and they don't moan about it. Think of the benefits. I have mentioned in the past that the best part of match day is walking to and from the Ricoh!!

For those of you who sit near people you dont like:

You don't have to sit near the moaners either, there is a whole stadium for you to sit. What is wrong with you? Shift me, I'm burning? I often change seats from block 15 to the old Telegraph stand at half time. Even thought of bringing a sleeping bag in because it is nice and quiet in there.

Should you go to a game if you don't feel like it?
I couldn't give a monkeys about going to every game, if I need a rest from it I go and do something else even though I am a season ticket holder. Yet at the same time I find myself pinned to the radio when we are playing. Can't have it both ways can I?

It is in my blood though. Each year I buy a season ticket because on the whole the benefits outweigh the costs (even though I am a miserable sod when we lose)

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Some people were saying our season was done after Yeovil, I'm sorry to say I now agree with them. Not because of the points we are behind, that's recoverable, but not with our powder puff midfield and being such a soft touch at home.
My nine year old said to me as week walked out yesterday, dad how come when it's still light after the match, our season is over?
Poeple slagging Mcshefferey, baker and clarke get on me tits as well. I'll end up smacking someone if I keep going. Hope someone like Eric Black or Dennis Wise comes in and we have a barnstorming end to the season. Can't see it happening tho, another year without a top six finish. Fair play to those who travel thru thin and thinner.
Enjoyed some banter on here, take care of yourselves.
Not much of a supporter am I.

I may be back for some more punishment in August.

The manager merry go round continues

stupot07

To be honest sooner or later the council would have brought in parking restrictions around Highfield Road and surrounding areas.

tippex9

Yeah it's all the Ricohs fault, it was much better with 16,000 at Highfield Road, losing most weeks before putting a short run together to stay up. Wondering if your car still had windows when you walked towards it after the game. Politely declining the ladies of the night. I'd forgotten all the cup wins, play-off victories & league titles. If we were still there we'd be rolling in money & could have beaten PSG to Becks.

Lets change the name of the Ricoh to Scapegoat Stadium!!!

Back to the OP, yep I kind of agree, it feels like the wind has dropped from our sails. The amazing run of form & goals has dried up. Our poor home form was always going to bite us on the backside eventually.

Malfie Henpox

This makes no sense. If he'd said 'still dark', I'd get it. But it only gets lighter between now and May.

skybluesteve76

Yeah it's all the Ricohs fault, it was much better with 16,000 at Highfield Road, losing most weeks before putting a short run together to stay up. Wondering if your car still had windows when you walked towards it after the game. Politely declining the ladies of the night. I'd forgotten all the cup wins, play-off victories & league titles. If we were still there we'd be rolling in money & could have beaten PSG to Becks.

Lets change the name of the Ricoh to Scapegoat Stadium!!!

Back to the OP, yep I kind of agree, it feels like the wind has dropped from our sails. The amazing run of form & goals has dried up. Our poor home form was always going to bite us on the backside eventually.

Why aren't I allowed to hate the Ricoh?
I'm sorry your so upset

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

SkyBlueZack

The simple fact is that, if we stayed at highfield road:- We Would Still Own Our Own Ground And Wouldnt Have This Level Of Debt.

I would be more than happy to have stayed at highfield road, whilst continuing to politely decline the ladies of the night and found a way to deal with Championship relegation and may even be able to stomach the JPT heartbreak......Because I'd still have my season ticket in WT7 and my team wouldnt be riddled with debt and ground ownership issues.

Think 'Take Me Home' should become our number 1 song. Certainly holds a level of sentimental value

coundonskyblue

The club has been in heavy debt since the mid nighties, that would still exist now at HR.

The Ricoh is a far better ground from a fans point of view.

SkyBlueZack

Maybe not you, kickin' it in the telegraph stand in your sleeping bag, but for those of us who dont pretend that the Ricoh was our saviour, I think it makes sense.

Oh and my gripe is nothing to do with parking problems: I pay a fiver at the cherry tree every other week, its the fact that even when were looking at play-offs, the club as an organisation is designed to bleed cash into the mysterious owners' pockets

Users who are viewing this thread