That Puma 87 Cup replica shirt (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

My collection. And yes I know I need to get a life.
attachment.php

Attachments

• city shirts.jpg
    city shirts.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

skybluelee

quality wernt they!! I still don't get how we managed to keep the 83-86 away shirt for the 86/87 season though when we changed kit supplier!!
attachment.php

I always wondered that with the away shirt. Same shirt but it did have a triple s sports logo on it in 86/87.

James Smith

Bidding on one on ebay a few years ago and midway through the auction the shirt is pulled and the auction ended. The seller had quite a feminine username and the explanation was that the item was no longer available. I guessed that it had belonged or still did to her fella and he'd objected to the sale.

Gaz71

Would be great to have the umbro home and away style shirts as our new Nike kits, I remember having the triple sports home shirt, but can't remember the triple sports away shirt ever going on sale? Must have been player issue only, also remember the team having Adidas track suits for the cup final.

CovisGod

I'm so jealous of all of you with the retro kits ! I started supporting Cov in 93/94 so I've got every shirt from then onwards, except the bloody 87 replica (grrrrr) I would pay silly money for the Original 87 cup shirt !

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm so jealous of all of you with the retro kits ! I started supporting Cov in 93/94 so I've got every shirt from then onwards, except the bloody 87 replica (grrrrr) I would pay silly money for the Original 87 cup shirt !

I had it and may still have it at my parents (I will look) and if I have you can have it for nothing but unless you are very small it won't fit as I was only twelve at the time.

skybluelee

I had it and may still have it at my parents (I will look) and if I have you can have it for nothing but unless you are very small it won't fit as I was only twelve at the time.

I had the umbro home and away ones and the cup home one in kids sizes but my bloody mum chucked them.

B-Ban-Boogie

This thread reminded me that i was lucky enough to be back in Blighty when they were selling the replica's in the Ricoh club shop a couple of years ago.
I was going to wear it at football training but a week after we came back to the States my wife handed me the F.A Cup final program and ticket that she'd got off ebay, so I decided to just put it away until I framed the lot.
I still haven't done it and now i cannot find the program or ticket.. :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• covreplica.jpg
    covreplica.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 70
  • covreplica1.jpg
    covreplica1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 70
  • covreplica2.jpg
    covreplica2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 70

skybluelee

This thread reminded me that i was lucky enough to be back in Blighty when they were selling the replica's in the Ricoh club shop a couple of years ago.
I was going to wear it at football training but a week after we came back to the States my wife handed me the F.A Cup final program and ticket that she'd got off ebay, so I decided to just put it away until I framed the lot.
I still haven't done it and now i cannot find the program or ticket.. :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have to say the material on that shirt is weird, all shiny and thick. I sweat like a pig in it if I wear it on a run.

B-Ban-Boogie

I have to say the material on that shirt is weird, all shiny and thick. I sweat like a pig in it if I wear it on a run.

I think the V in the neck is too big.
The amount of times I've put it on thinking "Bugger it, I'll wear it today" then notice the bottom of the 'V' is so low it actually looks a bit weird.
I don't know whether it is a bit of a fuck up on the manufactures part or that i just have a weird shaped body!! (probably the latter tbf)..

duffer

I think the V in the neck is too big.
The amount of times I've put it on thinking "Bugger it, I'll wear it today" then notice the bottom of the 'V' is so low it actually looks a bit weird.
I don't know whether it is a bit of a fuck up on the manufactures part or that i just have a weird shaped body!! (probably the latter tbf)..

It's designed like that to highlight your cleavage mate. Same reason it's a bit short at the back.

;)

ajsccfc

I only wore it once or twice because of this, plus the arms seemed really oddly fit. It strikes me as something that would be better served framed and signed than actually worn.

Users who are viewing this thread