That’s on Robins (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

the same manager who brings an ageing not good enough Liam Kelly on the pitch? Same manager who brings waghorn on last week who will not be here next season. sorry but that’s a poor excuse. if he doesn’t play we don’t know how good he is
Robins won’t be here next year!!!!!!!! What??

Londonccfcfan

Big fan of Robins, but that was on him today. Jamie Allen and O'Hare were treading water at 65 minutes. Thing we needed most once they got the 1st goal was energy, we needed to step up the pitch and try to win a few 2nd balls, but we just couldn't get near them.

Gutted tbh, but trying not to be too dramatic about it. Some tough games coming up, but let's just hope we can put it right on Wednesday.
To bring on Kelly ahead of Eccles or Palmer but was just crazy.

Kelly is way out of hos depth. No fit. Didnt touch the ball. Couldn't close down at all. Chased shadows.

Pathetic substitution. He just watched the ball by pass him fir last 25 mins.

Sick Boy

To bring on Kelly ahead of Eccles or Palmer but was just crazy.

Kelly is way out of hos depth. No fit. Didnt touch the ball. Couldn't close down at all. Chased shadows.

Pathetic substitution. He just watched the ball by pass him fir last 25 mins.
I thought Eccles wasn’t in the squad?

Londonccfcfan

I thought Eccles wasn’t in the squad?
Yeah I just realised. Still a puzzling substitutions.

The jittery ness started by Wilson's poor distributions. Like a cat on hot tin roof. He was so eager to kick or throw out ball out. Ffs needed a calm head to just slow it down.

So frustrated today.

ALSO
WHEN THE FUCK ARE GONNA GET A MESSEGE TO THE BALL BOYS WE ARE 3 NIL UP. STOP RUNNING TO GET THE BALL BACK IN PLAY AND GIVIJG IT THE OPPOSITION, THEY WERE DOING IT IT IN 8OTH MINUTE WHEN THEY GOT IT BACK TO 3-2. MIND BOGGLING.

EVERY OTHER CLUB DOES IT. WE ARE SO NAIVE ITS UNBELIEVABLE.

Grendel

I don’t think he helps play at all but probably Waghorn could have come on for Allen to add experience up top but he’s been such a poor signing

hes an experienced pro who takes his job seriously- it’s utter insanity that he wouldn’t play him when we were starting to flounder and he decided to bring Kelly on - it was a ridiculous decision

Kingokings204

Harry Hindsight is the best trader in town. Ffs we were 3-0 up and cruising. I would expect the kids to defend that lead for 25 mins. Yes we made stupid errors and let them back in to it but that’s the risk with young defences. 1 goal can snowball. And yes robins could have made a change sooner but that doesn’t alter the fact the current players were doing a cracking job before 65 mins. None of these posters have praised robins for difficult circumstances in injuries etc and being 3-0 up playing some great football.

SkyBlueMatt

I wasn't there today (trains, I don't live in Cov) so I can't give a real opinion but 3 up, it's a team defeat. That includes Robins but isn't more his fault than any other on the pitch.

I'm gutted and pissed off but I'm certain Robins and the team feel the same way.

3 up, no excuses but this will only drive them on to prove they are better than this.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

ceetee

I think the point is that Swansea made substitutions / shape changes which meant that they dominated the midfield. It changed the game and it was obvious that our lead was looking fragile. Robins was very slow to respond. I thought that bringing on Kelley was rational, although too little and too late.
I think some of the criticism of the defence has been unwarranted. If you surrender the midfield to a team of that quality your defence is going to be be under constant pressure.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the point is that Swansea made substitutions / shape changes which meant that they dominated the midfield. It changed the game and it was obvious that our lead was looking fragile. Robins was very slow to respond. I thought that bringing on Kelley was rational, although too little and too late.
I think some of the criticism of the defence has been unwarranted. If you surrender the midfield to a team of that quality your defence is going to be be under constant pressure.
Kelly fully fit, perhaps. Kelly in his first senior appearance of the season and still unfit, no. Even if O'Hare is blowing you still keep him out there.

Brylowes

We will lose games we deserve to win, we will win games we deserve to lose, we will salvage a draw from unlikely situations, ffs that’s football isn’t it, Robins like every other manager in football will make mistakes.
Rather than dwell on unfortunate and unexpected results like today keep your eye on overall form and the continued progress this club keeps making under the guidance of Mark Robins ‘it’s phenomenal.
I find it really difficult to understand how any true supporters of this club would believe we’d be better off without him.
get a grip.

fernandopartridge

Big fan of Robins, but that was on him today. Jamie Allen and O'Hare were treading water at 65 minutes. Thing we needed most once they got the 1st goal was energy, we needed to step up the pitch and try to win a few 2nd balls, but we just couldn't get near them.

Gutted tbh, but trying not to be too dramatic about it. Some tough games coming up, but let's just hope we can put it right on Wednesday.
Fair assessment mate but i suppose the reality is that we've got very few alternatives to bring both of those players off. I felt we let them back in by letting them control the tempo

CDK

A bad day at the office on the pitch,think the likes of Allen,COH performance wise dropped off and that's what happens it feels like a defeat,they have plenty of chances to put it right coming up.
Robins must accept some responsibility also as he's proved he's only human as 3-0 up after 65 minutes could not contemplate anything but a win .

Covkid1968#

Yeah I just realised. Still a puzzling substitutions.

The jittery ness started by Wilson's poor distributions. Like a cat on hot tin roof. He was so eager to kick or throw out ball out. Ffs needed a calm head to just slow it down.

So frustrated today.

ALSO
WHEN THE FUCK ARE GONNA GET A MESSEGE TO THE BALL BOYS WE ARE 3 NIL UP. STOP RUNNING TO GET THE BALL BACK IN PLAY AND GIVIJG IT THE OPPOSITION, THEY WERE DOING IT IT IN 8OTH MINUTE WHEN THEY GOT IT BACK TO 3-2. MIND BOGGLING.

EVERY OTHER CLUB DOES IT. WE ARE SO NAIVE ITS UNBELIEVABLE.
Yeah agree wit this… the little chap in our corner was so pleased to get a touch of the ball and got it back double quick… for another attack to build!!!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The tactics as much as the changes in personnel were the problem we went from a back three to five at the back this invited them into that space. and they exploited it.We had the sight of Bidwell playing mainly just over the half way line one minute and twenty yards futher back the next.I thought the first change was the worst one.The whole shape went then.
When they brought Allen on we did not react we waited another twenty minutes .The guy started to run the game using the space we left in midfield when we did react too late for me the wrong change was made Waghorn should have come on and gone up front with Vic who was on his own so the ball just came back every clearence via Allen because Kelly isn't fit on that showing it was like playing with ten men.

mmttww

Mark Robins said:
We could have won it but it was a ridiculous game of football. It's easy to be angry, but that isn't the right emotion in my opinion, we have to learn and there's a lot of learning to do again..

This is why he's a successful manager and none of us are. I don't remember anything like this happening under him before. I'd be surprised if it happens again. Bloke knows what he's doing. And no chance it's "on him". Eleven professional footballers gave away a three goal lead in 20 mins. Learning is for them, not Robins.

Users who are viewing this thread