Tevez confirms exit wish (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Carlos-Tevez_2540160.jpg
Striker feels Eastlands career is at an end
Carlos Tevez has made it clear that he wants to leave Manchester City after a breakdown in his relationships with 'certain executives and individuals'.
City announced earlier on Sunday that they had rejected a transfer request from the Argentine striker, who has scored 39 goals in 60 appearances for the club.
In a lengthy statement, City also expressed their disappointment with the actions of Tevez representative.
The 26-year-old has now responded by confirming that he is keen to move and offering his reasons for the decision.
Tevez says some relationships have 'broken down beyond repair' and he now feels he has no choice but to go.
He admits the situation is unfortunate but it is something he has been mulling over for some time, while City's attack on his long-term adviser Kia Joorabchain has also caused irritation.
"I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club," Tevez said in a statement.
"Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career.

Regrettable

"My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable that we have reached this situation.
"But it is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through."
Tevez revealed that he first asked to leave the Blues this summer but was talked out of taking such drastic action by Joorabchian.
He is unhappy about the intimation that he is not making his own decisions and feels City cast doubt on his motives for leaving the Blues.
"I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others," Tevez continued.
"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.
"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.
"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair.
"I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."

No Mancini problem

Tevez stressed that he bore no ill-will to manager Roberto Mancini, despite their touchline row during last week's win over Bolton, while he also thanked owner Sheikh Mansour.
"I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini," he said.
"The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheik Mansour for his understanding and support."
It has also been categorically denied that Tevez is refusing to play for City, even though it is difficult to see how he could be considered for selection, as City claimed in their own statement.
Tevez, who has three-and-a-half years left to run on his current five-year contract, is currently in Tenerife after being granted time off over the weekend but is expected back on Tuesday.
It is thought that Tevez hopes to tempt his wife and family to move back to Europe if he can find a new club in January
A switch to one of the major Spanish sides in the Primera Liga is thought to be one possible option.

Users who are viewing this thread