Tennis elbow (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Anyone had this before, and how do you get rid of it or treat it?

I can't lift weights at the gym (I'm not a massive lifter) and need to get it ready for crown green bowls season.

I don't play tennis and my friends have already made masturbation jokes. Thanks.

Nuskyblue

You can also get a deely that you put around your forearm by the elbow when you're participating in sports/activities that aggravate it. The deely stops the tendon from vibrating and swelling up.

Edit: the thing isn't called a deely that's just what I call things that I can't remember the name off

SAJ

I can't lift weights at the gym (I'm not a massive lifter) and need to get it ready for crown green bowls season.

I don't play tennis and my friends have already made masturbation jokes. Thanks.
Ice on it. Elbow strap, ibuprofen or if they fail go to the doctors and they can inject steroids. But that’s some way down the line if treatments.

Hertsccfc

Had it for over five years, caused by playing tennis. I have never been able to get rid of it fully but it does vary in intensity.

Started off with ice and rest, then had physio, which helped a bit. Also followed various exercises I found on the internet, including on YouTube. Doing this I have found that it is manageable and can play tennis. However the occasional mistimed shot can send it off again. Good luck.

Hertsccfc

Ice on it. Elbow strap, ibuprofen or if they fail go to the doctors and they can inject steroids. But that’s some way down the line if treatments.
Oh yes forgot and elbow strap helps. Was told by physio that the steroid injections should be avoided if at all possible.

PVA

I had golfers elbow briefly and got one of these Flex Bars. A week or so of doing exercises and it got rid of it and has never come back.

I will caveat by saying I had a fairly minor case of it.

clint van damme

I had to have a cortisone injection.

Had a couple of twinges since the injection but other than that it's been fine.

Kneeza

I've had tendinitis in my upper arm (both) on and off for many years. I just live with it as it tends to come and go.
Ibuprofen can help though (but gives me the shites if I'm on it for long so try to do without more than a couple of doses! Yeah. Too much information.)

ccfc1234

I go to the gym a lot and have on and off struggled with it as it's primarily a repetitive strain issue of the elbow muscles. What really cured it for me and keeps it away is acupuncture.

I went to see a very experienced one and he explained to me that often the muscles at the elbow are not actually the real issue and its muscles that connect to that area of the arm that have become inflexible and tight which puts additional pressure on the smaller elbow joint muscles which quickly become inflamed. The reason acupuncture works is when the small needles are inserted into the tight muscle it firstly increases blood flow to that area which kick starts the healing process and secondly the muscles that are chronically tight involuntarily relax.

I don't know how old you are and how much sport you play but after the accupunture I would advise a sports type massage from your traps (trapezius muscle) all the way to your fingers every couple of months or more to ensure you keep that whole area from getting too tight.

Users who are viewing this thread