Team Against Rochdale? (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

My Team considering Reda's 3 match ban and it stays 3-5-2 would be as follows:

Burge (not convinced of Alsopp at all)

Clarke
Willis
Webster
Hines
Pugh (Give Haynes a rest though would happily have him in)
Swanson (sick of Thomas - offers nothing in my eyes)
Fleck
O'Brien
Jackson
Noble (Play Tudgay if Noble is too tired as he looks it)

My tactics would be to get an early goal and then try and defend it. It wont be a classic but need to win and grind it out.

What is your team for Rochdale?

Godiva

My tactics would be to get an early goal and then try and defend it. It wont be a classic but need to win and grind it out.

Yep, that worked like a charm yesterday.

Ashdown

Who would have thought 15 years ago we would be speaking with some trepidation about going to mighty fecking Rochdale !!

ccfcmustang

At least someone finally agrees, get Thomas off. I dont think Swanson is a like for like replacement for him but id like to see more of him

Grendel

Who would have thought 15 years ago we would be speaking with some trepidation about going to mighty fecking Rochdale !!

Didn't they dump us out of the cup about 12 years ago?

Kingokings204

At least someone finally agrees, get Thomas off. I dont think Swanson is a like for like replacement for him but id like to see more of him

I see it as Swanson who looked decent against Bradford IMO. I'm not saying he is a world beater but offers a turn of pace a bit of aggression and there is a goal in there also.

P.S I agree the mighty rochdale and yeovil town. Who would of thought this would of been our bread and butter.

Godiva - I'm asking for teams and possible players who you would play. It's all opinion. Stop critiquing posts and contribute to the thread.

Thomas hasn't been great so I would give Swanson another go. He's a more attacking player and with 5 at the back, that's crucial in the midfield. O'Brien should be captain for Saturday. He looks like a leader on the pitch and has lead by example, so I would give him the nod over Webster any day. Hines coming in for Reda, no question that Alsop should start. I agree Haynes needs a rest and Pugh needs 1st team action so id give Pugh a go. Nouble and McQuoid up front, as I don't think Jackson is ready to play a full match yet and Tudgay needs to earn his place in the team. McQuoid and Nouble are the only 2 strikers who have looked impressive so far, so put them up top and I think that will give us the best chance of victory

Skyblueweeman

Clarke
Willis
Webster
Hines
Fleck
O'Brien
Jackson

Wouldn't really disagree with that team to be honest.

is Billy Daniels injured? I'm sure I saw on Instagram recently that he's been on holiday which suggest recent injury.

fernandopartridge

Leave Thomas in. He's key to put terrorial play. He pulls the rest of the team forward with his pressing. The only necessary change is Hines for Johnson.

Why would you change it other wise?

Godiva

Godiva - I'm asking for teams and possible players who you would play. It's all opinion. Stop critiquing posts and contribute to the thread.

It was a 'tounge-in-cheek' remark ... although I am pretty sure it would have worked if our captain had done what he is supposed to make sure the other players do.

Anyway, I agree with Pugh for Haynes.

wingy

Could Pugh be used in the combative midfielder role ,Or JC who has plenty of Aggression and a decent pass In him ,played every other position

Godiva

Could Pugh be used in the combative midfielder role ,Or JC who has plenty of Aggression and a decent pass In him ,played every other position

Maybe Clarke could replace Thomas in the middle, not so sure about Pugh. And Haynes need (deserve) a break.

Kingokings204

It was a 'tounge-in-cheek' remark ... although I am pretty sure it would have worked if our captain had done what he is supposed to make sure the other players do.

Anyway, I agree with Pugh for Haynes.

Ok I aplogise then. Yes I agree if we kept 11 men on the pitch then 1-0 would of been the game plan. Probably would of pulled it off as well. Funny how football changes within 10 minutes hey.

1-0 and cruising to 10 men and 2-1 down half hour later. Such a funny old game.

Pugh or Haynes I am happy with either I think with Jackson taken off early he is ready to start Saturday with either tudgay or noble.

I will be there at rochdale Saturday cheering them on.

ericagradus

Clarke
Willis
Webster
Hines
Fleck
O'Brien
Jackson

You may be 'sick of' Thomas. But leave Thomas out of the team and Fleck and O'Brien's game will have to alter. Thomas positioning is perfect for us to get the most out of O'Brien.

Kingokings204

You may be 'sick of' Thomas. But leave Thomas out of the team and Fleck and O'Brien's game will have to alter. Thomas positioning is perfect for us to get the most out of O'Brien.

Sorry just don't agree. Danny Swanson is a better footballer than CT so by that he makes our team stronger. Connor Thomas has no pace, scores no goals, cant tackle and cant head the ball. Soryy im just not a fan but I respect your opinion as both mine and yours are just opinions before we get slated :whistle:

stupot07

Leave Thomas in. He's key to put terrorial play. He pulls the rest of the team forward with his pressing. The only necessary change is Hines for Johnson.

Agreed. We lost after playing with 10 men for 66 minutes whilst having to play a different system to make up for the man advantage. Same team, Hines for Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Same team with Hines replacing Reda

We're playing well at the moment, no need to overreact from one result where circumstances went against us.

Grendel

Same team with Hines replacing Reda

We're playing well at the moment, no need to overreact from one result where circumstances went against us.

Pugh should replace Haynes. In truth neither of the wingbacks look suited to the system but for opposite reasons.

Pugh is an experienced player and if fit should be in the team.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pugh should replace Haynes. In truth neither of the wingbacks look suited to the system but for opposite reasons.

Pugh is an experienced player and if fit should be in the team.

Haynes is doing ok, no need to replace him at the moment unless its fatigue/tactical

Grendel

Haynes is doing ok, no need to replace him at the moment unless its fatigue/tactical

Its nonsensical to sign an experienced championship campaigner and sideline him as a youth player is doing ok.

The last time we did that we got relegated.

Hobo

Isn't 12 less than 15? :thinking about: :D

It's not Rochdale but this one is embedded in the memory from our top flight days!
30 Aug 1978 Chester v Coventry City L 2-1 League Cup

Hobo

Its nonsensical to sign an experienced championship campaigner and sideline him as a youth player is doing ok.

The last time we did that we got relegated.

You put in the performance you keep the shirt, everyone gets their chance over the season it is a simple as that.

Hobo

i would go with that Fernando!

wingy

It's not Rochdale but this one is embedded in the memory from our top flight days!
30 Aug 1978 Chester v Coventry City L 2-1 League Cup

Was there ,didn't Ian Rush score that night ,found a great pub just south of Nantwich on the way back ,cheap food available to us ,all very welcome .

Ashamed to say 2-3 coach loads more turned up and trashed the place .

Hobo

Was there ,didn't Ian Rush score that night ,found a great pub just south of Nantwich on the way back ,cheap food available to us ,all very welcome .

Ashamed to say 2-3 coach loads more turned up and trashed the place .

I was on one of the 2-3 coaches. Me and my mate just got served with a beer and a carry out, when the gaffer started kicking everyone out. Some idiots had trashed the toilets. The only justice was the idiots got no beer and told in no uncertain terms people weren't happy they had spoilt a good stop off.

i remember we didn't look like scoring that night any of the few chances we created were just squandered.

wingy

I was on one of the 2-3 coaches. Me and my mate just got served with a beer and a carry out, when the gaffer started kicking everyone out. Some idiots had trashed the toilets. The only justice was the idiots got no beer and told in no uncertain terms people weren't happy they had spoilt a good stop off.

i remember we didn't look like scoring that night any of the few chances we created were just squandered.

Chicken in the Basket for a quid ,unbelievable ,they should try It @ the RICOH

Users who are viewing this thread