Taxi for Biamou? (2 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

Any of our other strikers to begin with.
You maybe right but I haven't seen the evidence for that. If you look at Biamou's goals against Peterborough, Swindon or Yeovil, I can't think of any goals that Godden or Bakayoko scored that compare. (Walker I don't know about). The nearest I can think of is Bakayoko's equaliser against Doncaster at home last season. Godden doesn't really score that type of goal.

Sick Boy

You maybe right but I haven't seen the evidence for that. If you look at Biamou's goals against Peterborough, Swindon or Yeovil, I can't think of any goals that Godden or Bakayoko scored that compare. (Walker I don't know about). The nearest I can think of is Bakayoko's equaliser against Doncaster at home last season. Godden doesn't really score that type of goal.
Regardless of that, he hasn’t been a regular starter for us since League 2 and is way out of his depth and even if we’re relegated he will probably leave on a free in the summer.
That’s the reality of the situation, not the strange ‘what if’ and alternate scenarios that get posted on here to back up agendas.

StevieM

Its easy for some to say get rid of Biamou and Baka, tear up their contracts and boot them out?
Who would we get in to replace them when we have fuck all money to spend, oh yeah like there's loads of free agent 20 odd goal a season merchants knocking about ready to sign for peanuts?
If Max and Baka are what we have then support them, neither go out and hide when picked, they both put a shift in and are playing in the hardest league in the world to get promotion from.
If either of them cost us serious cash then yes, moan and complain but they cost us fuck all compared to some and have the same return as some players that cost shit loads.

ccfc1234

How many live games have you been to in the last few seasons? I have at many games when the players are warming up and watched the shooting drills. Max is a better finisher than most of our forwards.

Seprately, where he is limited is his pace and ability to change direction quickly. However the last few games has shown we need two up top as an option.
Until a Max style if forward is signed to replace him, he will need to be in and around the squad.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Utter nonsense.
Don’t particularly want to get dragged into a Max is shit thread, but he can ping a football quite nicely. Watch him in warm ups, he’s got a lovely technique. It isn’t that aspect of his game that holds him back IMO, it’s the rest! But he can, and has, improved the rest of his game and while he wears Sky Blue will always have my backing. And no, I haven’t got a selfie with him (my son has though :p).

Sick Boy

Don’t particularly want to get dragged into a Max is shit thread, but he can ping a football quite nicely. Watch him in warm ups, he’s got a lovely technique. It isn’t that aspect of his game that holds him back IMO, it’s the rest! But he can, and has, improved the rest of his game and while he wears Sky Blue will always have my backing. And no, I haven’t got a selfie with him (my son has though :p).
I’ve watched him enough over the years in warm ups - to claim he’s a better finisher than our other strikers is absurd. Personally I don’t want him to fail, I just want what’s best for the club and midweek was unacceptable, it was horrendous and a sign that he’s way out of his depth.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I’ve watched him enough over the years in warm ups - to claim he’s a better finisher than our other strikers is absurd. Personally I don’t want him to fail, I just want what’s best for the club and midweek was unacceptable, it was horrendous and a sign that he’s way out of his depth.
I would say he can pull off shots that our other strikers may not, I’m not claiming he’s a better player. As bad as that mistake was midweek, it doesn’t define his entire career. I freely admit we need better, but at the moment we don’t have much choice. Today’s line up will be interesting!

Kieranp96

You're the person who threw Vardey into the mix because of a slow start. You're hinting Max would be as good as him, it's a daft comparison. IMHO.
No I'm not hinting max could be as good as him, I'm. Simply saying you're writing a player off before he's really kicked a ball, fucking joke will leave yiu all to slag players off after 2 games, even though since he's been in the squad we've played our 2 best games of the season, fight amoungst yourself.

Sick Boy

No I'm not hinting max could be as good as him, I'm. Simply saying you're writing a player off before he's really kicked a ball, fucking joke will leave yiu all to slag players off after 2 games, even though since he's been in the squad we've played our 2 best games of the season, fight amoungst yourself.
How can losing to a potential relegation rival be described as one of our two best games of the season?
How was it better than beating QPR or even drawing with Swansea?

DannyThomas_1981

Sometimes I can’t believe what I read on here. Max made a single mistake, I could list at least 8 of the current team who have made mistakes in games that have similarly cost us or should have cost us. All players make mistakes. He’s played well in 3 matches at Championship level and has considerably improved the team over the last 2. Just have a day off from your negativity and derision please and do yourself some good.

Grendel

Sometimes I can’t believe what I read on here. Max made a single mistake, I could list at least 8 of the current team who have made mistakes in games that have similarly cost us or should have cost us. All players make mistakes. He’s played well in 3 matches at Championship level and has considerably improved the team over the last 2. Just have a day off from your negativity and derision please and do yourself some good.

He hasn’t played well - he was dire in the first half against Forest - did very little other than make a nuisance of himself against Reading - has missed 4 gilt edged chances and if the third game is Blackburn he never touched the ball did he?

The funny thing is one player has had a thread started on him saying his awful, one has been referred to as dog excrement, one is regularly laughed at for not being capable at this level and others mocked for lack of pace

To be knowledge you never comment on those but this guy gets some negative comments and you are frothing. He’s not a national treasure he’s a paid professional for gods sake

Grendel

You really don’t know anything about football do you? Absolutely clueless.

Matt Godden
Tyler Walker
Max Biamou

Which would fetch the lowest price in the transfer market?

SlowerThanPlatt

How many live games have you been to in the last few seasons? I have at many games when the players are warming up and watched the shooting drills. Max is a better finisher than most of our forwards.

Seprately, where he is limited is his pace and ability to change direction quickly. However the last few games has shown we need two up top as an option.
Until a Max style if forward is signed to replace him, he will need to be in and around the squad.

It’s Cody McDonald all over again - we are looking for goals on the pitch not in training drills

Irish Sky Blue

Regardless of that, he hasn’t been a regular starter for us since League 2 and is way out of his depth and even if we’re relegated he will probably leave on a free in the summer.
That’s the reality of the situation, not the strange ‘what if’ and alternate scenarios that get posted on here to back up agendas.
He hasn't been a regular starter since League Two. He missed the chance to do that when he damaged his cruciate ligaments in the third game of the first League One season. Interesting that he started in 2 of those 3 games and was in ahead of JCH. He had a whole year out which takes some coming back from. He made significant contributions to the team that won League One. (My view, others may disagree. I think the winner against Bolton, his goal against Peterborough and the second goal at Southend all helped in the promotion push. I felt he generally played well when in the team). So far he has played two full Championship games and has not looked out of place. My view again but supported by comments from others, including professionals. His mistake was awful but that doesn't detract from his generally positive performance.
He probably will leave in the summer. If he plays for us in the meantime, I will be hoping that he does well and helps us to safety. I think the prejudice of some would mean they are hoping to see him fail.

Kieranp96

How can losing to a potential relegation rival be described as one of our two best games of the season?
How was it better than beating QPR or even drawing with Swansea?
On performance, and you do realise that team they had out against us has players in there that are worth 10/15m easy and numerous of them, result was a freak, just like Wimbledon last year.

Brighton Sky Blue

On performance, and you do realise that team they had out against us has players in there that are worth 10/15m easy and numerous of them, result was a freak, just like Wimbledon last year.

In the first half we were turgid, so were they but we gave away a shit goal. Second half they carried on as they were but we picked things up, scored a nice goal and missed God knows how many sitters before it started petering out again and it looked like both teams had accepted a draw. Then Biamou shits the bed.

Sorry but a lot more around here need to smell the coffee and fast

theferret

He hasn't been a regular starter since League Two. He missed the chance to do that when he damaged his cruciate ligaments in the third game of the first League One season. Interesting that he started in 2 of those 3 games and was in ahead of JCH. He had a whole year out which takes some coming back from. He made significant contributions to the team that won League One. (My view, others may disagree. I think the winner against Bolton, his goal against Peterborough and the second goal at Southend all helped in the promotion push. I felt he generally played well when in the team). So far he has played two full Championship games and has not looked out of place. My view again but supported by comments from others, including professionals. His mistake was awful but that doesn't detract from his generally positive performance.
He probably will leave in the summer. If he plays for us in the meantime, I will be hoping that he does well and helps us to safety. I think the prejudice of some would mean they are hoping to see him fail.

Nailed it. Some of the guff on this thread is painful to read. I've not seen people try this hard to discredit one of our own players for some time. Desperate stuff.

steve101

Whenever Cov score I climb up the sofa and scare my dogs ( not intentionally!). If Biamou plays and scores today I may end up through the ceiling! Come on Max!!

RegTheDonk

We've played our best 2 games because we've tinkered with the formation and are coping better and adapting. I love Max. Think he's a trier, gives as good as he can. Did a job for us in the lower leagues and if MR picks him, I hope he scores and we win. But the efforts he's missed this year would most probably been buired by Vardy and to put them in the same sentence, you've lost it mate.

Kieranp96

In the first half we were turgid, so were they but we gave away a shit goal. Second half they carried on as they were but we picked things up, scored a nice goal and missed God knows how many sitters before it started petering out again and it looked like both teams had accepted a draw. Then Biamou shits the bed.

Sorry but a lot more around here need to smell the coffee and fast
Hasn't once said he wasn't at fault for the goals because he was, but one mistake. Followed by another by mcfadz

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Be fair to him he does have very good technique striking a ball. It's his ability to get to use it that's often left floundering and if it requires a different type of finish like a dink.

Brighton Sky Blue

Be fair to him he does have very good technique striking a ball. It's his ability to get to use it that's often left floundering and if it requires a different type of finish like a dink.

That being the case he should be encouraged to try more shots from distance

Users who are viewing this thread