Taskmaster (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watching the latest series , really good cast this series . Think John Robins might win , I’ve a bit of a crush on Sophie Willan

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I put it on. Turned off within about 5 minutes.

They are running out of comedians.

PVA

I used to love it, it was genuinely hilarious. I still watch it, but it's getting a bit tired now, I think it's just been done to death. Some of the tasks are just rubbish.

Otis

I am quite enjoying it so far.

Let's see how it pans out. Sometimes they all just make for a great team of competitors.

bezzer

Way past it's best now. Used to be a must watch show, but I gave up halfway through season 16.

Otis

Way past it's best now. Used to be a must watch show, but I gave up halfway through season 16.
Yeah, it's not as good as it was. It used to be must see TV.

I have stuck with it, because there are still some laugh out loud moments, but it's definitely lost a bit of an edge from what it used to be.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The second series was a particular favourite

Liquid Gold

I can't stand it anymore and I used to absolutely love it.

They have just flogged it to death. It seems like a new season is out every week and comedians of worse quality.

It's obviously cheap as fuck to make so they just churn them out.

Otis

I can't stand it anymore and I used to absolutely love it.

They have just flogged it to death. It seems like a new season is out every week and comedians of worse quality.

It's obviously cheap as fuck to make so they just churn them out.
I'm not sure the comedians are of a lesser quality. Been some top comedians in later series (Frankie Boyle, series 15, Sarah Millican, series 14, Alun Davies, series 12, Lee Mack, series 11, Johnny Vegas, series 10)

They are much later on in the process.

I agree, it's not half as good as it used to be, but there are still funny moments to be found, I reckon.

Enough to keep me watching anyway.

Liquid Gold

I'm not sure the comedians are of a lesser quality. Been some top comedians in later series (Frankie Boyle, series 15, Sarah Millican, series 14, Alun Davies, series 12, Lee Mack, series 11, Johnny Vegas, series 10)

They are much later on in the process.

I agree, it's not half as good as it used to be, but there are still funny moments to be found, I reckon.

Enough to keep me watching anyway.
Yeah maybe it's not the quality of individual comedians that annoys me but the quality of the collective.

The first few they were all established and seemed to be friends whereas now you tend to get 1 really famous and a few up and coming and from what I've seen with my wife watching they don't have as much of a connection together.

They all come in with an idea of how to play it too. When Tim Key tried to bend the rules in season 1 it was great tv but now you get them come in and try and twist the game as a matter of course so it's boring.

I think I'd be more receptive if there was less of it. Every year or two and I'd be excited for it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Erm just saying Sophie slut dropping got me hot under the collar

Alkhen

Definitely a bit of a drop off but I still like it and it's something we can watch with the kids now they are older. They love it.

Whilst we are on the subject, I enjoyed Morgan Robinsons Taskmaster appearances...

Last edited:

Otis

Have to say I am finding the new series a bit disappointing.

Was expecting Nick Mohammed to be funnier and Steve Pemberton, who I really like, has come across as clever and just slightly humourous, rather than laugh out loud funny.

It's okay and I will still watch, but I am finding I am not laughing much at all at the moment and it's interesting to note that I am now the only one in my family still watching it. My missus, her two daughters and my daughter, all used to watch it religiously, but have now all given up.

I think it's about the format getting tired, as much as the quality of the contestants. It's lost that freshness.

But I will stick with it, for the odd magic moment, should it appear.

ajsccfc

The best series for me was Bob Mortimer, Aisling Bea, Sally Phillips, Mark Watson and Nish Kumar. I don't tend to like the last two as well but they were great as an inept duo.

JAM See

Have to say I am finding the new series a bit disappointing.

Was expecting Nick Mohammed to be funnier and Steve Pemberton, who I really like, has come across as clever and just slightly humourous, rather than laugh out loud funny.

It's okay and I will still watch, but I am finding I am not laughing much at all at the moment and it's interesting to note that I am now the only one in my family still watching it. My missus, her two daughters and my daughter, all used to watch it religiously, but have now all given up.

I think it's about the format getting tired, as much as the quality of the contestants. It's lost that freshness.

But I will stick with it, for the odd magic moment, should it appear.
Never watched it, but I am a big fan of John Robins.

How's he doing?

OffenhamSkyBlue

The best series for me was Bob Mortimer, Aisling Bea, Sally Phillips, Mark Watson and Nish Kumar. I don't tend to like the last two as well but they were great as an inept duo.
I think you are probably right. I wasn't really a fan of Reeves & Mortimer together, but on his own Bob Mortimer is clever and funny as fuck! The tasks which they gave to Mark Watson alone were absolutely hilarious. Sally Phillips was just plain bonkers but in a funny way (unlike Sophie Willan) and i could happily drink Aisling Bea's bathwater all day long! Nish Kumar grew on me too.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think John could win
I think he could - i suspect he has been an avid follower of the format for some time and knows how far he can bend the rules of the tasks. I quite like him on Taskmaster, but his partnership with Elis James on 5Live is not my thing at all, and they come across as talentless, entitled muppets

Users who are viewing this thread