Tamworth Vs Nuneaton (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Anyone heard about this? Was abandoned yesterday due to crowd trouble.

Heard conflicting reports. Some say missiles were thrown and more day Tamworth fans were fighting each other. Saw a clip on twitter where someone is kicking a man on the ground in his head.

Frostie

Yeah... Been to both clubs many times & never had any issues but both have a bit of a reputation. Almost went last night but thankfully didn't.

From what I understand Nuneaton fans were throwing flares pretty much from the off & once they went 2-0 down threw them into the Tamworth fans which got a response to say the least. Tamworth fans also started fighting amongst themselves including the video @ccfctommy refers to & also badly beating up a steward.
Also reports of racist abuse of Nuneaton players from Tamworth fans which sadly wouldn't be the first time that accusation has been levelled at them either.

The game coincided with the Atherstone Ball Game which I must confess I'd never heard of before but seems to be a Shrove Tuesday tradition which has basically become a legalised punch up. I'd be willing to bet many went straight from that to the match last night & that, generally speaking a good % of those involved in the violence aren't regular fans of either club.

Either way, not to to have any police presence at a game like this given the rivalry & the importance of the fixture (1st v 4th) is unacceptable really.

Frostie

@ccfctommy
Looks like the tweet you linked has been deleted but here's the video again.
Sounds like he's been identified but whoever this is should be doing some serious jail time.

alexccfc99

When I’m not at uni, Tamworth is where I’d traditionally call home (My dad is Cov based but always lived there, with my mum)

Anyhow I usually try and get down The Lamb once or twice a season to do my bit for my local non-league side (as I think everyone should) and I’m no stranger to a Lambs v Boro game and I can hand on heart say it’s one of the most ferocious games I’ve been too at any level - there’s a real hatred there and people laugh at me when I tell them that

Unfortunately Tamworth seem to be gaining a reputation in Non-League circles for causing trouble most weeks, it’s a shame as on the other side of the coin there’s some bloody good people involved at the club behind the scenes

Frostie

He got done the other day, can't remember the fine but he got some community service (or whatever its called now) as well.
£100 fine & some community service. Only banned from football for 4 years too (why is it not life?). Given he admitted assaulting Ramsdale & also throwing numerous coins it's a remarkably soft sentence.

Brighton Sky Blue

£100 fine & some community service. Only banned from football for 4 years too (why is it not life?). Given he admitted assaulting Ramsdale & also throwing numerous coins it's a remarkably soft sentence.

Maybe watching Spurs is the bigger punishment

Reactions: vow

olderskyblue

It's always been a bit like that! Owner should have opened the back of the shop and let them all take that bunch by surprise...
They were too busy taking bets on the outcome....

napolimp

Atherstone ball game looks like it's been deluged with twats as well

How is this allowed? If this didn't take place under the guise of a "sporting event" then people would be dispersed and arrested.

I'm starting my own event called stabfest. You go around stabbing people in the street, it's fine as it's a genuine event.

Nick

Administrator
At least now Bobby Bridge has left the Telegraph there's not 25 articles about it a day.

Robinshio

How is this allowed? If this didn't take place under the guise of a "sporting event" then people would be dispersed and arrested.

I'm starting my own event called stabfest. You go around stabbing people in the street, it's fine as it's a genuine event.
the 2 rules apparently are
1. the ball must remain in the same street
2. You are not allowed to kill anybody

The Nomad

Already a thing. It's called the Notting Hill Carnival.

Users who are viewing this thread