Take the knee (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

They're so fucking dim they don't realise doing that shows that taking the knee is needed.

I do kind of get the 'I just want to watch the fucking game' sentiment but then again it's just a few seconds. That said there was a Derby player doing a Black Power salute which I find difficult to defend

Liquid Gold

I do kind of get the 'I just want to watch the fucking game' sentiment but then again it's just a few seconds. That said there was a Derby player doing a Black Power salute which I find difficult to defend
They don't mind when we have our remembrance games, they don't mind when we have applause for someone dying. They care about this because they're racist.

Brighton Sky Blue

They don't mind when we have our remembrance games, they don't mind when we have applause for someone dying. They care about this because they're racist.

First step is a points deduction, if that doesn't deter them go back to forcing them to go BCD

SBT

That said there was a Derby player doing a Black Power salute which I find difficult to defend

Maybe you should ask him for an apology. Very rude of him to offend you while he tried to ask for equality for five seconds, I’m sure he can make it more palatable for you in the future.

clint van damme

I actually thought take the knee had run its course myself while still supporting the sentiment

I was in the company of a quite well known black blues supporter recently who told me it was time to stop it.

But this will only prolong it now the fucking idiots and so it should otherwise it's giving into racism.

We're not racists but....
We're not hooligans but.....
Edit - following on from LGs post ' we're not homophobes but!'

Liquid Gold

Millwall manager - "The players have spoken about it and said they don’t support it as a political message. They support anti-discrimination and that’s why they’ve done it."

Otis

The Millwall players released this statement yesterday.

Seems an awful lot of fans just ignored it .

As a squad we are fully supportive of the entire football family’s efforts in ridding the sport, and society generally, of all forms of discrimination.

“It is our duty as players to reinforce the positive messaging and action of clubs, Community Trusts, charities and governing bodies, and we do so with great pride and knowledge that so much good work is being done up and down the country.

“The gesture of ‘taking the knee’ before matches provides an opportunity for us to do exactly that and continues to allow all those playing to publicly showcase their support – on behalf of the whole squad – for the fight against discrimination.

“We wish to make clear that taking the knee, for us, is in no way representative of any agreement with political messaging or ideology. It is purely about tackling discrimination, as has been the case throughout.

“We will continue to do this until the start of the New Year when a new and comprehensive anti-discrimination strategy will be announced by the club.”

David O'Day

What about the racist from Cov that tried to set light to the union flag? No mention of it on this forum.
I suppose you agree with the scum?
What the fuck are you talking about?

What does that if even true have to do the fact Millwall have a history of being racist?

Skybluefaz

Millwall manager - "The players have spoken about it and said they don’t support it as a political message. They support anti-discrimination and that’s why they’ve done it."

Is anybody really thinking that it's about Marxism? I still don't get the notion that being anti fascist makes you the bad. Maybe now it's been made clear it's about anti racism they will all respect it. I'm sure that will happen.

shmmeee

The Millwall players released this statement yesterday.

Seems an awful lot of fans just ignored it .

As a squad we are fully supportive of the entire football family’s efforts in ridding the sport, and society generally, of all forms of discrimination.

“It is our duty as players to reinforce the positive messaging and action of clubs, Community Trusts, charities and governing bodies, and we do so with great pride and knowledge that so much good work is being done up and down the country.

“The gesture of ‘taking the knee’ before matches provides an opportunity for us to do exactly that and continues to allow all those playing to publicly showcase their support – on behalf of the whole squad – for the fight against discrimination.

“We wish to make clear that taking the knee, for us, is in no way representative of any agreement with political messaging or ideology. It is purely about tackling discrimination, as has been the case throughout.

“We will continue to do this until the start of the New Year when a new and comprehensive anti-discrimination strategy will be announced by the club.”

People need to realise Twitter isn’t real life.

It’sabatch87

Why is someone with a two tone avatar trying to deflect attention from.a racist incident?
I’m never condoning racism far from it just seems the lefties in here only see racism from the other side.
I don’t see colour in people just treat people how I like to be treated,I have loads of black and asian mates.
Just think if people want to boo it let them don’t get bothered about it,Rise above it!!

David O'Day

Is anybody really thinking that it's about Marxism? I still don't get the notion that being anti fascist makes you the bad. Maybe now it's been made clear it's about anti racism they will all respect it. I'm sure that will happen.

The only people who think being anti racist is bad are racists and let them fucking squirm as society outs them as cunts.

David O'Day

I’m never condoning racism far from it just seems the lefties in here only see racism from the other side.
I don’t see colour in people just treat people how I like to be treated,I have loads of black and asian mates.
Just think if people want to boo it let them don’t get bothered about it,Rise above it!!

Loads of black and asian friends. The 80s wants it's bullshit defense of racism back.

SBT

Me too but it’s absolutely political

So you really think that when black players take the knee they’re thinking “One step closer to the proletariat seizing the means of production, my brothers” rather than “It would be cool if security guards stopped following me around the supermarket for wearing a hoodie” etc? That’s the debate they’re trying to have?

clint van damme

You've just made an.ill advised attempt to deflect from the clearly racist behaviour of a notoriously racist group of supporters

If you think this union Jack incident needs discussing start a thread on it but it seems like a poor attempt at whatabouttery to me.
The fact you've got a two tone avatars makes it all the more baffling

Liquid Gold

"rise above it"

fuck off with that shit. How much do black people have to endure before they're allowed to do something as simple as kneel down for 10 seconds without being abused.

Frostie

I assume you'd be outraged too if one of our players did it?

Users who are viewing this thread