Swansea goal (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It looked to me in block 28 like the guy initiated the contact with Sheaf and went over and the ref bought it! He’d been lenient all game and was conned for the only one that mattered.
I thought Collins was one step too close to the centre of goal, so not really at fault, but I still thought he’d got to it.
The only person to blame is the crappy ref who let them get get away with fouling and tripping all game

Looks a foul to me. Sheaf gets the wrong side and dangles out a leg. Realises he's not going to get the ball and stops the tackle, but the leg is still there... Striker makes the most of it, but we'd be furious if that wasn't given for us involving O'Hare for example.

Just a tired, slightly panicking Sheaf challenge.

1703932186027.png 1703932083155.png

Collins's step to his right was the reason it went in. His position started on the S of Sky as I assume he thought their no 10 would take it (as did I). He did strike it very well mind you.

1703932687763.png

slowpoke

Looks a foul to me. Sheaf gets the wrong side and dangles out a leg. Realises he's not going to get the ball and stops the tackle, but the leg is still there... Striker makes the most of it, but we'd be furious if that wasn't given for us involving O'Hare for example.

View attachment 33034View attachment 33033

Collins's step to his right was the reason it went in. His position started on the S of Sky as I assume he thought their no 10 would take it (as did I). He did strike it very well mind you.

View attachment 33035
Looking at that picture it looks obvious by where the Swansea lads are where the shot would be heading not the best wall to be honest.
And what was that gap between Sheaf & COH all about ?

Frostie

View attachment 33035
As clearly shown by your images though, Lowe is already well on his way down before the point there could ever be any contact & Sheaf has pulled out of the challenge. Not blaming the ref, from his position directly behind it almost, it will probably have looked like a foul. It's cheating but in today's day & age will be considered "clever" by Lowe.

Totally agree on Collins. Big error.

EalingSB

I was in block 28 and a Swansea player - Darling possibly - stood between Collins and the wall and tracked Collins’ movement to make sure he never had a clear view. It looked a foul to me and whatever it was unnecessary from Sheaf as Binks was about to close down the Swansea player. The free-kick went straight through the space Joe Allen vacated. Basics.

chiefdave

Doesn't that first picture show him going over before there's any sign of contact?

Sky Blue Heaven

Just watched these highlights from a Swansea perspective. What’s apparent to me is that JDS had a shocker, I thought it during the game, he was caught out numerous times last night, with the majority of Swansea’s chances coming down his side. Also the free kick awarded at the end looked a dive, Lowe was already going to ground; although Sheaf shouldn’t have given the referee a decision to make:

Last edited:

Gman1987

The guy’s almost on the floor before Sheaf even makes an attempt to tackle.

One step too close to centre as starting position. Then takes the crucial step to his right, behind the wall. That’s absolutely on him.
They did same as they’ve done the last three times when they’ve come here. Play % football, go down at the slightest touch. That’s how they score, set pieces and errors. This ever learning team will get smarter as they develop together but for now Sheaf has to learn

pusbccfc

View attachment 33035

He's already began the dive before Sheaf puts his foot there.

shmmeee

They did same as they’ve done the last three times when they’ve come here. Play % football, go down at the slightest touch. That’s how they score, set pieces and errors. This ever learning team will get smarter as they develop together but for now Sheaf has to learn

What would you like him to learn? There wasn’t a touch. The guy just dived.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
He's already began the dive before Sheaf puts his foot there.
He hasn't. The full match replay is available on iFollow and I've watched it about 20 times at different speeds. He clearly makes contact with Sheaf's foot as Sheaf rolls his ankle a bit and it brings up turf. Either way, Sheaf shouldn't have given the ref a decision to make.

1703943714625.png 1703943560340.png

mrtrench

Is there any reason why we cannot put players on the line for free kicks? So one tall player against each post? It's done for corners, why not free kicks?

Adge

Must be the only one that thought it was a great free kick. Great strike to get it into that corner.

Sky Blue Pete

Must be the only one that thought it was a great free kick. Great strike to get it into that corner.
Agreed
Think it was saveable but the disguise was clever and meant Collins took a half step to his right and then was too far away from his corner

Could have put 6 in the wall or stood further over but was a good free kick

Brighton Sky Blue

Still really pissing me off that we bring everyone back for corners. More than once we won the ball from one and Collins had to stand and wait because there was no option, by which point the opposition are all back in place. Similarly when we cleared it the ball went straight back to them instead of setting up potential counters.

Wright and Saka in particular would be much more useful staying forward.

shmmeee

Still really pissing me off that we bring everyone back for corners. More than once we won the ball from one and Collins had to stand and wait because there was no option, by which point the opposition are all back in place. Similarly when we cleared it the ball went straight back to them instead of setting up potential counters.

Wrights out tallest player so I get that, but you can’t tell me O’Hare or Saka are adding much.

fernandopartridge

Also seen it again this morning, O’Hare and Sheaf aren’t in the wall. Talk of the wall is a bit of misdirection, the guy has hit it the other side. It’s definitely on Collins.
Yes, his wall is in the wrong place or he is

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

He's he's starting position, and how far he comes across right, a good 2 foot, and his weight leaning in his right side away from the corner he needs to dive into. He's obviously worried about them getting it up and over the wall, but if they do you've just got to say it's a great finish.

5ca6688fd1dea9ea29ea3d86b6267eaf.jpg
80a63e07d2c1889d8b52f120c3ff1992.jpg

Johhny Blue

Would have expected 4 points from Swansea and Boro so win on Monday and all is forgiven. More annoyed at the first goal tbh. Comical defending. Just knew Swansea would equalise once we sat back and stopped pressing. Still confident we will reach the play offs.
It was Walsh assisted by DaSilva, Sheaf and Allen

Johhny Blue

It looked to me in block 28 like the guy initiated the contact with Sheaf and went over and the ref bought it! He’d been lenient all game and was conned for the only one that mattered.
I thought Collins was one step too close to the centre of goal, so not really at fault, but I still thought he’d got to it.
The only person to blame is the crappy ref who let them get get away with fouling and tripping all game
Refs are letting a lot go this season which we’ve all been asking for for a long time. It can be frustrating when not in our favour but overall I prefer this ( if consistent)

Johhny Blue

That has pissed me off all season. If we leave even one player forward it means they will need two defenders to stay back. Almost every opponents corner is cleared to our mid half to their players and comes right back in

Johhny Blue

That's Palmer playing the ball first time, Wright is nearer the dark green stripe than the defender. The pic gives a decent indication.

I played my own version of “spot the ball” but couldn’t find it

Users who are viewing this thread