Supporters forum 17th January (2 Viewers)

SHUNT31

According to the T&Cs a season ticket is for the holders own individual use and is not to be sold or lent.
Lent for value if my memory serves me correct? This is why I want to know.

fernandopartridge

Against Oxford I posted at 11:54 that the concourse was really quiet. At 12:20 Nick posted that there was turnstile mayhem - 10 minutes before kick off. I do wonder whether the outside bars and eateries are delaying people going to enter the stadium, causing or majorly contributing to the supposed problems. Whatever, don’t leave it till the last minute to go into the stadium.

They were mostly closed for the Oxford game so I don't think it's that.

shmmeee

If they were that bothered they could just print photos on. The fact they don’t suggests they aren’t that bothered if it’s not adults on cheap tickets.

MalcSB

Closing 30 min before is stupid, should be 1 hour, then if people want another they are encouraged inside.

I have wondered about something like half price pints inside if ordered 1 hour before KO or something. Or similar incentives.
They occasionally have an offer of reduced prices up to 30 minutes after turnstiles open, but it is inconsistent. I am generally in the stadium early enough to benefit when it is on offer 😀

MalcSB

i think it means cant sell it on - but certainly not meant to stop you passing it on
Selling it is explicitly prohibited, as is lending for value. I think the wording is intended to ”stop you passing it on”.

I can understand why football clubs would want to stop lending of season tickets.

Cov_92

With the turnstile situation, in addition to reviewing security check, aren't the club better off just saying use any turnstile for your ticket?

You can access any area of the home end once you're in the concourse so shouldn't matter which turnstile is used

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
That is in place now, you don't need to enter a specific turnstile, hence the messages to move to less dense turnstiles.

Cov_92

The turnstile queues by block 16 are really starting to annoy me. We know how many season tickets are sold and how many have been purchased on a one off basis so why is it so badly organized. You have people patiently queuing because that’s what you have to do only for people to come and blatantly push in. You have away fans having to push themselves through gaps in the queue to get to their entrance. What plans are there to make this safer and fairer?
Being reviewed, with dedicated queue lanes

Cov_92

Agree with this, turnstile queuing is such a mess. Really unclear where they start and finish!

Ultimately they need more turnstiles.

However, one option might be to move the bars into the corner of the car park near the memorial garden, you’d probably lose a few parking spots but would free up some space.

Or happy hour deals on beer to get people in earlier :)
Being reviewed, plans for longer dedicated queue lanes

Cov_92

in terms of access, getting over from Longford - there is a cut through but often not accessible due to flooding - This maybe something that Frasers / Council/ CCFC need to look at together, but a tarmac path through would save a lot of time for many
Where is this?

Cov_92

Any chance they could remove the 2 curbs as you're heading down towards the underpass near the match day ticket office, it's a trip hazard, especially with the poor lighting outside and the amount of people around after games.
Where exactly is this?

WestEndAgro

Closing 30 min before is stupid, should be 1 hour, then if people want another they are encouraged inside.

I have wondered about something like half price pints inside if ordered 1 hour before KO or something. Or similar incentives.
Bogof

Marty

Where exactly is this?

So it's the highlighted area, the grass was removed and replaced sometime within the last 2 seasons, but really the curbs needs to be removed and it needs to be flat to the existing road levels, with maybe bollards, also I think it would improve the accessibility for wheelchair users, because at the end of the game, they're battling to cross the road at the zebra crossing against a constant stream of people.

Generally, I think that whole corner of the site is poorly designed and ideally would look at removing the stairs and extending the useable space to get people away safer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110-204915__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110-204915__01.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 41

Cov_92

Long term they need to demolish these turnstiles and rebuild them more like the ones at Ashton Gate.
Given the number of people complaining about how long it takes to enter the stadium, it would be interesting to see the admission stats by time for each turnstile. I would have expected them to be able to pull those stats off the system.

If 5,000 people turn up 20 minutes before kick off, evenly distributed across 45 turnstiles, you need to get someone through each gate in less than 10 seconds. People turning up that late are relying on everybody else having done the decent thing and turned up early for them.

So it's the highlighted area, the grass was removed and replaced sometime within the last 2 seasons, but really the curbs needs to be removed and it needs to be flat to the existing road levels, with maybe bollards, also I think it would improve the accessibility for wheelchair users, because at the end of the game, they're battling to cross the road at the zebra crossing against a constant stream of people.

Generally, I think that whole corner of the site is poorly designed and ideally would look at removing the stairs and extending the useable space to get people away safer.
Awesome, thanks very much for the picture.

NorthernWisdom

Sorry that’s absolutely right and so if security ask for proof of id you’d been screwed
I was meaning how would anyone know rather than it is in line with t and c’s??
tbf a mate borrowed a season ticket for one of our games at Portman Road. Got pissed beforehand, sat in the wrong seat, refused to moved... ended up being rescued by stewards before he had his head kicked in.

That's how they know if you're not the name on the ticket...

pusbccfc

I think he means there being offers like BOGOF etc to get people into the ground earlier to avoid the issues with queues?

Tbf the prices inside the stadium are identical to those outside.

For me the queues are down to the stewards taking so long. It's not even like they are doing a good job, they are just lethargic.

We are two turnstiles down due to block 13/14 turnstiles under the ramp not being used. That doesn't help.

Sky Blue Harry H

Tbf the prices inside the stadium are identical to those outside.

For me the queues are down to the stewards taking so long. It's not even like they are doing a good job, they are just lethargic.

We are two turnstiles down due to block 13/14 turnstiles under the ramp not being used. That doesn't help.

I said to my brother, that with 4,500 Leicester making their way to the ground, quite a few are likely to find themselves trying to navigate their way through the queues that will inevitably happen down the side of the main body of City fans. Recipe for chaos - only godsend is that the large majority won't be tanked/coked up (although not fun for those who come into contact with those who are).

chiefdave

For the cup game they had, at least at the entrance I use, stewards going down the line doing the searches which sped things up. Although the searches seem a complete waste of time, assume they are just to act as a deterrent and not expected to actually find anything. One chap in front of me had all sorts of food and drink in his hand when he was searched and got waved through, then there was a couple of few rows in front of me who had seemingly got a whole picnic in :ROFLMAO:

The other thing that slows entry down is the printed tickets, people are clueless with them. Needs better instructions printed on the ticket. Plus it seems if you fold the ticket on the lines on the print out the ticket won't fit in the barcode reader

Queue management definitely needs sorting. I go in 32 - 41 and the queues all end up merging into each other and people don't know where the end of the queue is so just push in anywhere and there ends up being arguments. 44 & 45 are the worst as when the queue doubles back it joins up with the end of 42 & 43 and just ends up a free for all

Cov_92

going back from the ground - over the railway bridge, and instead of turning left for the canal - straight across over the waste ground - it is great in the summer or hard ground, but a bit of rain and it is impassable
Brilliant thanks for the location, I haven't been that way,I will check it out

Users who are viewing this thread