Match Thread Sunderland v luton game (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

I’d rather play Luton. Sunderland have got a lot of positive momentum, would bring a ton of fans and there would be extra needle in the game with our history too.

Luton’s place the pitch is a lot narrower than at the Stadium of Shite. Will be an interesting 2nd leg.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sunderland will have half their team hacked to bits for the final - that's another reason to want to play them.

Evo1883

Sunderland actually had a slightly stronger team out against us late February

TomRad85

Still fancy them at kenilworth Road, although both sides are decent so we'd have to play well , I don't fear either and think we have the hardest tie
Completely agree, Boro were the ones I wanted to avoid. But here we are...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Just expressing a preference
Fair enough , but like I said , sunderland are in no better form than city , we've recently beat them about 6 weeks ago and they had batth at the back then too ..

To win these playoffs we'd have to beat them or Luton, both tough matches

Nobbie_67

Fair enough , but like I said , sunderland are in no better form than city , we've recently beat them about 6 weeks ago and they had batth at the back then too ..

To win these playoffs we'd have to beat them or Luton, both tough matches
If we get to Wembley I fancy us against either.

Evo1883

The thought of getting to the final to go and lose to Sunderland is absolutely unbearable. Not sure why anyone is rooting for them!
We've beaten sunderland but not Luton, Luton are a bit of a bogey team for us , sunderland hate playing us

Nobbie_67

Don't wanna play Sunderland. Got some very skillfull players and on day could hurt us

Not that Luton can't mind you

Regardless we ain't gonna beat Boro I don't think
It's all about opinions, but from where we were to where we are the form is with us, a bit like Forest last season. I think we'll beat Boro and our form at Wembley is excellent

Garlana86

Luton looked meh...apart from every set piece. Sunderland definitely by far the better footballing team, which I guess we knew may have been the case already but let's see how they fair away, they've been notably better away this season as well.

robbiethemole

Is it just me, but Luton look slow and ponderous and lacking any control when the ball goes into their front men. I fucking hate Sunderland but they look sharp and pass it around very quickly and deserve the lead. Of the two, I think I’d rather face Sunderland as Gus and Vik would have more chance against their makeshift defence.

Garlana86

Don't wanna play Sunderland. Got some very skillfull players and on day could hurt us

Not that Luton can't mind you

Regardless we ain't gonna beat Boro I don't think
Nobody wants to face gyokeres on his day either, he's unplayable when he's on it. I just worry with us quite often that we mostly just have the two major threats and the rest are just trying to get the ball to them.

Garlana86

Luton have a couple of cart horses up front, that big striker couldn’t trap a bag of cement, if we beat Middlesbrough and play Luton on that big Wembley pitch I would fancy us to beat them.
Styles make ..football matches,😁...i think Luton would have a better time against us unfortunately, we've struggled with big units up front in the past and long balls/throw-ins into the box.

slowpoke

Going to be a tough & physical game second leg. Lot of yellows does a second yellow in the second leg mean a suspension in the final ?

Users who are viewing this thread