Match Thread Sunderland - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Dec (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

I'll thank them for their gift which was their abysmal finishing.

There was parallels to the Boro game at home, this was less even. We were very poor for spells but that O'Hare majick about the box saved us. Sign that boy up ASAP. He has literally been the difference I swear.

Merry Christmas Sky Blues.

Commiserations to the lurking mackems. Enjoy your blue drink and dippers this Christmas, ta for the 4 points.

On the balance of things, Sunderland had chances to score and they’ll be disappointed they were wasteful. We missed a big chance at 0-0 ourselves and that’s just football. Overall, we created the better chances and it was a pretty comfortable game for us.

We weren’t ‘poor’ at all. We’re a counter attacking team and we had periods where we had to soak up pressure and struggled with our ‘out balls’. Some guy behind me said he’d struggle to mark the team 6/10 at 3-0, that’s just ridiculous.

Both teams try to play expansive football and Sunderland were the favourites coming into this match for a reason. They’re a good team with good players who cause you problems.

I agree that 3-0 was a generous score line, but we were deserved winners.

pusbccfc

Add to the long, long list 😍

clint van damme

I don't care how much possesion or chances they had.
They didn't score and that's that. We've seen it under Robins in previous seasons when we've had 90 percent possesion and 50 shots on target and lost, it means fuck all.
All that matters is sticking it in the back of the net, Sunderland were embarrassingly short in that area.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don't care how much possesion or chances they had.
They didn't score and that's that. We've seen it under Robins in previous seasons when we've had 90 percent possesion and 50 shots on target and lost, it means fuck all.
All that matters is sticking it in the back of the net, Sunderland were embarrassingly short in that area.
I feel like that we were that team for the first 1/4 of the season.

We seem to have reverted to the style we played last season and once again we’re succeeding. Notice the clean sheets starting to rack up

Happy_Martian

I didn’t hear any songs about Bradley Lowry.
Doubt there were any. In the linked video above by TheMadMistake, he was sat directly below the Cov fans and would have said if we'd been verbally abusive in that manner. This is something else we can put down to projection from a small section of the Sunderland support.

Would also add that the Sunderland forum has no negative reports about Coventry fans to date. That may change as alcohol is imbibed but we seem to be clean for now.

Matt smith

Kitching is going to be a great player for this club

he was sloppy at times today, but he suits the way we recruit defensively perfectly in terms of those passes through the lines

Users who are viewing this thread