Match Thread Sunderland - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Dec (3 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

What's our lowest Saturday following this season? I don't think we've gone below 2000 besides the 1970 we took to Swansea that was sold out.

I know there's a lots of reasons but a 1000 is very, very low compared to usual. Managed 3000 to Leeds at £50 but then are struggling to shift any for Sunderland.

It's look likely that this will be a lower following than Cardiff on a Tuesday night
Everybody just needs to be three times as loud

long way home

Keep Clarke as far away from the area as much possible, we need to take turns at stopping him.
Wonder if Robins will keep the same set up but change personal with Wright, Palmer O hare, or Allen coming in for Desilva.

I think Lats stays in.

pusbccfc

Happy_Martian

Hopefully we have enough fans to take up the remaining tickets. Wouldn't like to see them put on general sale. We really don't need an excess of talc sniffers getting their mitts on them and causing the club more trouble.

But if Robins is prepared to attack this game, can see it being very open and a lot of last gasp defending by both sides. Want a Cov win, really want a Wright brace and if Simmsy can get even one, that will improve his confidence and the fans belief in him. But like most away games, I'm plumping for a home win, 3-1 Sun'lun.

SleepyGinger

Not sure how we approach this one, I’d like to get OHare back in the side but also liked Lati in there against Leeds. I think it will be another 1-1 draw.

pusbccfc

Hopefully we have enough fans to take up the remaining tickets. Wouldn't like to see them put on general sale. We really don't need an excess of talc sniffers getting their mitts on them and causing the club more trouble.

But if Robins is prepared to attack this game, can see it being very open and a lot of last gasp defending by both sides. Want a Cov win, really want a Wright brace and if Simmsy can get even one, that will improve his confidence and the fans belief in him. But like most away games, I'm plumping for a home win, 3-1 Sun'lun.
They've been on general sale for days. No one fancies it.

skyblue_55

Keep Lats in , as he’s a very underrated player for us & that bit of extra steel he brings with him , could just be required on Saturday.
Another away win on the cards & let’s hope we fill the 2000 allocation
PUSB

Offhegoes

Palmer, O'Hare and Sakamoto start the game behind Simms as the lone striker. Sheaf and Lati as the holding midfielders.

Robins & Viveash will know how Beale likes to play having played QPR last season, and they'll be aware how he set up Rangers - Having beat Leeds recently I can't believe he'll deviate too much from that formation / team.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Keep Lats in , as he’s a very underrated player for us & that bit of extra steel he brings with him , could just be required on Saturday.
Another away win on the cards & let’s hope we fill the 2000 allocation
PUSB
I like your post but I'm not sure he is underrated by fans. Most seem to rate him. One of the most valuable players in the squad as covers a few positions in team.

CV22SBA

What's our lowest Saturday following this season? I don't think we've gone below 2000 besides the 1970 we took to Swansea that was sold out.

I know there's a lots of reasons but a 1000 is very, very low compared to usual. Managed 3000 to Leeds at £50 but then are struggling to shift any for Sunderland.

It's look likely that this will be a lower following than Cardiff on a Tuesday night
First game i'm missing this season and probably the only one. After Leeds and xmas presents and Boro on NYD its just too expensive. Also have the works xmas party the night before in London.

WBA only took 1200 last weekend so we should still take more than that. Teams don't take many to Sunderland, its a shit hole, miles away and you're stuck up in the gods with a crap view.

Covcraig@bury

So I’ve just booked into my hotel in Scumberland for the next couple of days across the Wear and can see the stadium of shite , so I might just spend a penny and leave them a calling card ,and I’m not going Saturday because work needs me in London FFS . Fucking hate these arrogant Geordie wannabes ✊💦💦💦💦

alexccfc99

So I’ve just booked into my hotel in Scumberland for the next couple of days across the Wear and can see the stadium of shite , so I might just spend a penny and leave them a calling card ,and I’m not going Saturday because work needs me in London FFS . Fucking hate these arrogant Geordie wannabes ✊💦💦💦💦
Couldn’t pay me enough to stop there overnight

alexccfc99

I reckon about 1300 altogether end up going - Not a bad effort (Especially as the locals make it abundantly clear we are not welcome, the place is a dump and none of the pubs will have us in) the day before Xmas Eve but seems to be getting slaughtered by their lot on social media:unsure:

I suppose a so called massive club who’ve won fuck all since the 70s need the ‘my dads bigger than your dad’ thing with the attendances to make themselves look big

steve30000

Still haven't lost to them since they decided we were rivals. Long may it continue as they seem to get more deranged the longer it goes on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We didn't decide we were rivals 🙄 you lot took the huff when we brought up what Mr hill did all those years ago.
That's where it started with this "rivalry"

Sky Blue Harry H

We didn't decide we were rivals 🙄 you lot took the huff when we brought up what Mr hill did all those years ago.

I think rivals iis the wrong term. It's more internet banter that's gone ott. As a lot have pointed out, there was a long period of time pre-internet, when we played each other and there was barely any reference to it, and certainly no angst between supporters over the matter. Now, there are generations who weren't even about when it happened (and those who were, are in their 60s and older, and should know there are more important things in life) and have engineered a 'faux hatred' of each other's clubs. The result is one man shouting at a jimmy Hill statue and an idiot lobbing 'whatever' at the SOL generating an exaggerated on-line response. Some poor innocent then gets lamped as a result.

Sky Blue Harry H

Double up on him, and tackle him hard? Like it doesn't happen every game 🙄
I think if you'd have got yourself a decent centre forward, you'd have probably secured a top 6 finish this season. As it is you might pick one up in January, but suspect this year, you might now just fall short. Weird club, but I think Watford might sneak in there this season.

TomRad85

When you say bring up what Hill did you mean wish the club he managed out of existence and wish him dead/celebrate when he died. Totally normal behaviour...
As mentioned, I had no opinion of Sunderland before the explosion of social media but your fan base is deranged.

Covcraig@bury

Deluded… I was at that game and I can assure you Jimmy Hill had no influence in delaying the kick off . That was down to the police. Again you and your backward fans put the blame on JH but surely if this was the case do you not think the Bristol manager would have had no say in this ? And again if this was the case why have your Deluded fans not had a go at him ? Scumberland was just not good enough that season .
you 🫵🏼 reap what you sow and I hope more Wear sewerage gets dropped on you inbred scum from a great height .

Users who are viewing this thread