Sumo comments (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Again still does no matter, he can stand from the outside and say the club is in a state, it stinks and the owners dont care... FFS the manager validated over the weekend Saturday but somehow another says it he must be a ex player ranting about nothing he knows about. You don't have to be Quinny to see what he is saying or agree with the sentiment...

Yes, that's the manager who a few weeks ago was saying how he wanted the job full time. The one who knows probably more than most about the shite and the budget.

Venus needs to be gone asap, there is plenty wrong but when ranting about things that are common place in league one then that's why it looks like he doesn't know much.

Not many people mention the system venus plays or the weird starting line ups. Not much mention of awful recruitment either.

It's all budget, budget, budget. Don't get me wrong I'd love a huge budget and hammer the league, but I can also see that not every other team has a huge budget and that it's common place to have to work under restraints as a manager in league one.

Explain about the ricoh, explain about the academy but not buying players doesn't wash that much when hardly many teams can in league one, and when we actually have bought them.

He won't be able to mention the signings, the tactics, the manager decisions as it isn't on sky. He won't see the left winger we paid for and the left winger who will be on a decent wage sat on the bench while an awful striker from West Brom plays.

Of course things stink, of course everything isn't rosy but surely ranting about things won't do too much? Im by no means an expert, but if I'm going to rant about buying players I'd check if a player had been bought.

All the confusion and expectation doesn't help at all. Of course the fans should expect good communication, good customer service etc as a standard which we don't get (I've done threads about that). Not many fans take a look on the pitch and see the issues and analyse that.

When people go on about not buying players, sisu taking all the season ticket money etc it just ends up confusing things, as people take it as fact. A Lot of people don't seem to know too much about league one, I'm no expert and don't claim to be but I understand a bit about other clubs etc. The same as some people knew the team needed physicality but tm didn't sign any.

Last edited:

Covstu

He was spot on with virtually everything in my opinion and I don't like the guy. The only thing I slightly disagree with was that TM wasn't given support, I don't think this was true last year albeit quality loaners. Everything else was bang on

Sky Blue Kid

He was spot on with virtually everything in my opinion and I don't like the guy. The only thing I slightly disagree with was that TM wasn't given support, I don't think this was true last year albeit quality loaners. Everything else was bang on

Almost in 100% agreement Stu, I believe however that TM knew the budget was shit but blagged it because of his reputation.

Grendel

Spoken like a true cov fan ah grendel.
Id rather listen to a person who served the club well any day that a sisu puppet like you

Spoken like a decent human being which that abusive arrogant twat is not

Nick, Name a better, higher profile manager than Tony Mowbray that would come to manage CCFC! Why are they not being offered the job? Why has JFH snubbed SISU? Mark Venus was responsible for much of Tony Mowbray's recruitment. Yes, you can get decent free transfers - but you have to be able to persuade those players to join your club! What do CCFC have to offer? Nothing other than a very mediocre wage to a player who can't get in to a better club or earn a higher wage somewhere else!

Grendel

Almost in 100% agreement Stu, I believe however that TM knew the budget was shit but blagged it because of his reputation.

Shit in comparison with what budget - Scunthorpe?

Nick

Administrator
Nick, Name a better, higher profile manager than Tony Mowbray that would come to manage CCFC! Why are they not being offered the job? Why has JFH snubbed SISU? Mark Venus was responsible for much of Tony Mowbray's recruitment. Yes, you can get decent free transfers - but you have to be able to persuade those players to join your club! What do CCFC have to offer? Nothing other than a very mediocre wage to a player who can't get in to a better club or earn a higher wage somewhere else!

It's not about being high profile, if anything that's what we don't want. We need somebody who knows the lower leagues, who has contacts, who knows people at the conference teams. They need to know the league and how to grind out results.

It's the same as players, I don't give a shit if they come from forest green, Nuneaton or Barca if they do well for us.

People were outraged when Wilson went to Rotherham and not us, the ones in the league above where the average wage is much higher. If we are competing with championship teams we will lose out on players, amazing if it works but not so good if it doesn't and there's no plan b.

There's too much expectation on names and high profile, it could be a manager from the conference who knows how to setup his best 11 to their strengths.

Nick

Administrator
As I said ......... the usual few.
Looking forward to them defending TF when he is questioned and gives no answers.
You do realise people can debate things more than "I agree" and look at things that have happened etc.

If people pointing out facts is defending them, then surely something is wrong.

clint van damme

I doubt anyone o this board knows, though we'll still rattle up a 60 page thread speculating!

It's not about being high profile, if anything that's what we don't want. We need somebody who knows the lower leagues, who has contacts, who knows people at the conference teams. They need to know the league and how to grind out results.

It's the same as players, I don't give a shit if they come from forest green, Nuneaton or Barca if they do well for us.

People were outraged when Wilson went to Rotherham and not us, the ones in the league above where the average wage is much higher. If we are competing with championship teams we will lose out on players, amazing if it works but not so good if it doesn't and there's no plan b.

There's too much expectation on names and high profile, it could be a manager from the conference who knows how to setup his best 11 to their strengths.
So name someone who would come and tell us why you think they are not already here getting interviewed! I can tell you why! Nobody wants the job! SISU have killed the club!

torchomatic

So name someone who would come and tell us why you think they are not already here getting interviewed! I can tell you why! Nobody wants the job! SISU have killed the club!

Nobody wants the job? We're not going to get a new manager then? No manager will apply?

clint van damme

to be honest they'll be loads of people applying for the job, there are for every manager vacancy, there's a lot of out of work football managers.
Whether they'll be any good or not is another issue.

Nick

Administrator

I don't know, I haven't seen the list of applications.

I can tell you that it was the same thing said before Mowbray coming, it was also used as a reason for Thorn staying.

Chipfat

I'd be amazed if he talked to anyone within the club for years - why would he?

Why? do you think when he was here all the staff then are not still at the club in some capacity, you are looking at it as just ex players. How do you know he doesn't talk to the kit man, community officer, scout,coach or even an agent who lives in very close and would of dealt with the club. I think the way he talked about Venus he knows him as well never mind TM. I would assume he is part of the players asc, which would allow him to be in contact with some that know whats going on, for me its harder to find reason why he would not then would be in the know.

Nick

Administrator
Why? do you think when he was here all the staff then are not still at the club in some capacity, you are looking at it as just ex players. How do you know he doesn't talk to the kit man, community officer, scout,coach or even an agent who lives in very close and would of dealt with the club. I think the way he talked about Venus he knows him as well never mind TM. I would assume he is part of the players asc, which would allow him to be in contact with some that know whats going on, for me its harder to find reason why he would not then would be in the know.

So he would have known about players being bought and the recruitment getting screwed up? Venus would have told him about the players he had bought if he knew him surely?

How many ex players still go and watch? I know there are some like McSheffrey, Claus Jorgenson, Bennett etc and watch us a few times to get an idea. I'd bet Quinn couldn't name many players if he saw a picture of them. How many ex player interviews have said "from what I have been told" or "from what the fans have told me"?

Sky Blue Kid

So he would have known about players being bought and the recruitment getting screwed up? Venus would have told him about the players he had bought if he knew him surely?

How many ex players still go and watch? I know there are some like McSheffrey, Claus Jorgenson, Bennett etc and watch us a few times to get an idea. I'd bet Quinn couldn't name many players if he saw a picture of them. How many ex player interviews have said "from what I have been told" or "from what the fans have told me"?
Benno is a regular commentator on Cov games with "Free Radio" so would hardly be a "from what I have been told" or "from what the fans have told me"?[/QUOTE]

Nick

Administrator
Benno is a regular commentator on Cov games with "Free Radio" so would hardly be a "from what I have been told" or "from what the fans have told me"?

That's why I listed him as one who watches us a lot :)

How many of the ex players are contacted on social media by people asking for their comments after a brief rundown? how many other than McSheffrey have made a comment on the football like when he said about Sordell being shoved out wide?

Sky Blue Kid

Not what you said here You said "A few times"....

Nick

Administrator
Not what you said here You said "A few times"....

Yes, it was quite obvious I was differentiating between people who had seen us play and had a bit of an idea about the players and tactics etc and others who haven't got a clue.

Still, you can sit and try and catch me out somehow if you want. Others will just read it and understand it, unless you are going to try and argue about number of games each has watched or something? After all, a few times can be a lot, as in a lot more than you have ;)

Old Warwickshire lad

Don't care who slates SISU as long as they are being shown up for the shits they are. Ex players, fans bin man any fu**** can call em for me. Wish TM would open up on what really went on when he was here. I do think he and Venus made mistakes last summer. But were they made promises then shit on ?

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, it was quite obvious I was differentiating between people who had seen us play and had a bit of an idea about the players and tactics etc and others who haven't got a clue.

Still, you can sit and try and catch me out somehow if you want. Others will just read it and understand it, unless you are going to try and argue about number of games each has watched or something? After all, a few times can be a lot, as in a lot more than you have ;)

Not trying to catch you out, you did that yourself. ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Don't care who slates SISU as long as they are being shown up for the shits they are. Ex players, fans bin man any fu**** can call em for me. Wish TM would open up on what really went on when he was here. I do think he and Venus made mistakes last summer. But were they made promises then shit on ?

We've all got our own thoughts on what happened... and that looks a damned good option.

Chipfat

I have no idea what his conversations are or who with, i just don't think he walks around not knowing anyone connected to the club now. My opinion is he would not only be talking to ex players, players, ex staff or staff its endless the connections he would have. As for our signings i have never once defended them or MV TM on this matter i just think Quinn is correct when he says the club will never get better until these owners leave and bring in fresh blood with ideas more than they are capable of.

Nick

Administrator
If they were shit on, it wouldn't explain why they were chasing a championship player at the end. It wouldn't explain why Venus was so keen for the job full time either. It also wouldn't explain why Mowbray openly admitted he screwed it up.

Nick

Administrator
I have no idea what his conversations are or who with, i just don't think he walks around not knowing anyone connected to the club now. My opinion is he would not only be talking to ex players, players, ex staff or staff its endless the connections he would have. As for our signings i have never once defended them or MV TM on this matter i just think Quinn is correct when he says the club will never get better until these owners leave and bring in fresh blood with ideas more than they are capable of.

Yes, but if he has all these connections you would think he would have got the basics right? They would have told him about the players we had bought, even if it was in conversation about something.

A football pundit ranting about a league 1 club not buying players?

Users who are viewing this thread