Stuart Linnell (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Thought Steve was a great caller...had Linnell on the ropes a few times so he had to resort to his 'insider' BS. "I'll tell you for a fact that the people at the very top at SISU were appalled at what happened" "Story to be told there that can't be told yet but will be"...Sorry but there's playing devils advocate and there's being a mouthpiece for SISU. If you have any details of the extenuating circumstances which have led to us being in the shite then tell us...otherwise don't say anything.
I don't think that he knows anything. He said that to get himself out of a tricky situation.

psgm1

Banned
Mr "tell it as it is" Linnell claims insider knowledge - yet for some reason never gets them to speak to him! Seems somewhat at odds with his "insider" information. Maybe its the SAME insider info where he KNEW that DiCanio was going to return to Swindon.

Dedicated vast majority to the SBT guy Steve - Shame couldn't get more from fans who actually went. Boring show

J

Jack Griffin

Thought Steve was a great caller...had Linnell on the ropes a few times so he had to resort to his 'insider' BS. "I'll tell you for a fact that the people at the very top at SISU were appalled at what happened" "Story to be told there that can't be told yet but will be"...Sorry but there's playing devils advocate and there's being a mouthpiece for SISU. If you have any details of the extenuating circumstances which have led to us being in the shite then tell us...otherwise don't say anything.

Are they appalled that they can't get the Arena for free.

I'm rather appalled at their apparent inability to negotiate in good faith & keep their word.

Grendel

Mr "tell it as it is" Linnell claims insider knowledge - yet for some reason never gets them to speak to him! Seems somewhat at odds with his "insider" information. Maybe its the SAME insider info where he KNEW that DiCanio was going to return to Swindon.

Dedicated vast majority to the SBT guy Steve - Shame couldn't get more from fans who actually went. Boring show

He did also know that if you thought Andy Thorne was a poor manager you knew nothing about football. I think he needs to go to a rest home. He's past his best. Even at his best he was useless.

Nick

Administrator

The same as he told people for a fact di canio was going back to Swindon?

Grendel

Time for Linnell to quit the airwaves I think. Tries to stir up controversy but its all so fake. He likes SISU as most don't. He liked Thorn as most didn't.

I have told of this incident before but I will recant again. Years ago we played Norwich away in a midweek game. Ogrizovic was going through a difficult time and getting some stick from the usual "knowledgeable" fans. We lost and callers rang in who were at home but blaming him based on the commentary. Linnell didn't stop the negativity he practically encouraged it. In the end Oggy's wife rang in to say her son was crying listening to the abuse he was getting. It was shameful but Linnell to me seems without shame.

When he is now on I switch off. I suggest all like minded do the same and then perhaps the BBC will get the message.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

So none of you think I was being harsh on Linnell? I really have had enough of his strops, he always seems overly keen to shoot anyone down that doesn't have a very optimistic, almost fairy like perspective of what's going on. We're coventry city and we're 16th in fucking league one!!! What is there to be positive about. Sisu are wank, Pressley is a massive gimp just like Linnell. And Linnell has no insider info and shoulk to his garden shed

procdoc

Time for Linnell to quit the airwaves I think. Tries to stir up controversy but its all so fake. He likes SISU as most don't. He liked Thorn as most didn't.

I have told of this incident before but I will recant again. Years ago we played Norwich away in a midweek game. Ogrizovic was going through a difficult time and getting some stick from the usual "knowledgeable" fans. We lost and callers rang in who were at home but blaming him based on the commentary. Linnell didn't stop the negativity he practically encouraged it. In the end Oggy's wife rang in to say her son was crying listening to the abuse he was getting. It was shameful but Linnell to me seems without shame.

When he is now on I switch off. I suggest all like minded do the same and then perhaps the BBC will get the message.
For once Grendel I agree 100% with you (now that's a turn up for the books!). I stopped listening a couple of weeks ago, cannot stand him

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't think that he knows anything. He said that to get himself out of a tricky situation.

And today children our word of the day is "extricate". As in "Linnell attempted to extricate himself from SISU's arsehole..sorry, I mean from a difficult situation".

Ashdown1

Its a shame he was always genuine Cov City but sadly he's turned into a sycophant to the despicable hedge fund.......why?? I can't listen to the twat anymore, then again I could cheerfully hang Eakin most weeks as well ! I just don't bother with the radio anymore as I cannot stomach the 'Oh no Stuart, I've not been to the game....................

georgehudson

but don't forget that we CCFC fans who want sisu out, are in a minority, according to SL,
i keep on hearing the same old phrase,
'empty vessels make most noise'
still we've got the serious investigative local journalism to call upon to unravel the current mess

deanocity3

does he still do the religious programme on CWR,love to hear the phone in's on there.
On the line now is Rev Smith who believes in God.
Stuart asks Have you ever seen God then,that just your opinion !!!
we need the facts first he goes on to tell the vicar

It is obvious linnell been brainwashed by sisu, what he going to say if we are taken over and sisu go? Apart from looking like a complete fool also how is it a minority that want sisu to go the fool is totally wrong if asked thirty thousand that was at crewe if we wanted sisu to stay only about one per cent would say yes he is totally out of touch with the real world PUSB

Grendel

It is obvious linnell been brainwashed by sisu, what he going to say if we are taken over and sisu go? Apart from looking like a complete fool also how is it a minority that want sisu to go the fool is totally wrong if asked thirty thousand that was at crewe if we wanted sisu to stay only about one per cent would say yes he is totally out of touch with the real world PUSB

Yours the point. He sides with sisu to get a response as they are loathed. He backed thorn as we all knew he was a clueless idiot (Don, CJ and comrade non league aside). He thinks it attracts a response.

Tonylinc

Yours the point. He sides with sisu to get a response as they are loathed. He backed thorn as we all knew he was a clueless idiot (Don, CJ and comrade non league aside). He thinks it attracts a response.
I understand that presenters often have to play "devil's advocate", BUT I think Mr. Linnell has gone way past this tactic now to the point where he actually believes that Sisu are good for us.

Mr T - Sukka!

Stuart Linell is a Coventry City supporter that cannot be denied.

I think the problem is he gets to know the owners/people running the club. So he will naturally question much to the annoyance of supporters of CCFC who dont like SISU.

Thats because he is looking at the human aspect of people (Tim Fisher, Steve Waggot, Joy Sepalla). Where fans are seeing people not running CCFC correctly. To very differnt views.

My understanding of this was amplified by the fact he talks like he himself speaks to them on a regular basis like the examples below.

"They admit they got it badly wrong" Never seen an interview where they say this.
"They admit they have made mistakes" Well yes why wasnt this followed up with a question to break the meaning down rather than a blanket statement?
"How is Tim Fisher a SISU puppet? Can anyone explain that to me?" You have to be a little dense not to know the meaning of this, its like the texter was saying Tim Fisher is told what to do.
"Sky blues talk has lots of trouble makers on there" Really who are these? PGSM1? I dont see the need to call him a trouble maker just because he has a different view to yourself.

He would be well advised to be imprtial and allow phone in people to have there say without interuppting them. After all thats what a phone is for. He can come back to points when the phone in person has finished speaking. Juggy was making vailid points the other day and Linnell kept butting in on a regular basis.

Much prefer Clive Eakin and Geoff Foster myself, they allow callers to speak and they are very balanced and the show flows better with them 2.

luwalla

Any good presenter will take the opposite view of whatever the caller is saying just to get that person to properly argue their point.

The problem with Linnell is when he does that he has to try and win the argument. He should just provoke the caller slightly, then let them have their say.

he alwasy spouts on about taking the opposite view to the caller, to offer a balanced view on the situation.. but it only ever works one way it seems.. a perfect example of this is that whenever a Caller phones in and says "sisu are killing the club and havent invested etc" - Linnell retorts "well they have because they have put in 40 million" ( or whatever the reported figure is that particular day ) "

but then when a diffrent caller phones in and says something like "no matter what you think of sisu, they have invested 40 million in this club & deserve a return" - linnell will say something like "well exactly, so who can blame them for looking to claw back some of that"

he needs to either back off with his confrontation on anti sisu callers.. or he needs to practice what he preaches and really offer a balanced argument on both sides

cashless

Linnell is presenting both sides of an argument. It is YOUR perception if you think this is pro SISU bias. I think what annoys him is the constant brainless "blame sisu for everything" aproach of most of the meathead callers or posters on this forum. I dont blame him for that. I enjoy him winding them up...

Colin1883

Linnell is presenting both sides of an argument. It is YOUR perception if you think this is pro SISU bias. I think what annoys him is the constant brainless "blame sisu for everything" aproach of most of the meathead callers or posters on this forum. I dont blame him for that. I enjoy him winding them up...

I don't think anyone on this forum blames sisu for everything...

They blame sisu for "effectively"
Misleading us...

RoboCCFC90

Stuart Linell is a Coventry City supporter that cannot be denied.

I think the problem is he gets to know the owners/people running the club. So he will naturally question much to the annoyance of supporters of CCFC who dont like SISU.

Thats because he is looking at the human aspect of people (Tim Fisher, Steve Waggot, Joy Sepalla). Where fans are seeing people not running CCFC correctly. To very differnt views.

My understanding of this was amplified by the fact he talks like he himself speaks to them on a regular basis like the examples below.

"They admit they got it badly wrong" Never seen an interview where they say this.
"They admit they have made mistakes" Well yes why wasnt this followed up with a question to break the meaning down rather than a blanket statement?
"How is Tim Fisher a SISU puppet? Can anyone explain that to me?" You have to be a little dense not to know the meaning of this, its like the texter was saying Tim Fisher is told what to do.
"Sky blues talk has lots of trouble makers on there" Really who are these? PGSM1? I dont see the need to call him a trouble maker just because he has a different view to yourself.

He would be well advised to be imprtial and allow phone in people to have there say without interuppting them. After all thats what a phone is for. He can come back to points when the phone in person has finished speaking. Juggy was making vailid points the other day and Linnell kept butting in on a regular basis.

Much prefer Clive Eakin and Geoff Foster myself, they allow callers to speak and they are very balanced and the show flows better with them 2.

Linnell is obviously speaking of NLHWC again...

ajsccfc

The talk of brainwashing and being on the take are counter-productive when it comes to arguing any kind of actual point, in much the same way that someone here not slagging the owners off may be greeted with 'are you Tim Fisher? lolapalooza'

If Linnell's not playing devil's advocate or sneakily manipulating his audience for ratings, it may just be that he believes what he says rather than corruption or evil.

cashless

So Linnell cant present a view slightly less one eyed than the callers and be "brainwashed" or in SISUs pocket....?
The only people espousing a totalitarian view are those that have made their mind up over SISU being the evil corporation and wont allow any slightly less jaundiced view.

Users who are viewing this thread