Match Thread Stoke City (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

He could do a job as 4th choice next season, but we would need to bring in someone for competition to Godden and Walker.

Too expensive as a 4th choice. Max (as 4th) plus a new signing to battle for a starting place for me, with Baka binned off. We won't have the budget for major overhaul. Clever use of loans needed again, but I would like our permanent squad strengthened, bit by bit.

Gibbo

Too expensive as a 4th choice. Max (as 4th) plus a new signing to battle for a starting place for me, with Baka binned off. We won't have the budget for major overhaul. Clever use of loans needed again, but I would like our permanent squad strengthened, bit by bit.
Sorting out the strikers for next season is quite a tough job. Neither of our top two have exactly excelled. Godden has shown something like sufficient skill to warrant a place in the starting line up, and even then only just [that was a diabolical miss at the end, just not clinical]. On the other hand Walker has disappointed but is an investment for the future.

So we need at least one preferably two who are better than Godden, which means Walker probably goes.

It is also evident to everybody but the cult that Max is League 2 level. Baka - obviously out.

This will cost....

Happy_Martian

Same team as last time please. O'Hare as an impact sub works much better than giving him a starting place. His workrate is great, he can supply balls when the opposition are tiring, he smiles a lot ( ;) ) but his finishing still needs to be improved on. Hamer is the best player in our squad but he's still flattering to deceive. More cold than hot. But he only needs that one flash of genius to turn a game. Biamou..... 'nuff said :D The only change I'd make should be Godden starting but I can see Walker getting the nod again.

But.... after all that hyperbole, I still can't see us turning Stoke over. Away from home, 3rd stressful game in 7 days and after a brilliant but emotionally tiring game against Barnsley. Our weariness will start to show. 2-0 to them.

Paxman II

Draw written all over it surely? Could easily lose but Rotherham have a hell of a lot to do, and I'd be very worried if I were Derby.

Sky Blue Harry H

Nice to watch us play with normal blood pressure. Hope we play well, but hoping PNE turn Derby over to keep it interesting at the bottom.

mark_ccfc

Will be our third game in 6 days the lads will be knackered. Would love a win, but a draw would be a good result and should be attainable. Not the end of the world if we lost.

Magwitch1

Another game where we will know what we need to do, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday play tomorrow and Rotherham kick-off v Middlesbrough an hour before our Stoke match.
We won’t lose.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'll go 0-0. Not expecting a win. Evening game, away, possibly quite chilly. Not conditions we traditionally thrive in.

Don't expect many changes unless fitness related.

Would be nice to confirm safety and be able to use the remaining games to give youngsters a chance.

kg82

I'll go 0-0. Not expecting a win. Evening game, away, possibly quite chilly. Not conditions we traditionally thrive in.

Don't expect many changes unless fitness related.

Would be nice to confirm safety and be able to use the remaining games to give youngsters a chance.
It’s not a Tuesday though, which is good. Not many teams like going there on that day, for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread