Squad numbers (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Ooh new fancy squad photos as well. Binks wearing 2 while being a left-sided player bugs me more than it should, same with Panzo last year
They must have added them in the last hour because they weren’t there when Platt started the thread.

djr8369

Apparently player sponsorship up from £500 to £800. Another one for corporate types to seethe about potentially.

Joy Division

Simon Moore not being included with the new kit suggests to me he'll be off elsewhere soon.

Hobo

Ooh new fancy squad photos as well. Binks wearing 2 while being a left-sided player bugs me more than it should, same with Panzo last year

It"s just a number 😂

fatso

Van Ewijk not having his picture up annoys me, maybe he failed to attend another press opportunity.

Reactions: SBT

napolimp

How come Tavares managed to put the new shirt on but O'hare didn't. That's one hell of a midfield when you look at it lined up like that.

Happy_Martian

Simon Moore not being included with the new kit suggests to me he'll be off elsewhere soon.

Neither is Callum or Milan (Milan doesn't even have a photo, just a silhouette). And Gus is there in the new shirt.

Bottom line, don't read anything into the pics. They probably posted what they could get.

AOM

How come Tavares managed to put the new shirt on but O'hare didn't. That's one hell of a midfield when you look at it lined up like that.

I was thinking maybe the photos were taken before the game on Saturday when we had the new sponsored kits, but Allen and Tavares are in there as well

1690887435697.jpeg

ajsccfc

Disappointed in Cian Tyler no longer looking like he'll tie a maiden to the railroad tracks

MjJWtfd.png

Hobo

I know, it's all meaningless but still just looks off. Million miles away from Nathan Clarke wearing 7 though at least
But we all accept our best player wearing 38 😂

SeaSeeEffCee

Yeah you'd think Milan would've been 2, perhaps he doesn't like that number.
I think players like to have ‘brands’ these days and go for a more individual number. See Hamer with 38 and Palmer with 45, or higher up the pyramid, Trent Alexander-Arnold with 66 and Phil Foden with 47.

SBT

Of course. Once you're outside 1-11, everything bar 13 is a lawless wasteland

1 - keeper
2 - right back
3 - left back or LCB
4 - CB or DM
5 - CB (more brutish the better)
6 - cultured CB or DM
7 - winger or playmaker
8 - box to box CM
9 - poacher
10 - striker or playmaker