Southampton tickets (1 Viewer)

rob9872

So to those complaining what's the answer? I estimate 50% of our support comes from outside the City. The official coaches only collect in Cov so everyone would need to travel into Cov to get the coach meaning they can't have a drink and incur lots of additional time and travel. If the club put coaches on that collected from surrounding towns it would be ok and a workaround imo, but a supporter otherwise doesn't know if they'll book a coach and not get a ticket or get a ticket and the coach is full, it's the only way lots can pay a combined price to travel and the supporters clubs need to know in advance to be able to take payment and book the right size coach. they also put anything made extra back into the club towards sponsoring games and players etc.

Old Warwickshire lad

STH should get priority . Works for every other club. Doing just away games doesn’t financially do the club any good.
If you want first dibs on any tickets,get a season ticket.
Give the club the finances to buy players before the season starts.
And before you start moaning you can’t get to all the games, get a half season ticket.

Liquid Gold

So to those complaining what's the answer? I estimate 50% of our support comes from outside the City. The official coaches only collect in Cov so everyone would need to travel into Cov to get the coach meaning they can't have a drink and incur lots of additional time and travel. If the club put coaches on that collected from surrounding towns it would be ok and a workaround imo, but a supporter otherwise doesn't know if they'll book a coach and not get a ticket or get a ticket and the coach is full, it's the only way lots can pay a combined price to travel and the supporters clubs need to know in advance to be able to take payment and book the right size coach. they also put anything made extra back into the club towards sponsoring games and players etc.
Same pressures every other fan that isn't in a supporters club has. They are not special, they should be under the same conditions as everybody else.

rob9872

Same pressures every other fan that isn't in a supporters club has. They are not special, they should be under the same conditions as everybody else.
In what way? If you live in the City you can travel on the official away coaches.

tskezz

50%??? Seems high

rob9872

50%??? Seems high
It's only a guess but with Warwick, Leamington, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Kenilworth, Southam, Rugby plus lots of surrounding villages I'd have thought it wasn't too far off.

rob9872

I don't get what the coaches have to do with getting priority over other people who have paid for a season ticket like you
Because those who get a ticket have to go on the coach too. they're not divvying them up for their members to do their own thing with. Therefore they're not stuck with a ticket and no transport or transport and no ticket. It means they can commit to both and the supporters club can commit to a number of tickets and the appropriate sized vehicle that has to be booked and paid for. As I said before they could do without SC's now we're back in the championship I think, but equally think the club should offer other coach options in the surrounding towns.

johnwillomagic

People who are complaining they can't get a ticket as someone else has pointed out could always boost the away attendance at Boro instead?

Season ticket holders rightly get priority I had a faint hope i may be able to get a ticket but have complaints that sold out to season ticket holders etc....it is the way it should be.

Hope all who go have a great day and fingers crossed we can pull off a cup shock PUSB!

chiefdave

There definitely seemed to be a chunk of tickets that suddenly became available at 10.45 cos I’d been sitting there with absolutely zero luck, was about to give up and then saw someone on here got 2 so I tried again and got them in a couple of goes. There were a couple posted on here at the same time. Whether that was 30 tickets in one basket or whatever, who knows.
How many people were queuing at the ticket office? Maybe they kept enough back to make sure everyone who went there and queued got what they needed and then put those left on sale online.

rob9872

I don't have that option. In my opinion should I be given priority above other phase 1 STHs or are your mates a special case?
No special cases. Phase 1 means you go before others but a season ticket is a ticket that guarantees you entry to home games. That's all a club has to legally do when you make that contracted purchase. What priority the club chooses after that is their prerogative This isn't new and has gone on everywhere in all kinds of events for as long as I can remember.

tskezz

People who are complaining they can't get a ticket as someone else has pointed out could always boost the away attendance at Boro instead?
If I had a Boro ticket but no Southampton one I would be pretty pissed off reading this.

One of the main points people are making is that those who are going to other aways aren't getting tickets for these games.

Liquid Gold

No special cases. Phase 1 means you go before others but a season ticket is a ticket that guarantees you entry to home games. That's all a club has to legally do when you make that contracted purchase. What priority the club chooses after that is their prerogative This isn't new and has gone on everywhere in all kinds of events for as long as I can remember.
But the supporters clubs are being given guaranteed tickets when a lot of phase 1 have just missed out.

They are being given special treatment by having that guarantee and you think it's ok because they have to arrange transport.

I'm in the south west, I know a load of STHs that were interested in going, only three of us have got tickets, we're going to go in a car. We could have a arranged a bus if we were given guaranteed tickets so I'll ask again. Do you think I deserve a guaranteed ticket to any away game I want and if not why are L&W different to me?

rob9872

If I had a Boro ticket but no Southampton one I would be pretty pissed off reading this.

One of the main points people are making is that those who are going to other aways aren't getting tickets for these games.
Are there? I've not seen a single post about going to Boro that wanted to go and hasn't got one or is it on Facebook etc?

rob9872

But the supporters clubs are being given guaranteed tickets when a lot of phase 1 have just missed out.

They are being given special treatment by having that guarantee and you think it's ok because they have to arrange transport.

I'm in the south west, I know a load of STHs that were interested in going, only three of us have got tickets, we're going to go in a car. We could have a arranged a bus if we were given guaranteed tickets so I'll ask again. Do you think I deserve a guaranteed ticket to any away game I want and if not why are L&W different to me?
If you guarantee that your group will always take three tickets to every away game having set up the SW supporters group then yes I think you should. If you're only choosing this one, then I think those that go regularly to all of the others such as the supporters clubs who commit a number to every game should in the way they are saying next season with individuals who regularly attend and I agree with them.

Liquid Gold

If you guarantee that your group will always take three tickets to every away game having set up the SW supporters group then yes I think you should. If you're only choosing this one, then I think those that go regularly to all of the others such as the supporters clubs who commit a number to every game should in the way they are saying next season with individuals who regularly attend and I agree with them.
What you're proposing is an away season ticket.

Nobody would complain if they were available to purchase and more money went into the club. What's happened here is Boddy has given something unavailable to everybody else to his mates in the L&W and that's why it's an issue.

rob9872

Anyhow I'm off to lunch. Be back in an hour or so to read 20 reasons why I'm wrong and an abusing post from O'Day :)

rob9872

What you're proposing is an away season ticket.

Nobody would complain if they were available to purchase and more money went into the club. What's happened here is Boddy has given something unavailable to everybody else to his mates in the L&W and that's why it's an issue.
Not L&W no - ALL supporters groups

chiefdave

There's literally an article on the website saying they're bringing in a priority scheme next season for those that attend away games regularly which has been copied on to here followed by loads of posts saying we should have a priority scheme :ROFLMAO:

Liquid Gold

Not L&W no - ALL supporters groups
That's entirely besides the point. It isn't available to everybody.

It should be open for all fans to join or none, supporters clubs aren't a special case. Nowhere in the season ticket advertisements does it say that it gives you priority.

It's a backroom deal and people are rightly pissed off by it. It's another example of how we're being run like some lower league tinpot outfit.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Going Boro. Luckily got tickets this morning. Will be going Reading. Hopefully qualify :)

Supporters Clubs getting preferential treatment is a nonsense (and I am a member of one but don't get tickets through it). Glad they have outlined an away ticket scheme for the future.

robbiethemole

I booked on at 9.59 and couldn't get into the "chose area" part, kept refreshing and then at 10.27 it just stopped, I assume they were sold out.
It's almost as if they're saying you can stick your Phase one up your arse.

Grendel

Phase 1 Away+ Gold Membership

Genuine question though, do you think a STH who hadn't been to any away games but wanted to go Southampton should get priority over a non STH who had been to every away game?

I personally don't, most (by logic of our attendances) STHs dont go to away games. But there is a hardcore away following, some who go home some who dont. Id say if you are following the team away you should be rewarded

Because without season ticket holders you don’t have a football club they are essential stakeholders

Tile Hill Phil

How many people were queuing at the ticket office? Maybe they kept enough back to make sure everyone who went there and queued got what they needed and then put those left on sale online.
I got there at about 8.45 and there was about 30 in front of me. By the time they started selling them at 10oclock there was about 200 behind me. I only needed 3 tickets but most people had multiple season tickets in their hands so they would have sold quickly perhaps selling out before people at the back got to the front

chiefdave

If you say it’s live at 10 then don’t put it on a few minutes before. Better yet don’t put them up when most people are at work
I would be amazed if the onsite time isn't automated and the club have entered 10am on the system but a server time somewhere is slightly out. Unless this is the first time someone has ever attempted to buy tickets for any event they would surely know that its a common occurrence.

Also probably not a good idea to put them onsale out of office hours as that would mean limited support for any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread