Match Thread Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (3 Viewers)

hamertime

I think we need quality not quantity in the summer. Certainly a good Calum replacement.
Defensively is more complex. It isn’t solid enough, but who will MR drop?
And are there any assertive keepers anymore?
Can’t look to deep in to the keeper thing, they all make mistakes if they didn’t they might be playing for England.

fernandopartridge

This is the key thing for Wright as I mentioned in the match thread, he's got to be aggressive and make defenders work a lot harder to win the ball from him. He was really disappointing tonight knock or not.

I've spoken to Haji about where he can improve but that's the evolution, that's the next thing for him. He is tall and powerful and needs to use his body better.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Why on Earth did Southampton not give us 3000? Left the entire block empty FFS!

Garlana86

I'm going to the blues game, based on results tonight they will need a win against us and Cardiff (their next game) to get away from the pack, it won't be easy going there that for sure, stadium will be close to if not a sell out I expect.

messiahrobins

I'm going to the blues game, based on results tonight they will need a win against us and Cardiff (their next game) to get away from the pack, it won't be easy going there that for sure, stadium will be close to if not a sell out I expect.
Both teams have to win. Atmosphere will be extremely hostile inside the ground (possibly outside as i note a thread on Birmingham got locked very quickly) and we need to ensure we are up for it but keep eleven players on the pitch. Players who need to be careful are Eccles Kitching (if he plays as i've a feeling Robins is losing patience with him) Bidwell and Palmer, all of whom have that nasty edge which i love about them but it could easily spiral.
Most important game of the season.

TomRad85

Robins not holding back. Mentality of team needs to change. Doesn’t matter if you’re tired. If you want to challenge at this end of the season you find a way.
Exactly, everyone is tired at this point in the season. You have to push through it if you want to achieve anything. Good words from the manager.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deity

Bring on Saka! Even with his injury, he'd play better than the shower of shite on the pitch!

If we were offered a draw against Leeds and Southampton prior to the matches we probably would have taken them so to come out with 3 points has to be a plus.

It’s a big ask from here, particularly with the semi final looming, but certainly not impossible.
The issue is the Cardiff loss not the 3 points from the last 2 matches.

3 points from 9 isn’t good enough to close the gap to the play offs.

Torquay Sky Blue

The issue is the Cardiff loss not the 3 points from the last 2 matches.

3 points from 9 isn’t good enough to close the gap to the play offs.
This is true. The Leeds and Southampton games so close together were always going to be a tall order. Cardiff was the failure but let's not beat ourselves up here. The squad is thin past the first 11 and have done brilliantly this season. Next season will be ours.

ProfessorbyGrace

Any news on MvE at all? Would be typical of our luck for him to have snapped ribs bouncing off their keeper so needlessly. 🙄

Ashdown

I think we are done for now as far as play offs. Against both Cardiff and last night our energy levels were not high enough and the players looked a bit tired and lethargic. We should prep for the Man Utd match to be our most important left this season.
We’ve been pretty good for a long time but just lack perhaps 3 or 4 quality players to relieve the pressure on the squad.

Martin180

I think we are done for now as far as play offs. Against both Cardiff and last night our energy levels were not high enough and the players looked a bit tired and lethargic. We should prep for the Man Utd match to be our most important left this season.
We’ve been pretty good for a long time but just lack perhaps 3 or 4 quality players to relieve the pressure on the squad.
See what Saturday brings first . A win against Brum and Norwich drop points and who knows

Boicey

I think he was shielding them early in the season from too much criticism , now we’ve shown the level we can perform he’s trying to provoke a reaction . Fair play to him
Im not sure ‘provoking a reaction’ by saying on national TV our players are mentally weak is the best approach.
In private yes.
How would you feel if your boss told everyone publicly, including friends and family, you were mentally weak, would it motivate you or just seriously piss you off?

Brighton Sky Blue

Im not sure ‘provoking a reaction’ by saying on national TV our players are mentally weak is the best approach.
In private yes.
How would you feel if your boss told everyone publicly, including friends and family, you were mentally weak, would it motivate you or just seriously piss you off?
It won’t be anything he hasn’t already told them behind closed doors. If anything, he’ll have been harsher in the dressing room

Martin180

In private yes.
Depends if I'm a professional athlete trying to further myself .
Lots of top managers in the past have done it with great success .

Dickie

Couldn’t watch the game but just watched the highlights. Why did the ref stop play after Wright missed the penalty? We were in possession and it looked like he was signalling offside against Wright when he was on the floor and not affecting play?

Sky Blue Pete

Couldn’t watch the game but just watched the highlights. Why did the ref stop play after Wright missed the penalty? We were in possession and it looked like he was signalling offside against Wright when he was on the floor and not affecting play?
Double touch idfk

Ashdown

Would be silly to give up essentially two points off the playoffs and focus on what’s basically a novelty game let’s be honest.
We are not 2 points off play offs.
A novelty game that will bring us world wide fame, especially if we win.

Users who are viewing this thread