Match ThreadĀ Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Awful display! Embarrassing! šŸ˜”
Ā 

skybluecam

Wright looks like the shadow of the player we saw on Saturday. Another example of why we desperately needed reinforcements in that area in Jan.
Ā 

PVA

Why do they say ā€œover 2.5 goalsā€ instead of ā€œover 2 goalsā€ which means the same thing?

In betting?

So there aren't any void bets, so it's a simple win/lose. If it was 'over 2 goals' and it finished 1-1 the bet would be void. The 0.5 ensures no void bets or 'drawn' bets.
Ā 

djr8369

We haven't played at all well, but doesn't it just feel like one of those nights when everything goes wrong.

Player slips as he is taking a penalty and double kicks it, then a wicked deflection to put them 1 up.

Just seems like it is not our night
Just feels like there will be a red card or injury to top it off.
Ā 

Nobbie_67

O' Hare seems to have checked out already, Palmer all day for me. Look at Huddersfield, Palmer went off and we fell apart. Frustrating we can't keep the mental approach consistent. So mad, fantastic performances recently but then this. Just so Coventry. Maddening.
Ā 

Grendel

This is it really. Small squad, long season. We're blowing.

Kitching and Thomas are just erratic - been taken to the cleaners today.

Wright is frustrating. Itā€™s not tiredness with him either just inconsistency
Ā 

Warwickhunt

We haven't played at all well, but doesn't it just feel like one of those nights when everything goes wrong.

Player slips as he is taking a penalty and double kicks it, then a wicked deflection to put them 1 up.

Just seems like it is not our night
Otis both of Adams goals were handball! First he stuck his elbow out, second he handballed in-between Kitchin and Thomas. I played it over and over and he definitely handled it.
Ā 

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bring on Saka! Even with his injury, he'd play better than the shower of shite on the pitch!
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

Kitching and Thomas are just erratic - been taken to the cleaners today.

Wright is frustrating. Itā€™s not tiredness with him either just inconsistency
He has had a pretty demanding schedule. Why else would Sargent lie about being unfit?
Ā 

steve101

That was pretty dreadful. The keeping for the second was like an 8 year old. Pathetic.
Wright back to early season poor form. I have hardly seen Sheaf touch the ball. O'Hare highly ineffective.
Hopefully Palmer will be on after HT to inject some desire and impetus.
My only hope is that the wind is in our favour second half.
Ā 

TomRad85

Playing like we have run out of steam more like.
Hmmm poor excuse for a shit performance i think. We have a lot to play for, adrenaline should carry you through the final few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Ā 

Grendel

We are good enough. Tonight we just look exhausted.

We arenā€™t - we have several areas needing improvement- weā€™ve ground results out but weā€™ve never seriously looked like promotion candidates
Ā 

fernandopartridge

Midfield are chasing shadows, both Sheaf and Eccles look fucked. Robins has probably got his first 11 wrong. Maybe should have played Torp as an 8 ahead of the aforementioned. O'Hare has been poor.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Ā 

Ccfcsj

Just to make it worse commentator on red button is doing my head in
If he says "Exhibition football from Southampton" one more time I'll scream. They're not playing that well, we're playing really bad.

And the less said about the referee the better
Ā 

CCFCSteve

We talk about reinforcements but Kelly and/or Torp couldā€™ve started. Palmer came off after 60 on Saturday as well

Thatā€™s not to say we donā€™t need more players but Iā€™m shocked Robins didnā€™t really change things up tonight
Ā 

larry_david

Few from me.

If I were MR I'd be pretty pissed off with Wright. He took an age to move after the ref blew the whistle, so much so the ref started walking towards him and shouting him to hurry up. The crowd were also really riled up. I don't care if he was composing himself or not he's allowed himself to be distracted and I knew he was gonna miss, I'm sure we all felt it

We're knackered after leeds, as you're saying, lack of squad. You could argue saints away is the last fixture you'd want 2 days after that

Positive note, these Martin teams are notorious for giving you a chance and I wouldn't rule out them somehow letting us back in here
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread