Match Thread Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Southampton - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

CV22SBA

Way past my bed time getting back from this one. Looking forward to it after yesterdays result though and they’ve hit a bit of a sticky patch with fans bizarrely wanting the Manager out now. If we get the first goal the crowd might turn on them.

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 07.04.2024(4).gif
    07.04.2024(4).gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 07.04.2024(2).gif
    07.04.2024(2).gif
    52.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 07.04.2024(1).gif
    07.04.2024(1).gif
    105.2 KB · Views: 40

fernandopartridge

Way past my bed time getting back from this one. Looking forward to it after yesterdays result though and they’ve hit a bit of a sticky patch with fans bizarrely wanting the Manager out now. If we get the first goal the crowd might turn on them.
Their fans have never really warmed to him. I can sort of understand it as rigidly sticks to his passing principles which might appear arrogant.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

curly_tom

I think of Southampton as a similar sized club to us, a one-club city with a couple of good moments and a decent history. When I was a kid we were always similar. Norwich too. I’m glad we’re back to being at a similar level to these guys. I think we’ll get a draw and although it won’t help much it’ll be a decent result.

no_loyalty

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result, as long as we follow it up with a win against Blues on Saturday.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A win would be huge, on paper we're quite a bit better than Norwich away from home so can't help but feel the next two matches are going to be vital with us both playing away matches.

skybluelee

3 points would be a huge sign of our credentials as we reach the business end of the season. Southampton's form is mediocre and we will obviously be buzzing from yesterday. The main concern will be fatigue as we don't have a huge amount of options to rotate without a big drop off in quality. Oh and the fact that I'm going. #0winsin10

skybluelee

They've only picked up 14 points in their last 10. They've conceded 19 in that time too, only Rotherham have conceded more. They have scored 21 in that time though, only 2 teams have scored more.

3-2 away win.

Last edited:

Paxman II

A good time to play them looking at recent results. Tough ask though after all the energy spent on Leeds. But Robins has a fresh O'Hare and Torp and lati to utilise. When your strikers are on form then they are buzzing for every game, so it makes ths an interesting fixture. I can't call this one. Could be any result tbh. But if we bring our confidence on the night and play well then at least a draw, which I think would prove to be an important point. A win would put a playoff place in our own hands should Norwich not win.

CCFCSteve

Think they’ll beat us as we put everything into the Leeds game and might run out of gas for this one

this is my concern, what have the players got left in their legs, especially against a team that is possession based. Still shit or bust time so let’s hope they’ve got enough to just give it a good go….then cling on for dear life

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think of Southampton as a similar sized club to us, a one-club city with a couple of good moments and a decent history. When I was a kid we were always similar. Norwich too. I’m glad we’re back to being at a similar level to these guys. I think we’ll get a draw and although it won’t help much it’ll be a decent result.
I also feel that the way we are now is reminiscent of when they jumped back up through the leagues when the likes of Lallana and Lambert were playing for them.

torchomatic

Taken afternoon off so we can go. WFH on Wednesday, so no issue there. Would be happy with a point.

Busy week: we're doing this Tuesday, Villa Park on Friday and St Andrew's on Saturday.

blunted

I can see Sheff Wed kicking the shit out of Norwich. Will be an interesting outcome. Will Sargeant be crocked for the rest of the season?
Southampton. Who knows? Up to now the Southampton manager has been a nearly man but never achieved anything. He has the best chance along with one of the current top three of winning the playoffs. However, they may now in the same limbo as Middlesborough last season if they don't win most f their next few matches. That went well for Middlesborough.

jordan210

Southampton must be struggling to sell tickets as for the last 2 weeks Iv had tons of sponsored adds for £15 tickets

SleepyGinger

Had a look on their forum, few saying they are on the beach waiting for play offs and most fancy an away win.

skybluelee

The Southampton forum is about as negative as I've ever seen anywhere. Almost everyone is predicting an away win. I'm just not sure how long we can keep the energy levels up with such small numbers. Back to back wins v Leeds and Southampton would send such a strong message to Norwich and West Brom.

Tomh111

I'm good friends with a couple of Saints fans.

1. They hate Russell Martin.
2. The football is so slow and possession based, they have both stopped going despite having season tickets.
3. Last night they both said we would win, one predicted 4-0
4. They're convinced that Martin gets sacked before the playoffs, supposedly the players really don't like him.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread