Songs We No Longer Sing (2 Viewers)

Cov kid 55

Some of the older lads recall this one:
Dougan on the West End front, parlez vous,
Dougan on the West End front, parlez vous,
Dougan on the West End front, give us a gun we'll shoot the c**t,
Inky pinky parlez vous.
Yep, a good mid sixties song when Wolves were the real enemy, not Leicester or Villa. I don’t remember this being sung at the City, but my Grandad used to sing…

aye aye aye aye, Glazier is better than Yashin,
and Gibson is better than Eusebio,
and Wolves are in for a thrashing.

NortonSkyBlue

Yep, a good mid sixties song when Wolves were the real enemy, not Leicester or Villa. I don’t remember this being sung at the City, but my Grandad used to sing…

Almost right, gibbo is better than eusebio was the ditty

AndreasB

One thing that I had an irrational hatred of was the ‘slow hand clap’ if the ref had made a shit decision.

Even typing that it sounds utterly bizarre and pisses me off.

THE REFEREES A WANKER is sung to the tune of “Remember You’re a Womble”

Brighton Sky Blue

Not ours but I like ‘we are Brummies’ by Birmingham fans:

We are Brummies, yes we are, we are Brummies
You are wankers, yes you are, you are wankers, yes you are

ricohroar

Not sure if its been mentioned as not gone through all 11 pages but Cccccccooooooovvvvvvvveeennnnnttttrryyyyyyyyyyyy in a long echo like call fro the old west terrace even used to be used at the start of the then Mercia Sound football coverage show.

Wiseoldfool

I don't recall anybody mentioning to the tune of she'll be coming round the mountain.

We've got the best centre forward in the land,(repeated)
Singing Aye Aye Huddy Huddy Hud.

Wolves had a centre forward called Hughie McAmoyle which fitted a lot better.

Calista

Not sure if its been mentioned as not gone through all 11 pages but Cccccccooooooovvvvvvvveeennnnnttttrryyyyyyyyyyyy in a long echo like call fro the old west terrace even used to be used at the start of the then Mercia Sound football coverage show.
You're the third to mention it, and the spelling keeps getting longer and longer :)
It was a haunting chant that rang around the whole ground.

rob9872

I reckon it could still make a comeback next time we're winning at home
How shit must you be, we're winning at home ... 😀

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

AJB1983

Only really worked once he left us (and I can’t remember singing it while he was with us), but to Huckerby:
“Same old Darren, always offside”

and first season at Ricoh, when we went on a great home run (probably would only work that first season when teams played there the first time, and we went ahead)
“Welcome to the Ricoh, welcome to the Ricoh, a la la la”

Sky Blue Harry H

Tiswas/Swapshop, (in the West End) when there weren't many away fans to have banter with (or when the game was deadly dull)! Edit: if I scroll back through the thread, I've probably already mentioned this🤣

Gleneagles65

‘You’re going to get your fcuking heads kicked in’ sang at every away fans, at any ground in the 70’s if the away team took the lead.

Happy_Martian

Not heard those versions but after our pounding of Blackburn 5-2 in their back yard, the Cov fans exited Ewood Park singing "We all agree Quinny is better than Shearer" to the same tune :)

Covkid1968#

One of the most stressful 5 seconds going is when you bellow out the start of a song and there is that slight pause and silence when nobody joins in!! I haven’t started one for years and if I tried it in block one I’d be frowned at for disturbing people.

Users who are viewing this thread