So,when was that deal done? (1 Viewer)

Amcoventry

Big crowd and they get to watch such a load of crap, Great advertisement to come back again!

Paul Anthony

They can fume all they want. Doesn't matter to us. We got what we needed, Morecambe got what they needed.The other teams couldn't do what they needed to do either on the day or over the course of a season.

lifeskyblue

A bit of a dampener but don’t think the way we played will have any baring on the way we approach the notts county game. If anything a gentle ‘practice’ match will have hopefully set everyone up nicely: no injuries and no overly tired limbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

A bit of a dampener but don’t think the way we played will have any baring on the way we approach the notts county game. If anything a gentle ‘practice’ match will have hopefully set everyone up nicely: no injuries and no overly tired limbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what Shipley did injury wise, it was we on the far side to me so couldn’t tell

Chipfat

Maybe those who remarked about the Lincoln players performance might need remanding about what was said and see if they will excuse what would of been much worse gamesmanship today.

Now that said, fair play for getting in the play offs, lets see if we can finish the job. As for Barnet they will feel done by today, but the season is not one game or should you put yourselves in a position to rely on others.

D

Deleted member 4439

Maybe those who remarked about the Lincoln players performance might need remanding about what was said and see if they will excuse what would of been much worse gamesmanship today.

Now that said, fair play for getting in the play offs, lets see if we can finish the job. As for Barnet they will feel done by today, but the season is not one game or should you put yourselves in a position to rely on others.

Nope, lincoln was far worse. We had a number of shots on target today, and it was morcombe that took the lead in playing it across their full backs. Cant believe some of the reaction here - way over the top.

hill83

Nope, lincoln was far worse. We had a number of shots on target today, and it was morcombe that took the lead in playing it across their full backs. Cant believe some of the reaction here - way over the top.

The Coventry way is to be a whinging moaning bastard and I’m pretty sure people were expecting us to fuck it up so we could have a lovely whinge and a moan. Well we didn’t fuck it up so anything to moan about will do.

And I fully appreciate I’m moaning myself now as well.

Chipfat

Lincoln were far worse!!!, they beat us fair and square, ref had added the time and its our fault we let them control the game. I think what the two teams did today will be looked a lot differently from an outside point of view and definitely from a Barnet one.

But look i didn't care about what Lincoln did and i don't really care what the players did today, both got the result they wanted before a whistle was blown. Onwards and upwards.

D

Deleted member 4439

CWR tonight has got me steaming for the first time I can think of - the number of callers on the radio that I don't think I've heard before are simply taking dangerous shite. Wonder how many of them have been up this season before today.

D

Deleted member 4439

Lincoln were far worse!!!, they beat us fair and square, ref had added the time and its our fault we let them control the game. I think what the two teams did today will be looked a lot differently from an outside point of view and definitely from a Barnet one.

But look i didn't care about what Lincoln did and i don't really care what the players did today, both got the result they wanted before a whistle was blown. Onwards and upwards.

Sorry, simply disagree.

Amcoventry

We finished in the top 6 for the first time in 45 off years. Couldn't give a toss how we did it. Those saying they are embarrassed and ashamed, get a grip!!

Div 4. First time we have been in this in 45 years, how embarrasing

Evo1883

Their keeper did pull off an outstanding save early on , but yes second half felt like they just settled for the point

PVA

If it was good enough for Jimmy Hill (in fact what he did was worse) then its good enough for us now.

Mucca Mad Boys

We started the first 15m out of the blocks and we went into it going for the jugular... we had a couple of decent chances and their GK made two good saves.

But, Lincoln and Mansfield going 1-0 down, we were in a position where even a win changed nothing for us, we’d still have been behind Notts County on GD.

Draw served both teams well, so both teams backed off...

Terry_dactyl

We would get to their goal and go back to our defence.

We needed a win for momentum

Corbyn supports arsenal.

Seriously though, the one thing we haven’t been this season is consistent. If we were we wouldn’t be relying on playoffs to get us out this division. I therefore don’t buy the notion that we’d win today and that would somehow propell us on to win the next 3 games...or something.
It’s a bit of a lottery from here on in. Getting a result in the first leg is all that matters now. Then after that it’s getting a result at meadow lane...etc.

vow

Couldn't give a shiny shite how we got there, but we made the play-offs and all to play for now on.
I believe nervousness got the better of some fans today, hence the booing and to play the ball "forward".
We got the result we needed, bring on Notts County!

Otis

Their keeper did pull off an outstanding save early on , but yes second half felt like they just settled for the point
Sums it up perfectly.

Some of the reaction from some fans is all a bit laughable.

We did try to win the game. After about 65-70 mins it all fizzled out. Morecambe then showed no intent at all and we looked very tired. We certainly didn't try hard enough after the 65th minute. We looked rather jaded and went into cautious mode.

Their keeper made 3 saves, one of which was a very good save. There was also a great cross that JCH made a complete pigs ear of. If he had jumped as he should have he would almost certainly have scored.

Let's not make out there was a gentleman's agreement pre-game. It all seemed to fizz out with about 20 mins to go, when Morecambe were clearly happy to hang on to what they had got. Some City players were still trying to get a goal though. Bayliss, Grimmer, McNulty and Doyle were all trying to go forwards when they could.

Reid however, seemingly had absolutley no intent to take the ball forwards at all.

I do hope the FL watch the footage. They would clearly see there was nothing amiss. This was absolutely nowt like the Bristol match at all, where we were actually passing to the opposition back and forth.

D

Deleted member 4439

Sums it up perfectly.

Some of the reaction from some fans is all a bit laughable.

We did try to win the game. After about 65-70 mins it all fizzled out. Morecambe then showed no intent at all and we looked very tired. We certainly didn't try hard enough after the 65th minute.

Their keeper made 3 saves, one of which was a very good save. There was also a great cross that JCH made a complete pigs ear of. If he had jumped as he should have he would almost certainly have scored.

Let's not make out there was a gentleman's agreement pre-game. It all seemed to fizz out with about 20 mins to go, when Morecambe were clearly happy to hang on to what they had got. Some City players were still trying to get a goal though. Bayliss, Grimmer, McNulty and Doyle were all trying to go forwards when they could.

Reid however, seemingly had absolutley no intent to take the ball forwards at all.

I do hope the FL watch the footage. They would clearly see there was nothing amiss. This was absolutely nowt like the Bristol match at all, where we were actually passing to the opposition back and forth.

Otis, every bit of that spot on. Yes of course both teams were happy to play out the last 15-20 mins, as I believe most teams would. But to claim anything more than this is plainly ridiculous. The way some of our 'fans' have reacted does us no favours.

chiefdave

Their keeper made a blinding save in the first half, wouldn’t need to do that if there was some agreement in place.

Stokes was spot on when interviewed. If they’d have kept pushing and got caught on the break, lost and missed out on the playoffs people would be going crazy.

They sat back and the longer the game went on the less we committed to goi g forward. Was always going to happen.

Mucca Mad Boys

Their keeper made a blinding save in the first half, wouldn’t need to do that if there was some agreement in place.

Stokes was spot on when interviewed. If they’d have kept pushing and got caught on the break, lost and missed out on the playoffs people would be going crazy.

They sat back and the longer the game went on the less we committed to goi g forward. Was always going to happen.

Correct. Neither team had anything to gain by going all out attack. The worst case scenario for us playing the game out was Lincoln winning 2-1 and leapfrogging us so we’d have to play Exeter... Neither Lincoln or Mansfield were winning, and Notts were drawing meaning even if we did score and eventually won, it’d have 0 impact but for sending Morecambe down...

Their GK made two good saves to deny Doyle and JCH, either of those go in and it’s a completely different game. As Morecambe would need to attack for an equaliser or vice versa.

steveo1987

It was a fairly simple request...I just wanted a goal.
When the second half started there was no doubt that something was "agreed"

Users who are viewing this thread