So , what do we all reckon for 2017/18 season ? (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Promotion ? Relegation ?? A good free flowing team on the pitch , playing with guile n' vigour ???

Personally , I suspect we'll see - An average start to the season . ie many draws , close 1 nil wins or losses either way , a mini winning run here n' there . as mid season approaches , we'll be doing okay-ish .maybe , top 11 . come February , I suspect we'll see a tail off to the season . possibly a 15th place finish , Robins will be gone by February , I also suspect this will be CCFC final year at the Ricoh whilst SISU remain . leaving CCFC to become lodgers at another ground . however , I do feel IF the club is not dissolved , by SISU and , new owners do arrive ... The owners of the Ricoh , will invite CCFC back ... Just my opinion . Good Luck to all CCFC fans everywhere for the season ahead PUSB.

mark82

Playoffs, hopefully pushing top 3. Anything less is failure. As you allude to in the OP the biggest concern is what happens at the end of the season. A successful season with good crowds could be the catalyst for staying at the Ricoh (can only hope).

ccfcway

solid enough start, decent run in Oct and Nov, resulting in top 6 by Xmas.

New year slump and end up 12th, just inside the top half.

No word of ricoh extension at all throughout the whole season and protests will start around Feb time

Fergusons_Beard

Promotion ? Relegation ?? A good free flowing team on the pitch , playing with guile n' vigour ???

Personally , I suspect we'll see - An average start to the season . ie many draws , close 1 nil wins or losses either way , a mini winning run here n' there . as mid season approaches , we'll be doing okay-ish .maybe , top 11 . come February , I suspect we'll see a tail off to the season . possibly a 15th place finish , Robins will be gone by February , I also suspect this will be CCFC final year at the Ricoh whilst SISU remain . leaving CCFC to become lodgers at another ground . however , I do feel IF the club is not dissolved , by SISU and , new owners do arrive ... The owners of the Ricoh , will invite CCFC back ... Just my opinion . Good Luck to all CCFC fans everywhere for the season ahead PUSB.

Fooking Hell Bob-I may as well slit my wrists now....

Honestly far more optimistic of a successful season than your good self.

Can see us going on a long unbeaten run till October with a mini slump over Christmas and then a final push in Late Feb 2018 before we crowned champions 3 weeks before season ends.

PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skybluetony176

I'm not expecting it to be a stroll in the park. Not expecting relegation but my gut is telling me that automatic is probably a step to far and playoffs will be a challenge.

Hopefully I'm proved 100% wrong though.

higgs

Recon we will be hard to beat won't score many but will have a lot of hard fought 1-0 wins. We have leaders but not much flare so grinding out results

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not expecting it to be a stroll in the park. Not expecting relegation but my gut is telling me that automatic is probably a step to far and playoffs will be a challenge.

Hopefully I'm proved 100% wrong though.
I am hoping that it is a stroll in the park, that we start at the top and that we stay there establishing an invincible lead. What the reality will be I think everyone is guessing. For a club of our stature and still with the support that we have, I find it hard to see how we can't be at the top. I felt like this after the previous relegations though. Surely this time has to be different?
I don't know any of our signings except Doyle but I would trust in Robins to put a good team together. I am a bit disappointed that the centre forward (much better label for the position than striker) he was hoping to sign hasn't arrived yet. As there have been no more signings since he said he hoped to bring in more players and that loans are now being mentioned, I wonder if the budget he was given is running thin.

Ashdown

I rate Robins, think he knows what it takes but the owners have oversaw a decline in budget again. We SHOULD be competing in this League, anything else is abject failure. Are we physically strong enough and has the squad any strength in depth ? A good start is essential, some fans may return and boost the coffers and the away following will be second to none for this division. If we flop though for the first month, God help us as fans won't pay those unrealistic match day prices to watch a poor team and tolerate all the other off the field rubbish.
Lets hope for the best and new owners by Christmas !

steve82

A inconsistent start I predict, some good wins and silly loses early on and a likely mid table position by late September. Which will likely frustrate a section of the fan base when we're 7 points off the automatic positions.

It's at this point I predict us to hit some form having a good October, November, December setting up a good festive period when things start to look promising.

Final prediction is we gain a place in the playoffs come may...just taking 6/7th place.

O'Brien, Kelly and Biamou being the stand out players of the season

harvey098

Mid table at best. Defence will be ok but we won't score many.

I like Robins and think he's the best man for the job but don't think the attacking / creative side of the squad is strong enough. Going to be a long season.

chiefdave

Mid table. I can't see us being bad enough to be in any serious danger of going down. At the same time how many times have we heard the 'we'll go straight back up' line. Experience tells us it doesn't happen.

Great_Expectations

We will gain promotion, however Robins is key to achieving that.

He got a poor side, the same side that got us relegated, playing well and winning games. This summer he has been able to bring his players in and had a whole pre season to gel the team and impress upon them his tactics and vision.

Being a "big name" team means nothing in reality, however I hope it's motivation to the players and staff to be the team who everyone fears.

I predict we'll start slowly but built momentum and have the same feeling we all had the first half of two seasons ago. Only this time it'll continue to the end.

steve82

I've said it before and will say it again. Anything but promotion is catastrophic failure.

I understand your point of view to a degree but the question I have is what gives us anymore right to promotion over Port Vale, Chesterfield and Swindon? Lincoln, Mansfield, Luton, Notts county?

They will be sat on there forums saying the same, anything other than promotion is a catastrophic failure too no doubt.

Last edited:

ccfcway

I've said it before and will say it again. Anything but promotion is catastrophic failure.

not sure I agree. We are running at break even financially, and talk that we have a top 8 budget, so we should be challenging for play offs.

Anything more is overachieving, anything less is a failure.

skybluetony176

not sure I agree. We are running at break even financially, and talk that we have a top 8 budget, so we should be challenging for play offs.

Anything more is overachieving, anything less is a failure.

And you also have to remember who said we have a top 8 budget. Given who that was it could be just that. Talk.

Hobo

Just hope we make some steady progress. I hope our best form comes at the later stages of the season.

shmmeee

Slow start, build some steam coming into December, top 6 in the New Year, top 3 by end of the season.

Or 17th.

One or the other.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not too sure at all, will be able to tell about 5 games in how we are settling against l2 opposition

I still think 4th to 10th

Paxman II

Pretty tough to predict tbf. But I said before anything other than promotion is failure now for this football club. We have a decent manager by all accounts and have had an early opportunity to secure players and settle them in. While playing at the Ricoh still there will be teams visiting with extra energy to do well at the best ground many of them have ever played in. Could be tricky in that respect. But we have some talent in our squad for a L2 side and should be too strong for most. The only concern for me is a striker. Hoping one will come good when the time comes.

CovBurty

We just have to get out first season. So I'm praying for top 3. If it doesn't happen Robins will go and recent history gives you all an idea where we go from another failure. Because we are a failing club. Nothing else than top 3. So I'm going for promotion. Let's see what Robins can achieve. Good luck to him.

Users who are viewing this thread