So, how are people getting their football fix this season? (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Mine starts tonight at the Bob Lucas Stadium - Weymouth vs Frome Town in the Southern Premier Division.

This will be the first time in a few seasons that I have had much interest in my local side. Well done SISU, you have boosted the attendance tonight by 1.

Come On You Terras!

Voice_of_Reason

Mine starts tonight at the Bob Lucas Stadium - Weymouth vs Frome Town in the Southern Premier Division.

This will be the first time in a few seasons that I have had much interest in my local side. Well done SISU, you have boosted the attendance tonight by 1.

When Sky Blues are at "home" (joke!) - I'll go and watch either Forest Green Rovers or Cheltenham Town
Come On You Terras!

covcity4life

Come On You Terras!

have you moved? i only ask because if your local team has always been weymouth why the fuck r u on a cov forum?

ajsccfc

I'm not replacing it with anything to be honest. I get to watch the idiots on Sky Sports watching games we can't see though instead, so there's always that.

ccfcway

I'm not replacing it with anything to be honest. I get to watch the idiots on Sky Sports watching games we can't see though instead, so there's always that.

When i'm not at Cov games, i love soccer saturday. get a bet on goals galore and listen to sky blues player...

This season, its just the commentary on ccfc.co.uk for me, as I aint paying for player...

Soccer Sat is a bizarre premise really. Watching people watching something. Imagine watching someone watching Eastenders and telling you Ian Beales cafe has just made a chip butty

ajsccfc

For away games I'd have the radio on and then play FIFA on mute which would have become the home game ritual this season too - now I'm long bored of FIFA and Mercia appear to have lost the games (or moved them to some station I can't pick up) so I don't even have Dave Bennett's ace cheerleading. What a crap season this is.

ajsccfc

This season, its just the commentary on ccfc.co.uk for me, as I aint paying for player...

I think someone on here was saying that you can get around a boycott of Sky Blue player by subscribing to the same thing but through a different team, apparently you get access to the whole network that way so can still listen to Cov games.

torchomatic

I'm not doing home or away this season and will only see CCFC if they return to the Ricoh. In the meantime I'll watch Sky, BT Sports - just got it free with Virginmedia - and I may go and see Leamington and Racing Warwick occasionally.

ccfcway

I think someone on here was saying that you can get around a boycott of Sky Blue player by subscribing to the same thing but through a different team, apparently you get access to the whole network that way so can still listen to Cov games.

to be honest, i find the text commentary quite comprehensive and quite like the interaction of fans posting at the same time. Keep the sound down on that and watch soccer sat.

SuperCov

I even think some of the videos are up on YouTube. I watched a training one last night.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

skybluelee

have you moved? i only ask because if your local team has always been weymouth why the fuck r u on a cov forum?

Because I'm a glory supporter, clearly...

Moved down when I was four. My dad brainwashed me in Dec 1983 with the assurance that Coventry were better than Liverpool, and then proceeded to 'prove' it with MOTD footage from Highfield Road. We're still not talking.

chiefdave

I live by Fratton Park but the thought of paying £20 for League 2 football puts me off. Thought about taking in a few Saints games but their tickets are £32 - £50 a go so I might give that a miss as well. England games at Wembley and some of our away games will do for some. Will probably end up watching more games on Sky.

Nick

Administrator
Not going to bother, I don't support any other teams so not that fussed about watching them.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've been to watch a couple of games at Newport (Isle of Wight). They're in the Wessex League Premier Division. Enjoyed the games so far. Average gate: 120 - 140 :) Cost of ticket £6
http://www.newport-iwfc.com/ (for those that are interested)

Manchester_sky_blue

So far I have been to a couple of Glossop North End games, 1 pre-season friendly and 1 league game as they are my closest semi-pro team. http://www.glossopnorthend.co.uk/

Also planning to go and watch Stalybridge Celtic at some point. No doubt I will take in a few Rochdale games as I do most seasons and will get to a few Cov away games of course.

skybluelee

Us hardy Dorset Sky Blues are screwed for local games since Bournemouth and Yeovil went up.

I will definitely be at Bristol City and hopefully Swindon. Hoping for some close by cup games.

NuneatonSkyBlue

Ive started watching the boro this season, i still keep an eye on the cov games and plan on going a few aways games when i can.

johnb

Planning on going to more than my usual five or six away games. Really enjoyed Carlisle away and have just received my Shrewesbury ticket.

nopm

Sky Blue Harry H

Sad as it sounds - its this forum that's doing it for me - I think it's because I can empathise with a lot of other fans feelings, and know that a lot are going through similar emotions to me, whereas my other half - well, we could win 12 on the trot or lose 12 on the trot and it doesn't even register in her world (bless her!), so I can't share the ups and downs of being a City fan with her. My lad's only 7, so I can work on him slowly (but want to wait for SISU to do one first). PUSB ;)

ccfc_Tom

Luckily had 2 charity matches so far the ricoh one and lloyd mcgraths, but am fucked unless theres some more cov related £2 charity matches haha!(wish i could go to some away games but just cant afford)

Skyblueweeman

I live by Fratton Park but the thought of paying £20 for League 2 football puts me off. Thought about taking in a few Saints games but their tickets are £32 - £50 a go so I might give that a miss as well. England games at Wembley and some of our away games will do for some. Will probably end up watching more games on Sky.

I live near Pompey...thinking of going to see Liam Daishs old club, Havant and Waterlooville. Wouldn't venture near Fratton Park!

Johnnythespider

Went to Crawley, can't make Shrews due to a family do, so some away days and BT sports which has just been added to my virgin package for free. Hoping for a miracle and watching the team at the ricoh.

skybluetony176

rugby town at butlin rd

and the legends match at the ricoh was possibly the most enjoyable match I've watched in a long time and a very very sad occasion at the same time, except for watching noel Whelan bust his gurdle for his 1st goal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread