Smith/McBean (1 Viewer)

Samo

I know this has been touched upon elsewhere but can anyone enlighten me?
TM turns down Kane Smith who he admits is going to be a good player because we need to sign players who ''will have an immediate impact on the team''
He then signs Jack McBean, using up a valuable loan space to play him in the under 21's
Does that make any sense to anyone?

Martin180

Wouldn't be surprised to see McBean play midweek

Could his signing be part of a long term link up with LA Galaxy ?

Gaz71

There is no limit to the loan spaces, you can have 10 loans, it's just 6 in the match day squad.

rupert_bear

That just illustrates the state we are in Mowbray's comment about Smith tells me he would of taken him but for money restraints, I would guess he wouldn't have cost a lot, we need a right back too

Grendel

That just illustrates the state we are in Mowbray's comment about Smith tells me he would of taken him but for money restraints, I would guess he wouldn't have cost a lot, we need a right back too

Mowbray said the reason we didn't sign him is because we don't need a right back.

dongonzalos

He said Smith is a good player but would need a year in the under 21's. He will cost a transfer fee so the money has to be spent on instant first teamers instead.
He said Smith will have a good career ahead of him.

Grendel

Oh so we replaced Aarron Phillips with...emm ?? Maybe there's a kid in the wings but I ain't clocked him yet.

Mowbray quoted DKE Willis and rose so according to him we have that position covered.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Main thing with Smith is that he would cost a transfer fee...

Mogga wants to use that else where

Hitchin have high hopes so I'm sure a % of a sale & couple of quid on appearance based fees etc may have sufficed, from what I've heard about him he would have been worth bringing in.

Last edited:

Samo

There is no limit to the loan spaces, you can have 10 loans, it's just 6 in the match day squad.

Obviously there must be some intention of him threatening the first team at some point or why bother with him at all? Why develop someone else's player for 6 months?

higgs

Joe cole Ashley Cole and steven gerrard on loan pls

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

oucho

Mowbray quoted DKE Willis and rose so according to him we have that position covered.

Expect a couple more of games to go by then we'll move to a back 4 formation, and all of a sudden we'll be short of cover at RB !!

Gaz

I must admit I do find it odd that the reason we didn't sign him was because we didn't need a right back.
If that's the case then I don't understand why we gave him a trial :bored:

Hobo

I know this has been touched upon elsewhere but can anyone enlighten me?
TM turns down Kane Smith who he admits is going to be a good player because we need to sign players who ''will have an immediate impact on the team''
He then signs Jack McBean, using up a valuable loan space to play him in the under 21's
Does that make any sense to anyone?

Smith wasn't on offer as a loan though was he. We would have to commit to buying him. McBean might not cost us hardly anything as Galaxy might be paying his wages.

stupot07

Not sure why some are moaning about not signing Smith. Mowbray had a look at him, said he wasnt ready for the first team and didn't want to bring him in to develop. He said the same about the German winger we had on trial. Really we need someone who can potentially come straight in (e.g. like stokes did), and then DKE is the development player in that position.

Also we aren't the only league one club who's had a look at him and decided not to sign him. Hope he finds a club willing to take a punt on him. Good luck to the lad.

I do agree the mcbean thing is a bit odd. Is here to develop and just bolster the u21s or is he here with a view to a permanent and to push into the first team?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Not saying Smith was the answer but we do need a right back don't care what the manager says

I'm sure a keyboard warrior is in a much better position to evaluate than an experienced and qualified manager who works with the squad on a day-to-basis.

***thumbs up***

Users who are viewing this thread