#SkyBlueFightingFund - Would you pledge £1K to buy the club? (1 Viewer)

Would you donate £1K to the #SkyBlueFighting fund to go into the Sky Blue Trust's coffers to be used in the critical event that a bid of part or full ownership was needed?

Portsmouth fans paid £1k each. I know the club isn't for sale at this time, well at least not the part of the club worth having, but I feel this campaign is now more positive and more productive than #NotOnePennyMore. Or if you do follow NOPM, surety the end goal of it is to force SISU out, so wouldn't you rather the Trust be there, ready and with capital to get involved?

Would be great if you use Twitter to see your pledges on there; but failing that please post them on here.

deanocity3

an account should be opened up with Coventry Building Society, for people to put money in, 'Coventry City Fighting Fund '
pay what you can
6,000 paying £20(match day ticket)=£120,000
doesn't take much if we pay our home ticket to the fund instead of sisu.

The Sky Blue Trust have confirmed their account (share allocation scheme) is fully set-up and ready to go.

I think for it to be serious we need pledges of £1K at this point to measure the fan base commitment to the fund. I'm sure lesser donations would be accepted. And I know there are people in Otis' situation who would like to donate but don't have the finances at present.

Running total thus far is £2K.

Nick

Administrator
It would really depend on the plans and the end game before I handed a grand over!

stupot07

I don't have a grand and if I did I've got a list of things that need doing to my house and I can't see my wife agreeing to hand over £1k to the trust

Last edited:

ohitsaidwalker king power

In these kind of situations I am always fearful of George Orwell's prophecy re "some animals being more equal than others..." becoming the sad truth.

Sutty

How would I know my money isn't just going to go towards printing flyers for 12 people to go and push through the door of SISU HQ?

I'd need to see a far more professional approach by the Trust before I gave them any hefty sum of money. At the moment they're nothing more than a SISU out protest group, not a group with any real direction as to what sort of influence they'd like at the club.

Worst thing that ever happened to the Trust was Jan being sidelined.

SuperCov

I kinda mentioned something along the lines of us owning ricoh last week. I think its the way we need to go down, fan ownership.

I'm not a member of the trust as I felt it was a 'SISU out' kinda trust, it has to be impartial and have CCFC's interests at heart, more like keep Coventry in Coventry.

Some ideas anywhoo...

How about donations at season
ticket prices?

Or those that subscribe to the NOPM, the money they'd spend on watching the City this season etc?

Play Up Sky Blues

Sent using Tapatalk 2

deanocity3

I kinda mentioned something along the lines of us owning ricoh last week. I think its the way we need to go down, fan ownership.

I'm not a member of the trust as I felt it was a 'SISU out' kinda trust, it has to be impartial and have CCFC's interests at heart, more like keep Coventry in Coventry.

Some ideas anywhoo...

How about donations at season
ticket prices?

Or those that subscribe to the NOPM, the money they'd spend on watching the City this season etc?

Play Up Sky Blues

Sent using Tapatalk 2

i'm with you here, did you read my thread

covpete

I think fund raising events are the way forward, maybe even people collecting in the town centre. More chance of 1000 people paying a pound in one day than one person handing over £1000 IMO

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd want to know who the money-release signatories are first! Also would like to see a full constitution and rules. Who would be on the Committee?
Yeah, right. Here's a grand mate. Do what you want with it!

Marty

just above yours ,better to have 6,000 paying £20 as on match days =£120,000
if people donate the amount they would have paid to watch the match to a fund, we would have more cash.

I'd prefer this. 1,000 is a lot of money in one lump sum. £20 every few weeks is nothing.

SuperCov

just above yours ,better to have 6,000 paying £20 as on match days =£120,000
if people donate the amount they would have paid to watch the match to a fund, we would have more cash.

Ah yes, sorry. I thought you meant a new topic thread. Lol.

I also meant shirt sales etc in mine but yes I agree with you. I remember working with a Watford fan years ago and remember him saying the club needed to pay £100,000 for something (could've been to prevent admin?), I said how many fans do you get there 20K? If they all paid a fiver each, jobs done. :)

BackRoomRummermill

I would go 500 , I suspect it would sit easier than a grand for most even easier if done by installments

would need to see the business plan though

Stafford_SkBlue

Yes I would pledge 1k, if there is a serious attempt to gain ownership via the supporters, not sure I would just hand it over to the trust for a fighting fund.

torchomatic

Ah, but that was the Not One Penny More Campaign people who did that, wasn't it? Or was it Keep Cov In Cov? Or Sky Blue Trust? And there we have our first problem. Would they want a grand each?

How would I know my money isn't just going to go towards printing flyers for 12 people to go and push through the door of SISU HQ?

Put the mis-trust in the Trust to one side. Assume the money goes into an account which is solely for the use of purchasing a stake in Coventry City Football Club. This is a discussion about a concept and the details would need to be discussed at the Trust AGM. Clarification and assurances over the money would follow.

Like I said, this is for pledges of £1,000 as this is what Portsmouth, a similar sized football club accrued. You can divide numbers up how you like but that is just adding unnecessary conversation and increasing the required number of pledges beyond those in reach of this currently online campaign.

So please take the question at face value. Would you invest £1,000 of your own money to go towards purchasing CCFC using the Sky Blue Trust as the vehicle?

torchomatic

I don't have a grand to spare, but if I did, probably not.

CJ_covblaze

I'd need to see a far more professional approach by the Trust before I gave them any hefty sum of money. At the moment they're nothing more than a SISU out protest group, not a group with any real direction as to what sort of influence they'd like at the club.

Worst thing that ever happened to the Trust was Jan being sidelined.

Firstly thanks for the feedback guys. The rule change at the AGM a couple of months back was to allow us to issue Community Shares if and when the time comes. It's something we discuss regularly.

Sutty can I ask what you mean about Jan being sidelined? He has been in the local and national media over a dozen times in the last couple of days representing the Trust! Also someone on our board owns a printing company so I shouldn't worry about that side of things!

L

longjohnskyblue

This was the fabled fighting fund they raised from day one, and wasted on that ridiculous blue mannequin and professionally made banners! Wouldn't "trust" these fellows with a pound yet alone 1k. Why are they only trying to raise funds now? Surely they should have been fundraising from day one! Instead they concentrated on increasing their membership. Swansea & Pompey took years to get the money. If they had any intention of buying the club they should have been fundraising from day one!

Too little too late. Seems they will go the way of the SOC

Flying Fokker

I'll keep my money for the time being. The animal farm quote is spot on. And in my view there has to be a hierarchy in any set up. So the bloke who invests 200k compared to my 20k is bound to want a greater influence that anyone below him. Can't think of one good reason why anyone would put up their hard earned cash in to something like this. Many will have to earn £1400 before that 1000 sees the light of day anyway.

L

longjohnskyblue

Put the mis-trust in the Trust to one side. Assume the money goes into an account which is solely for the use of purchasing a stake in Coventry City Football Club. This is a discussion about a concept and the details would need to be discussed at the Trust AGM. Clarification and assurances over the money would follow.

Like I said, this is for pledges of £1,000 as this is what Portsmouth, a similar sized football club accrued. You can divide numbers up how you like but that is just adding unnecessary conversation and increasing the required number of pledges beyond those in reach of this currently online campaign.

So please take the question at face value. Would you invest £1,000 of your own money to go towards purchasing CCFC using the Sky Blue Trust as the vehicle?

Absolutely not! And clearly virtually no one else will either. End of the road for the trust?

TurkeyTrot

This was the fabled fighting fund they raised from day one, and wasted on that ridiculous blue mannequin and professionally made banners! Wouldn't "trust" these fellows with a pound yet alone 1k. Why are they only trying to raise funds now? Surely they should have been fundraising from day one! Instead they concentrated on increasing their membership. Swansea & Pompey took years to get the money. If they had any intention of buying the club they should have been fundraising from day one!

Too little too late. Seems they will go the way of the SOC

Seeing as though you know so much can you tell me how much was spent on the mannequin and the professional made banners?

Users who are viewing this thread