Striker nonsense

oh well

Alkhen

Are the guys on here?

Set piece nonsense
Keeper nonsense
Striker nonsense

oh well
I don't mind them, more Coventry related content I can consume the better.

Sort of agree with them about letting Simms have a proper run, its the only way to get him firing.

But does feel like that one member of the pod (I forget names) definitely has a weird thing about any keeper we have, Praises kicking and shot stopping one minute then says we can do better as he doesn't catch enough... Thats just championship Goalkeepers im afraid, they all have a weakness or they wouldn't be here

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Are the guys on here?

Set piece nonsense
Keeper nonsense
Striker nonsense

oh well
Such an odd group for a podcast. One literally never goes to games and has ridiculously strong opinions. One literally can't stop talking. One just reads out stats and offers absolutely nothing to go alongside it apart from 'Yeah, good amount of shots that is'. The two actual main presenters I wanna say David and I think there's a second Ross, (definitely not the one who can't stop talking) who are decent enough and actually come across fairly professional. They're considerably better than the rest. I gave up listening a good while back. I still see their annoying social media posts of 'What did you make of (X) today?' when a player has a fairly poor game and they're just waiting for people to jump on it and slate them for engagements. Rank.

Sky Blue Pete

Not listened since last season, but just remember how unlikable they came across.
I like listening and it’s entertaining to hear others opinions but the nonsense being spouted about set pieces, the keepers and the strikers was bizarre

Just wondered if they were on here to have a discussion

We never score from corners and then they found we were 5th in the championship for goals scored and they wondered if that included penalties!!!!!!

Need a much better keeper as Collins parries too much even though he is right at the top of the figures for the league for saved xg. Don’t get me wrong there’s very few positions (if any) that we can’t improve on. Maybe mve.

Then staying as fact simms isn’t getting a run cause godden whinged about not playing

Also questioning robins playing 5 at the back but not in a kind of he knows best way but they know best

The other one was wilson being at fault for the equaliser when you can clearly see the shot is going where he moves to but then there’s a deflection that completely wrong foots him. Don’t get me wrong it looks like he doesn’t dive but there’s enough on the deflection

it’s as if they want to comment in detail but can’t be arsed to inform those opinions

As I say I really like listening to all things Coventry and football so it’s fine and maybe that’s what they want to prompt different opinions

Last edited:

cooperskyblue

Such an odd group for a podcast. One literally never goes to games and has ridiculously strong opinions. One literally can't stop talking. One just reads out stats and offers absolutely nothing to go alongside it apart from 'Yeah, good amount of shots that is'. The two actual main presenters I wanna say David and I think there's a second Ross, (definitely not the one who can't stop talking) who are decent enough and actually come across fairly professional. They're considerably better than the rest. I gave up listening a good while back. I still see their annoying social media posts of 'What did you make of (X) today?' when a player has a fairly poor game and they're just waiting for people to jump on it and slate them for engagements. Rank.
Well I'm one of the Ross' on the pod. (Hopefully the 'fairly decent' one) haha
I also host the Tavern Meet the Player events if you've ever been to one of them.

I'm not on the SBE Pod every week obviously and so whose on does vary. I don't agree with all opinions either and if I'm on I will always challenge. I don't agree with Dean about Collins. And if I am on I vocalise that.

We want to try and keep improving the pod any feedback is greatly received as, an actor as my job, ultimately producing an engaging, professional content is what I want to provide and the rest of the team know that. Ever since I joined a few seasons ago.

Any ideas on content etc I'm open to.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I also host the Tavern Meet the Player events if you've ever been to one of them.

I'm not on the SBE Pod every week obviously and so whose on does vary. I don't agree with all opinions either and if I'm on I will always challenge. I don't agree with Dean about Collins. And if I am on I vocalise that.

We want to try and keep improving the pod any feedback is greatly received as, an actor as my job, ultimately producing an engaging, professional content is what I want to provide and the rest of the team know that. Ever since I joined a few seasons ago.

I can tell from that response, you are definitely the good Ross. I also assumed that both yourself or David must work in some kind of presenting profession so being an actor makes sense (y)

pusbccfc

Really enjoy it. So much better since they mixed the presenters up.

Sky Blue Pete

I’m sorry
Thanks for responding
I suppose it was the Wilson deflection and the set piece stuff
No suggestions for changing it just to encourage presenters to be all over the detail and inform themselves and arm themselves with evidence and data.
Then as you say it’s all about opinions and they are subjective and often given to elicit a response

tskezz

I still see their annoying social media posts of 'What did you make of (X) today?'

Yeah, the social stuff put me off a bit. All seems a bit too how to build numbers for money rather than doing an actual fan podcast. That sort of stuff is normally followed by a 'Buy our merch' period.

cooperskyblue

I’m sorry
Thanks for responding
I suppose it was the Wilson deflection and the set piece stuff
No suggestions for changing it just to encourage presenters to be all over the detail and inform themselves and arm themselves with evidence and data.
Then as you say it’s all about opinions and they are subjective and often given to elicit a response
Don't apologise.
We are all fans and there are always differing opinions. I'm sure there are some weeks where whoever is on the pods opinions will unanimously match with yours and other weeks not so much.

But whenever I'm on I try and promote a good debate and I guess that is what it is all about.

We mix up who is on to try and keep it fresh.

ms639

Absolutely love their podcast, a great listen IMO.

The one exception to that is Ross Spence. Bloke has never heard the phrase less is more, rambles and rambles and rambles.

Thinks he’s predicted everything on Twitter ‘I said on Twitter blah blah blah’

When he’s not on it’s fantastic I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Yeah, the social stuff put me off a bit. All seems a bit too how to build numbers for money rather than doing an actual fan podcast. That sort of stuff is normally followed by a 'Buy our merch' period.

There's no way they make much from it surely? Maybe enough for a pint at a game.

SuperFred

They also seem desperate to be seen at ITK on twitter. "We told you!!!!!" After every signing when they get it from the same places as everyone

D_Boult

I enjoy the podcast immensely. Probably my favourite and by far the most 'professional' sounding. Also miss the Nii's, especially Pauls droll comments about 'neck stamping'. People will always have presenters they don't like, me included. But if you think you could so better, then do it.

But anyone thats putting out content for little return and making huge efforts deserves support. So thank you Extra Team. It's much appreciated and I always look forward to it.

Absolutely love their podcast, a great listen IMO.

The one exception to that is Ross Spence. Bloke has never heard the phrase less is more, rambles and rambles and rambles.

Thinks he’s predicted everything on Twitter ‘I said on Twitter blah blah blah’

When he’s not on it’s fantastic I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello ms639 I am the Ross Spence who "rambles and rambles and rambles", thank you for your feedback on my views on the pod and I will echo Ross Cooper on saying we are always open to feedback.

When I relate to my twitter posts when speaking it's because I like to relay the fact I am not posting one thing on social media and saying a completely other thing when speaking on the pod which I hope you understand.

As mentioned you are entitled to your opinion but every opinion I give is justified from myself and ones I stand by, wether that be defending Haji Wright throughout the whole season and saying he will become good for the club or wether that be my opinion of Ben Wilson not being a good enough no1 goalkeeper for where we want to be as a football club I stand by these opinions.

Regarding the phrase "less is more", unfortunately I am a talker in general wether that be in work, on the pod or even in our group chat we have ask any of them I ramble on!

But as mentioned the feedback is appreciated from all sky blues fans. PUSB.

pusbccfc

I enjoy the podcast immensely. Probably my favourite and by far the most 'professional' sounding. Also miss the Nii's, especially Pauls droll comments about 'neck stamping'. People will always have presenters they don't like, me included. But if you think you could so better, then do it.

But anyone thats putting out content for little return and making huge efforts deserves support. So thank you Extra Team. It's much appreciated and I always look forward to it.

Used to love how negative Knowl was.

I enjoy all of them tbh. I think each of the 4 or so pods are very different. The BBC one is fine. It's different, if anything. Interesting to see how they've gone for a live format on Mondays. Maybe a cheap/free way of getting fans to run an hour show with Clive.

I'm not convinced Eakin is enjoying it though. Seems to be too much 'banter' and not formal enough for him.

tskezz

There's no way they make much from it surely? Maybe enough for a pint at a game.
No idea just seemed very much the same tactics as all those other shite twitter accounts like 'footy away days' and the likes. They post pointless questions on social media like "did you ever watch a game at Highfield road?" or "did you ever see Huckerby play?" so people reply. And then re uploading of videos and pictures from other accounts but never retweeting so they get the engagements. Just stinks of someone with a media degree hoping to get sponsored by Manscaped or Beer52

pusbccfc

No idea just seemed very much the same tactics as all those other shite twitter accounts like 'footy away days' and the likes. They post pointless questions on social media like "did you ever watch a game at Highfield road?" or "did you ever see Huckerby play?" so people reply. And then re uploading of videos and pictures from other accounts but never retweeting so they get the engagements. Just stinks of someone with a media degree hoping to get sponsored by Manscaped or Beer52

Yeah, I get you. I think any pages like those must be so much effort for naff all reward.

The biggest away days account is ran by a Cov fan from Burbage. Met him at a game a few years back and he says he does it for fun. Gets hundreds of thousands of retweets and stuff a month with nothing in return. Must have a lot of time on his hands...

TewkesburySkyBlue

I haven't listened for a while but I used to enjoy it a lot.
I've met one of the guys think it is Andy a couple of times and he's a decent knowledgeable bloke

SBbucks

I generally enjoy listening to it (and have just listened to this week’s episode on the drive up the M40 for the match). I too find Ross Spence hard to listen to, but it’s all about opinions and personal preferences so no major criticism from me.
However I wish you could sort your sound levels out; multiple contributors at different levels make it very hard to listen to sometimes. Sound quality for one of you (Andy?) on this week’s pod was very poor, not for the first time.
Just my tuppenth worth, I appreciate the effort you all put in.

CBS16

My main criticism is the sound levels. Sometimes I can barely hear one of 2 speakers then another one will be loud enough. Once I switch to something else after it's deafening! Needs sound mastering before going out I reckon. David and Ross Cooper are class. That Ross Spence talks absolute waffle, he clearly loves it and I do enjoy some of his takes !😂 Wardy used to be good too hopefully he'll be back on at some point. Good lads, they mean well and ultimately it's just a fan podcast bit of easy listening to get you through the week

Last edited:

alexccfc99

Each to their own - I would start one but I haven't got the commitment and it is such a diluted field nowadays it is hard to keep things fresh and original

Good luck to them

Sky_Blue_Daz

Used to enjoy the what’s the craic podcast they had some really good guests .

CBS16

Jeez - some people love a moan.

Good listen, good to hear different views, of course don't always agree and that's the beauty. Lads taking time out of daily life - fair play and good luck. Keep up good work.
Yeh I feel slightly bad saying one of them does my head in, he doesn't really and I enjoy his enthusiasm some of his takes are good, it's a game of opinions ultimately. I listen to almost every episode and it's free so we gotta support them and the other ones really!

tskezz

Jeez - some people love a moan.

Good listen, good to hear different views, of course don't always agree and that's the beauty. Lads taking time out of daily life - fair play and good luck. Keep up good work.

"Jeez - some people love a moan"
"good to hear different views"

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Bugbear of mine - saying the most basic of stats and trying to crowbar an opinion onto them. Listened to NTT20 podcast for the first time recently and their statistical analysis is far more insightful.
Its a good listen, both full time with a team behind them now which helps no doubt but they didn't have that when they first set out and were still very good analytically then and very fair and objective I find, no bias when discussing what really happens in games

Users who are viewing this thread