Sky Blue Trust - Certainty of takeover (1 Viewer)

FAO of any senior Sky Blue Trust members -

I am not expecting you to name names as I appreciate any insight you have received will have been given in confidence, but...

.. can you please confirm that you are more than reasonably certain that there is a buyer waiting to purchase CCFC if the club enter administration?

... can you please clarify the level in which the Trust's current resources and potential resources can be part of any takeover. Would the Trust be able to support part ownership?

skyblue1523

No one is going to buy us until they get the arena without this all you have is the name.I don't think CCC or ACL want to sell.ACL do not want to leave and you cannot run a football club with 50% while ploughing 100% into it the maths don't work.The one thing that really posses me off ACL wouldn't exist if it weren't for ccfc.They are going to kill this club off .rant over

procdoc

No one is going to buy us until they get the arena without this all you have is the name.I don't think CCC or ACL want to sell.ACL do not want to leave and you cannot run a football club with 50% while ploughing 100% into it the maths don't work.The one thing that really posses me off ACL wouldn't exist if it weren't for ccfc.They are going to kill this club off .rant over

and what are SISU going to do to the club then? They have afterall threatened liquidation

Diehard Si

The one thing that really posses me off ACL wouldn't exist if it weren't for ccfc.They are going to kill this club off .rant over

I could also say that ccfc wouldn't exist without ACL stepping in with the stadium.

A massive balls up on our part, but they did bail us out.

TurkeyTrot

We have been told a number of potential investors are watching with interest.
Yes, we could be a part of a Purchase. That level depends on the level of interest from Fans. At the start of all this I was skeptical, I believe now that it can be done.

Waldorf

We believe there are at least two potential buyers who are waiting for the right time to buy the club.
Membership fees are solely for the running of the Trust -postage, etc. As yet, the Trust does not have any money to put into buying a share in the club. We are right at the beginning of the process, and we don't know whether we'll have to do that yet. After all, th club isn't in admin and SISU don't want to sell. An enquiry amongst a few (very few) members resulted in over £17.000 being pledged on an informal basis.
I think Jan has outlined the way we'd raise funds on another thread, so I won't go into the mechanics of that.

mattylad

The problem with any take over is that the problems of today dont go away. Will we have access to the revenue streams we need and will we get the wage bill under control to comply with the 60% FFP regulations.
Unless the answer to these is yes all we are really doing is getting a new man to spin the merry-go-round and sooner or later they will get a tired arm (wallet) and also walk away.
The days of buying your way out of leagues have gone, and outside of the prem its survival of the fattest income streams that will shape clubs futures.

TurkeyTrot

Mattylad, badger here, hope you are well!
You've answered your own question with regards to regeneration around the Ricoh. That is why an investor and I mean a large investor, is needed.

Waldorf

Nick, look at Porky's original post. He doesn't expect names. He can't, because we can't say who they are.. The source is at a very high level, let's leave it at that.

Nick

Administrator
Ahhh so it is another one of those "You had to be at the secret london meeting before we can tell you, we know more than you do" situation again?

LarryGrayson

we have been advised of at least 2 interested partys one of which is very interested. That is as much as can be said

they lick dinsa or robinson of hofman or people with actual money this time

torchomatic

It's at a very high level, let's leave it at that.

Ahhh so it is another one of those "You had to be at the secret london meeting before we can tell you, we know more than you do" situation again?

ccfchandsy

I could also say that ccfc wouldn't exist without ACL stepping in with the stadium.

A massive balls up on our part, but they did bail us out.
I agree they did bail us out but wasn't it ccfc who paid to have the land decontaminated so the stadium could be built in the first place

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The problem with any take over is that the problems of today dont go away. Will we have access to the revenue streams we need and will we get the wage bill under control to comply with the 60% FFP regulations.
Unless the answer to these is yes all we are really doing is getting a new man to spin the merry-go-round and sooner or later they will get a tired arm (wallet) and also walk away.
The days of buying your way out of leagues have gone, and outside of the prem its survival of the fattest income streams that will shape clubs futures.

Surely, ACL and their model would therefore be the very thing that might attract investors? What's their turnover? Circa. £7.7m?

One entity, which could umbrella all of this and the club's turnover together would have a more more diverse portfolio that football alone.

As for FFP, the combined turnover would be in the region of £14m - stripping some of the combined out so as not to double count?!?

60% of that value would be close to double the funding we have right now for the playing squad, which I think is £4.2m

We have been told a number of potential investors are watching with interest.
Yes, we could be a part of a Purchase. That level depends on the level of interest from Fans. At the start of all this I was skeptical, I believe now that it can be done.

I don't mean to sound petty, but are you confident that these watching parties are willing and able to launch a takeover bid. This is the crucial difference which is causing panic amongst the sky blue army and I don't think the Trust have so far calmed the situation.

we have been advised of at least 2 interested partys one of which is very interested. That is as much as can be said

Hi Gary, personal and past differences put to one side; can you please state whether the Trust are confident that these interested parties are willing and able to support the club? The pro-admin (anti-SISU) stance from the Trust is causing worry amongst the fans.

I am looking for assurances that your stance isn't based on the same promises of a takeover we had from Hoffman; which were unsubstantiated as whilst we was willing, he was unable to financially support a takeover.

To reiterate Gary and co, I'm not looking for the identities of your sources or the alleged interested parties. I respect your position of trust.

Waldorf

No Nick, it's a case of confidentiality. Thanks Porky. From what we've been told, the groups are serious about investing in "the whole package": the club, ACL and the land around the stadium. That, it seems to me and I stress me, seems to be the ideal solution so long as the stadium ownership is with the club. That would give CCFC all the revenue streams as other clubs, and more
We've asked to talk with them direct at the right time, with intention of making the Trust part of that deal, however small, in order that supporters have some input and influence.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No Nick, it's a case of confidentiality. Thanks Porky. From what we've been told, the groups are serious about investing in "the whole package": the club, ACL and the land around the stadium. That, it seems to me and I stress me, seems to be the ideal solution so long as the stadium ownership is with the club. That would give CCFC all the revenue streams as other clubs, and more
We've asked to talk with them direct at the right time, with intention of making the Trust part of that deal, however small, in order that supporters have some input and influence.

Ahhh so it is that confidential you have to be down with the Trust to know about it? Surely if it was mega confidential then only them and SISU or ACL or whoever your source was would know rather than telling a group of the fans?

TurkeyTrot

I don't mean to sound petty, but are you confident that these watching parties are willing and able to launch a takeover bid. This is the crucial difference which is causing panic amongst the sky blue army and I don't think the Trust have so far calmed the situation.

Porky, I'm speaking now as an individual who, as a member of the Trust board, has been privy to a few sound bites of info. (I'm someone who was very skeptical of the Hoff bid some time back) I believe there will be investors ready to invest in Coventry City when the time is right (for them)

usskyblue

Why weren't the Trust's members asked for feedback with regards to the statements made about the Trust preferring administration.

Yours,

Pissed off.

Paxman II

Delusional. This is why I can't take the 'trust' seriously.

kingharvest

i think some people need to read between the lines a bit and not be so naive. Clearly, there are times when groups like the trust, who give up their own time and energy to do what they can for the club, are going to get access to people who know whats happening.

I would never expect the trust to reveal the identities of the interested investors, and i imagine that this information was provided to the trust because they can be trusted not to reveal it. In addition, the information was probably given to the trust because it is a way of getting the information out there through a credible source.

All the trust have done is report what they know. They didn't even have to do that, but they have. You can't expect them to just start giving out confidential information, because if that happens, you can all kiss goodbye to any kind of info coming out at all. Some may prefer it that way, others would like the reassurance that at least there is interest in the club, should an opportunity to invest/takeover arise.

italiahorse

Take it from me - The Trust know Fuc£ all - Their acting on hearsay

Why would anyone at this stage of negotiations talk to the fans - That will be after the takeover . Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

These "I know but can't tell you" people really Pi$$ me off.

If you want to help keep your mouth shut on takeover, canvas the fans and then feed in when asked.:mad:

Paxman II

Its not delusional to try and force the issue though is it? Other clubs have trusts involved. Whats wrong with their approach? If they get knocked back well at least they had a go.

I'm not saying the 'trust' is a total waste of time. In prinicipal it is a good idea but at present if far from having any influence and on the level of various statements and comments made coming from the 'trust' there is little evidence for me to suggest they have any idea about business.
I've been in business for some 27 years and in all that time have learned many things. My comments are not based on simply having a go at them. I find them naive at best. I'm sure they will improve over time but they won't affect anything happening at CCFC right now and may be best to keep a wider berth until it's all over. Nothing against jan or others who want to get involved at the grass roots level....but that is where they should keep it for now.

TurkeyTrot

"Why would anyone at this stage of negotiations talk to the fans"

Negotiations are taking place with someone!! I didn't know that. Where did you get your info from? Come on spill the beans.

Grendel

Amazes me that some cannot see what an attractive proposal owning both ACL and CCFC could be.

Of course it is attractive to us. However, no one knows who would be interested in making the purchase.

CCFC as a club in administration and next season potentially on minus 25 points -- that sounds attractive? To who?

Also remember administrators are selling the club and the club only -- they do not have be entwined at all.

italiahorse

"Why would anyone at this stage of negotiations talk to the fans"

Negotiations are taking place with someone!! I didn't know that. Where did you get your info from? Come on spill the beans.

I'm not saying they are, others are.
Effectively, I'm saying that these other people are lying and that they are full of there own importance.

Users who are viewing this thread