Six clean sheets is promotion material (1 Viewer)

hill83

A this real? What a prick. He'd be better off keeping quiet. (LIKE ME LOL)

fernandopartridge

Isn't Pressley saying what you're saying? That 6 clean sheets is promotion material but only if you're scoring at the other end.

The constant Pressley baiting on here is tedious. (Admittedly as are many other topics!)

Evo1883

Isn't Pressley saying what you're saying? That 6 clean sheets is promotion material but only if you're scoring at the other end.

The constant Pressley baiting on here is tedious. (Admittedly as are many other topics!)

Well he just goes on stating the bleeding obvious all the time, thats tedious too

kg82

Couldn't agree more.

hill83

Now I've actually read it I agree and retract my previous post.

Terry Gibson's perm

Couldn't agree more.

The reporter could turn it around and say but you have only scored ____ in the last ten games is that not relegation form (anybody that can be bothered to look can add in the number).

Bob Latchford

If that were the case, fine. but ,when your stats are slightly better than Yeovil's... well .

ccfcway

"we’re very close to being a good team"

agreed.

A perm GK, a right back, Pennington at CB, at least one CM, 2 wingers and 2 strikers and we are there.

skybluebeduff

I would like Stephen to have a random drugs test, or alcohol test.

If not, a mental health hotline that i'm more than happy to enquire for you Stephen?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
except a promotion is over a full season not 10 games ........... admittedly clean sheets are important and form a defensive basis but promotion means winning games. The defensive "stability" has been achieved by being impotent at the other end of the pitch. Also not entirely convinced of this "stability" actually works that well against the better teams. There is a base to work from but can he actually take it forward?

Hobo

Well he just goes on stating the bleeding obvious all the time, thats tedious too

So people want him to say it as it is and when he does it is obvious and tedious. SP isn't the greatest manager but I believe he has a genuine passion for the club. A lot of his detractors just twist what he says have the time and contradict themselves from week to week.

wingy

except a promotion is over a full season not 10 games ........... admittedly clean sheets are important and form a defensive basis but promotion means winning games. The defensive "stability" has been achieved by being impotent at the other end of the pitch. Also not entirely convinced of this "stability" actually works that well against the better teams. There is a base to work from but can he actually take it forward?

I don't think so
Seems to me he's made continual misdiagnosis

hill83

Just found another quote "going particularly well"

Ha ha, no it isn't what a clown.

Actual quote "when things aren't going particularly well the majority of times you're haemorrhaging goals"

Noggin

The reporter could turn it around and say but you have only scored ____ in the last ten games is that not relegation form (anybody that can be bothered to look can add in the number).

unfortunately telegraph reporters don't turn things around on their interviewe, however obvious the facts are to point out.

kg82

Christ. Let's just take a crapload of stuff out of context and kick off about it. He's talking about the defensive aspect over the last 10 games. He even says the attacking side to the play has to improve.

Terry Gibson's perm

Christ. Let's just take a crapload of stuff out of context and kick off about it. He's talking about the defensive aspect over the last 10 games. He even says the attacking side to the play has to improve.

That's ok then let's go and watch nil nil draws every week if we are lucky, he can say what he wants but can he improve the attacking part I don't think he can but let's see how the new signings go tomorrow.

kg82

That's ok then let's go and watch nil nil draws every week if we are lucky, he can say what he wants but can he improve the attacking part I don't think he can but let's see how the new signings go tomorrow.

Oh my God. Have I said that? Has he said that? Ridiculous.

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh my God. Have I said that? Has he said that? Ridiculous.

No I think if you read it that's what I have said not him or you.

I never wanted Pressley but would have been delighted if he had been a success as that would mean the team is as well but as I said let's see tomorrow with the new attacking signings (although nobody can say many of his previous ones have been a success).

stupot07

wingy

Failing to score in 5 of your last 10 certainly isn't promotion form...

1 goal in your last 5 home games sing promotion form.

We seem to be a team that can either be tight or attacking, we simply can't do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It's weird but I still see most of our deficiencies as In midfield

NorthernWisdom

It's weird but I still see most of our deficiencies as In midfield

I'd tend to agree.

For years we sign strikers when goals are light, but forget someone has to pass to them. Always remember Lee Hughes being asked to run the channels, and he found himself crossing into the box to no-one, as the bloke we'd signed to get on the end of crosses was having to do the build-up play.

stupot07

Eakin is really bigging up the 6 cleansheets tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Chez78

I love the way they are trying to market our defensive record like it's something to be proud of, we have the 14th best defence in the league I don't give a shit how many clean sheets it's kept in the last ten home games it's crap.

Not as bad as of forward line but definitely still shit.

J

Jack Griffin

If you don't score you don't win games which is much more important since 3pts for a win came in.

You can't get promoted unless you win games, FACT!!!!!!

Unless you win games you are not promotion material.

Users who are viewing this thread