SISU or Geoffrey Robinson? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Robinson lost loads of money on us and had the good grace to go when he knew he was no longer wanted. For that reason I'd take Robinson over SISU.

Astute

Robinson lost loads of money on us and had the good grace to go when he knew he was no longer wanted. For that reason I'd take Robinson over SISU.

Please look more closely into his time with us. Not as bad as Richardson, but nobody is. All the cash he put into our club was on loans at a high APR. His losses were nothing like put out to everyone. Also, being part of the board in Richardsons time with us he OK'd all that went on. Do we want anyone that was part of what put us in the sh1t we are in now? Hope you understand why he was no longer wanted.

Changeyourface

SISU, they have been made out to be Satan Himself. When that position is actually held By Richardson with Robinson being number one contender

Chipfat

I dont think id want to go back to GR,, BUT how long can the board or fans use previous boards to shoulder the current situation on... Because its been 3 1/2 years now with Sisu having full control and for me time is slowly running out so excuses, blame and lies are startung to wear very thin...

J

Jack Griffin

He wrote off a load of debts owed to him (or his shadowy trust fund), that isn't the same thing as actually losing money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astute

The problem we have is that some fans would be happy to get rid of SISU and think of the consequenses afterwards.

We should all agree that they should go, but only when there is something better available to us. We need to be taken forward. No backward or sidewards steps though. We are not in a brilliant place now, but our future has improved. All the in fighting with our own fans also needs to stop. Our squad has pulled together. Now it is time for our fans to do the same.

The futures bright. The futures Sky Blue

Otis

As someone has already said, Robinson was part of the regime that got us in all this shit in the first place.

How on earth is he a better proposition than Sisu? :facepalm:

Astute

We have younger fans. You have to feel a little sorry for them. They don't remember the good times. They don't remember what got us into the position we are in at the moment. Also we even have fans that don't remember 10 years ago clearly. How much we knew there was not a lot as bad as admin. If you don't know fully about something then it can't be that bad. Can it? :thinking about:

TommyAtkins

Robinson almost certainly made a tidy sum over the complete period during which he was involved with CCFC.

It is Richardson and Robinson who caused this mess in the first place

torchomatic

Yeah, I know what you mean, but this goes back a decade. We’re still paying for what Richardson did to the Club because of this dodgy dealings we’re now financially handicapped – a direct result of previous regimes. It’s like going to the dogs. SISU bought the lovely bitch CCFC but unfortunately the previous owner Bryan Richardson chopped one of her legs off. That’s why we’re not competing in the race at the moment. SISU are trying to stitch it back on, but it takes time.

Look at Richardson as a torturer of greyhounds and SISU as a Frankenstein outfit trying to stick it back on. Makes perfect sense.

I dont think id want to go back to GR,, BUT how long can the board or fans use previous boards to shoulder the current situation on... Because its been 3 1/2 years now with Sisu having full control and for me time is slowly running out so excuses, blame and lies are startung to wear very thin...

torchomatic

torchomatic

Oh, didn't answer the thread. SISU.

Astute

This is our problem. Forget you are a Cov fan for a few mins. Look at what is out there. Not a lot. SISU are our best bet at the moment.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not sure about best bet certainly as it stands the only bet ............ think we have got to put to oneside SISU out or in right now on these forums . They are not likely to go before they can get a reasonable bailout and there is no one out there (hoffman included ) that is interested to the degree that a proper offer can or will be made.

By all means chant and demonstrate but we have to work with the owners to the benefit of the team whilst chanting and protesting (by that I mean supporting the team not SISU).... there is at this time no alternative to SISU like it or not. I dont like it but thats the facts.

wingy

not sure about best bet certainly as it stands the only bet ............ think we have got to put to oneside SISU out or in right now on these forums . They are not likely to go before they can get a reasonable bailout and there is no one out there (hoffman included ) that is interested to the degree that a proper offer can or will be made.

By all means chant and demonstrate but we have to work with the owners to the benefit of the team whilst chanting and protesting (by that I mean supporting the team not SISU).... there is at this time no alternative to SISU like it or not. I dont like it but thats the facts.

OSB just what are we worth ,how much would it take for them to accept,when you consider teams like everton are available already in the prem?:D

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The club is worth zip wingy........... has never been a question of worth it has all been about settlement....... settlement of the SISU funds loans

What is never said is how much teams like Everton etc owe to their owners. In addition to their income streams which give them credibility and worth there is still a settlement to be made of those loans too. Looking at it you would have thought Everton (own ground in premiership top 8 regularly good income streams decent crowds) would not be a difficult sale but Kenwright has been looking to sell for 2 seasons and it still hasnt happened. What hope for us being sold ?

ashbyjan

Choosing between SISU and Robinson is a bit like asking do you want to die by hanging or electrocution - ideally neither thank you. One was a brazen charmer and chancer who along with his pal Richardson made millions out of the club and drove us to the brink of extinction in a bid to line their own pockets, SISU are a faceless, charmless entity that cares not one iota about the team and solely about the balance sheet. Basically both were/are quite happy to sacrifice the club if it is in their financial interests. I would hate for the slimy gigolo to return here and I want SISU out as soon as possible but its hard to see them leaving any time soon as what they appear to want for the club no-one is ever going to pay. The choices left are to force them to drop their demands by with-holding support both physical and financial until their position becomes so untenable that they will be forced to sell at a cut price to someone like Hoffman and accept this may cause us pain in the short term via relegation but best in the long term or we sit back and hope that SISU have some sort of plan that might involve a jot of interest in whats happening on the pitch and not just cost cut after cost cut until there us nothing left to support anyway. Either way its going to be an unpleasant few months and maybe years for anyone who cares about this club - and that excludes both Robinson and SISU who don't give a damn.

Users who are viewing this thread