SISU Open Letter Reply to Council (9 Viewers)

torchomatic

The Sky Blues Trust litmus test:

Will this get Moz on Midlands Today?

Liquid Gold

So many people claiming something along the lines of 'this is bullshit as it was thrown out of court'. May not be illegal but certainly shows the council as being duplicitous bastards that don't give a shit about the club and have actively worked against it.

Nick

Administrator
Sad thing is they've acted so appallingly that if the worst did happen and they were the ones to set up a phoenix there is no chance I'd support a club run by the hypocritical twats.

The thing is, they are in a little bubble where they only listen to themselves and people like David Johnson. It has been shown time and time again they have no interest in listening to their members and will just carry on.

Nick

Administrator
So many people claiming something along the lines of 'this is bullshit as it was thrown out of court'. May not be illegal but certainly shows the council as being duplicitous bastards that don't give a shit about the club and have actively worked against it.

Yep, that's because an approach is that they are trying to blur the lines by saying "a judge didn't think the council have done anything wrong". The judge that was only judging on whether something is state aid.

It is what Jimmy Hill Way try to push and it is what Duggins tried to hide behind when he was on the radio.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It does seem that SISU are playing the “if we’re going down, everyone else will crash and burn around us”

I wonder how long this information has been available to SISU, if they’d released this earlier we’d have time to rally around the club,

It seems we’re in End Game territory here. Which is starting Worry me. It seems that they’d have more chance succeeding in a civil claim - would a liquidated football club bring them a bigger settlement?

SBAndy

It's good to see the way the Telegraph spin stuff works on people still

It's borderline delusional.

As stated, the club had 2 days’ notice that the boxes weren’t available for the Fleetwood game. A long-term booking you would think would be raised as soon as fixtures were released and they say “ah, we may have some issues on X date.”

Nick

Administrator
As stated, the club had 2 days’ notice that the boxes weren’t available for the Fleetwood game. A long-term booking you would think would be raised as soon as fixtures were released and they say “ah, we may have some issues on X date.”

Exactly, the thing is though people believe everything Wasps say because that's how the Telegraph spun that and didn't mention it until they had Wasps denying

Skyblueweeman

And having worked at Southampton FC many years ago, I can assure you the football fixtures do take precedence over 'non-matchday' events. We couldn't sell any hospitality space at St Marys until the football fixtures were released mid-June. There's no way corporate events have priority over the main reason why these stadia are built in the first place.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
I reckon that the groundshare stuff will be emphasised to get people angry while Hoffman is the man to stop it so sell to him. Just in time to sing his name at Barnsley tomorrow!

chiefdave

Its not a difficult concept so I find it hard to believe people genuinely don't understand it. More likely playing dumb to avoid having to address things that don't line up with their preferred narrative.

Fergusons_Beard

What an excellent thread and as an old GMKer who was always on the side of our club (as were many others) I feel slightly vindicated.

One thing that has been missed and on the murkier side of things is that the council would not have been able to ‘buy’ a football club.

Somewhere along the line prospective owners may have colluded with council officers (and may continue to do so) to own CCFC by the backdoor.

I’d be more concerned about how the TRUST seem to be guided by the same shadowy folks that may be in collusion with the council and Wasps.

Seems a bit of more of a coincidence that the Hoffman fronted takeover team recently put another bid in....

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m a critic of the trust - massive critic, but is it possible they’ve been woefully misled and promised the world by the council? They’ve always seemed the naive type

Nick

Administrator
I’m a critic of the trust - massive critic, but is it possible they’ve been woefully misled and promised the world by the council? They’ve always seemed the naive type

If they have it's their own fault and should have learnt from every other time they have been.

Liquid Gold

Yeah, I don't think they'd purposefully work against the club if they didn't think there was something else coming along. Problem is how many times have they been made to look like absolute numpties by following the council. They lost all credibility a long time ago, had a chance to regain some this time around but followed exactly the same path and come across as twats again.

Nick

Administrator
I mean we’ll find out soon, surely it’s time they come out and publicly slammed the council.

If they don’t then I’d imagine they were in on it

When you have people like Jimmy Hill Way and Fisherbaiter not being able to resist opening their mouths it gives them away. Johnson with his "A Phoenix club could play at the Ricoh" and Fisherbaiter's "A groundshare will mean the club is worthless so we can pick it up cheaply". Funny how that one ended up deleted ;)

They have been warned about people like that, they chose not to listen and back them up.

shepardo01

Yeah, I don't think they'd purposefully work against the club if they didn't think there was something else coming along. Problem is how many times have they been made to look like absolute numpties by following the council. They lost all credibility a long time ago, had a chance to regain some this time around but followed exactly the same path and come across as twats again.
Worst thing is, it is them that are chosen by all streams of media to be the "voice of the fans" This is really frustrating as we know that they arent independent from Wasps/CCC!

CCFC_Charlie

All the Sky Blues Trust care about is getting their faces out their as “the guys who are saving Coventry City”. It’s a publicity thing for them. As long as their get their name drops from Henry Winter and their 2 minute talking heads on BBC Midlands Today they’re content.

rob9872

What is annoying me most about this statement is the deafening silence from eth Trust on here, on Twitter etc. If this was SISU they'd be all over it by now, but 24 hours on and nothing at all about the council. Still at least they can shake hands and clap still.

Esoterica

The other part that no-one is really talking about yet, as the focus has been on the footy club, is that this takes the fucking over of Cov Rugby to a whole new level. This is no longer about an opportune franchise rugby club taking advantage of a stadium situation - they were actively pursued by people in our own city! Utterly disgraceful!

Nick

Administrator
I was cringing last week when Moz was interviewed on telly backed by some gap toothed simpletons in woolly hats and a cretin in a sleeping bag. I'm glad to say they don't represent me.

You mean when David Johnson was peeking around each way to see if people were looking at him as if he was playing hide and seek?

Nick

Administrator
I do like this Thread on Twitter.

It goes from somebody with a clear Wasps / CCC agenda saying I am on SISU's payroll to @Tommo72 taking an issue with a reply to him asking for him to prove it.

Strange, @Tommo72 for upset with me pointing out Hoffman would appear again.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

I was cringing last week when Moz was interviewed on telly backed by some gap toothed simpletons in woolly hats and a cretin in a sleeping bag. I'm glad to say they don't represent me.

Maybe not, but it sounds as if they look like you... :emoji_smile:

Nick

Administrator
The other part that no-one is really talking about yet, as the focus has been on the footy club, is that this takes the fucking over of Cov Rugby to a whole new level. This is no longer about an opportune franchise rugby club taking advantage of a stadium situation - they were actively pursued by people in our own city! Utterly disgraceful!

To be fair, Jon Sharpe just stays quiet and gets on with his own stuff. Fair play to him.

Johnnythespider

A very good point, the 2 historic sporting teams in this city fucked over by their own council and a franchise rugby club is nothing short of disgraceful, city of sport my arse.

chiefdave

To be fair, Jon Sharpe just stays quiet and gets on with his own stuff. Fair play to him.
He can't be happy though. He's doing everything he can to make CRFC stable and as successful as possible while at the same time the council are working to bring in another rugby club playing at the level CRFC aspire to reach.

chiefdave

I do like this Thread on Twitter.

It goes from somebody with a clear Wasps / CCC agenda saying I am on SISU's payroll to @Tommo72 taking an issue with a reply to him asking for him to prove it.

Strange, @Tommo72 for upset with me pointing out Hoffman would appear again.
How is Tommo72 even claiming to be one of our fans. Out of his last 3 tweets one is retweeting a former Wasps player saying they are right to kick us out and one is retweeting someone saying "Never wanted a club to fail as much as Coventry".

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread