SISU Back your man... (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Going to be really difficult to upgrade our squad in January. Loans to cover potential injuries and suspensions maybe. We do need more bodies, but PL loans want guaranteed playing time. Maybe some Chelsea reserve would be an upgrade, but who do you drop? Lightweight currently regarding left footers. Goalscorers are going to be way expensive and not easy to find. If we can loan a couple out, think we can get a couple with potential in. SISU going for it, unlikely I fear.

If players and cash are available I’d go for an AM and CB on loan. AM can play with O’Hare in a box or both can offer cover/challenge.

RFC

We haven't gambled anything in the SISU era just made numerous bad decisions. Aside from 2001/02 we've never spent so much time in the top 6 of this league, so frankly what came before is irrelevant. There is a major opportunity to seize here.

What came before (amassing huge debts) put us in the position we found ourselves when SISU were the only buyer to come in and save us at the 11th hour & 59th minute, otherwise we’d have ended up like Derby & Reading this season or worse, gone out of business! Although errors have been made in the past over the past 3 or 4 years things have stabilised and we’re on the UP. It starts with one gamble that doesn’t pay off and ends up with debts of hundreds of millions ££££££.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

What came before (amassing huge debts) put us in the position we found ourselves when SISU were the only buyer to come in and save us at the 11th hour & 59th minute, otherwise we’d have ended up like Derby & Reading this season or worse, gone out of business! Although errors have been made in the past over the past 3 or 4 years things have stabilised and we’re on the UP. It starts with one gamble that doesn’t pay off and ends up with debts of hundreds of millions ££££££.

They were the only buyer prior to administration you ignorant clown. We are as a club as bankrupt as Derby or Reading

Sky Blue Pete

Robins never buys in January but good loans with a view to purchase next season to upgrade the squad are likely surely

Grendel

Robins never buys in January but good loans with a view to purchase next season to upgrade the squad are likely surely

Christ you are starting to sound like Franks lovechild

Evo1883

Couple loans should be enough to try and maintain some momentum second half of the season .. top 2 is way out the question .. we aren't good enough for that and would need significant investment which won't ever happen

shmmeee

We got fucked by relegation and ITV Digital collapsing and some spectacular mismanagement on and off the pitch.

I’d much rather we’d gone bust then with the rules as they were than get what we got the last decade TBH.

fernandopartridge

We got fucked by relegation and ITV Digital collapsing and some spectacular mismanagement on and off the pitch.

I’d much rather we’d gone bust then with the rules as they were than get what we got the last decade TBH.
The external debt wasn't massive anyway really, it was the Coop bank and a small % of the total. Robinson should have written it off / put the club into administration in 2002

chiefdave

You're in a dreamland if you think Robins is just going to be handed a pile of cash to spend in January. The question for me is will the owners be able to come up with the money if Robins makes a specific request as he's identified an issue that needs addressing.

The problem with 'backing your man' is its a bit like Richardsons 'have a punt'. Great if it comes off, not so good if it doesn't.

You've also got the problem of who is available. Its all well and good saying we need better options and backup but while we're saying that we're also saying the likes of Walker will be demanding a move as they aren't playing every week. If the players we've got are going to be demanding moves as they're too good to be sat on the bench who are we expecting to sign that will strengthen the squad?

Grendel

You're in a dreamland if you think Robins is just going to be handed a pile of cash to spend in January. The question for me is will the owners be able to come up with the money if Robins makes a specific request as he's identified an issue that needs addressing.

The problem with 'backing your man' is its a bit like Richardsons 'have a punt'. Great if it comes off, not so good if it doesn't.

You've also got the problem of who is available. Its all well and good saying we need better options and backup but while we're saying that we're also saying the likes of Walker will be demanding a move as they aren't playing every week. If the players we've got are going to be demanding moves as they're too good to be sat on the bench who are we expecting to sign that will strengthen the squad?

It’s nothing like having a punt - these owners have made very little capital investment into the club and none at all for 10 years yet have little interest in revenue impacts of stilt business decisions

Users who are viewing this thread