Sir Steve Waggott (1 Viewer)

donald_trumps

The man has put in some sterling work getting us back to Coventry. Listening to him on WM it says that he was the one who negotiated the return. We should all draw on fake goatees for the first match I'm recognition of the man!

FRY-CCFC

0f92f970cde9fd02d3e1f8bb52f4f127.jpg

donald_trumps

You could argue that Waggott has not only been responsible for taking us back to the Ricoh, but also signing McGoldrick, Clarke and Jackson. Some decent work being carried by the chap.

Sky Blue Pete

Owners come and go - club remains. The one outrageous act from Sisu was to move us out of our City. We are now back. They are no better or worse than any other owner since Derek Robins - get to the game - well done all concerned and probably this includes individuals we will never now!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I still don't trust him. He's got a Sunderland-type accent! :jerkit:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Owners come and go - club remains. The one outrageous act from Sisu was to move us out of our City. We are now back. They are no better or worse than any other owner since Derek Robins - get to the game - well done all concerned and probably this includes individuals we will never now!!

No better or worse are you for real:facepalm:

Sky Blue Pete

Brian Richardson?
Mike McGinnity?

No better or worse at running the club - the outrageous action was taking us out of the City!

However RFC agreeing with me is a scary thought and i now need a lie down

Tonylinc

For what it is worth I would not trust SW any further than I could throw him. He is out for himself and absolutely nobody else. He cares not one iota for CCFC and to laud him as our saviour is ludicrous.

J

Jack Griffin

For what it is worth I would not trust SW any further than I could throw him. He is out for himself and absolutely nobody else. He cares not one iota for CCFC and to laud him as our saviour is ludicrous.

The OP makes a ridiculous statement, all we can say is Waggot is a decent negotiator.
What really matters is how the relationship between ACL & OTIUM proceeds.
And till this accursed JR appeal is out of the way, it seems to me that OTIUM/ARVO/SISU are still on the attack, so no one should accept that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyBlueSid

Sisu knew they had to climb down as they had run out of options, thanks to the ones who refused to go along with the Northampton fiasco. Waggott was the only one who had any shred of credibility left. Fisher & Co would not have ever managed to get anything sorted as they were so entrenched. Waggott said almost as much on CWR tonight.

mark82

Brian Richardson?
Mike McGinnity?

No better or worse at running the club - the outrageous action was taking us out of the City!

However RFC agreeing with me is a scary thought and i now need a lie down

If you take away moving us to Northampton, some of the cost saving work is essential for the future of the club and makes them better than many previous owners/chairmen.

However, they did move us to Northampton which is really about the worst thing an owner could do short of permanent relocation or liquidation. But, we are back so let's get behind the club. Think it's time to draw a line in the sand, wipe the slate clean, etc, etc... We have little choice at the end of the day.

Sky Blue Kid

If you take away moving us to Northampton, some of the cost saving work is essential for the future of the club and makes them better than many previous owners/chairmen. However, they did move us to Northampton which is really about the worst thing an owner could do short of permanent relocation or liquidation. But, we are back so let's get behind the club. Think it's time to draw a line in the sand, wipe the slate clean, etc, etc... We have little choice at the end of the day.
You really believe what you've just said, don't you! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uk90lrvuohc/U8hEghnEyHI/AAAAAAAAGg4/7XtiYwJ0gms/s1600/cant+do+this2.gif

mds

I agree with a couple of the other posters, before Northampton i had nothing aganst SISU, i held them in the same contempt that i did previous owners, old ground, but our problems started way before SISU came onto the scene, what i do think as a result of the last 2 yrs including the exodus to Northampton is we will soon be or maybe are currently stronger as a club both on and off the field than we have been for a long time. Taking everything into account, better setup all around, the youth, backroom the manager squad scouting, just about everything is better, no silly contracts, better budgeting and owners that have learned a long hard lesson in how not to run a football club.
I think this season may be shit or bust for them, who knows, im wrong more than i am right, right :)

I didnt go often, but im going up against the Gills, i cant fkin wait, all i can say is PUSB

J

Jack Griffin

I agree with a couple of the other posters, before Northampton i had nothing aganst SISU, i held them in the same contempt that i did previous owners, old ground, but our problems started way before SISU came onto the scene, what i do think as a result of the last 2 yrs including the exodus to Northampton is we will soon be or maybe are currently stronger as a club both on and off the field than we have been for a long time. Taking everything into account, better setup all around, the youth, backroom the manager squad scouting, just about everything is better, no silly contracts, better budgeting and owners that have learned a long hard lesson in how not to run a football club.
I think this season may be shit or bust for them, who knows, im wrong more than i am right, right :)

I didnt go often, but im going up against the Gills, i cant fkin wait, all i can say is PUSB

Yes, always agreed that the general finances have been cleaned up in the last 2 1/2 years, since the gross error that was Ken 'Orange' Delieu left the building.

If only there wasn't a £1.5M(est.) bill for legal costs & £0.5M(est.) bill for land search & stadium planning, it would be relatively plain sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yes, always agreed that the general finances have been cleaned up in the last 2 1/2 years, since the gross error that was Ken 'Orange' Delieu left the building.

If only there wasn't a £1.5M(est.) bill for legal costs & £0.5M(est.) bill for land search & stadium planning, it would be relatively plain sailing.

Left the building:thinking about:

shmmeee

Don't forget the £5m (est) that it cost us going to Sixfields.

This whole thing should break even some time in the 2020s.

tonyok

The man has put in some sterling work getting us back to Coventry. Listening to him on WM it says that he was the one who negotiated the return. We should all draw on fake goatees for the first match I'm recognition of the man!

As well as Sir Joe Elliott

letsallsingtogether

Sorry he is as bad as the others, he is just the Man Joy has pushed to the front, as the other 2 clowns will now be relegated with any look..........

ecky

You could argue that Waggott has not only been responsible for taking us back to the Ricoh, but also signing McGoldrick, Clarke and Jackson. Some decent work being carried by the chap.

He probably gets a wacking big cut from the sell on as well...the bloke isnt stupid

AJB1983

Fair play to him for negotiating for the club.
But, to say he isn't in the sisu camp is slightly misleading.
He gives Joy Seppala lifts up to Ryton in his car. Saw him on a45 approaching tollbar one morning...
Just saying like..

rupert_bear

When Steve Waggott joined our club we were a decentish championship team, we are now halfway down the third division in our third season in this division too, he is our development director or officer give what ever title you like, he was also part and parcel of the decision to move the club, to hell what the fans thought, 35 miles away to Northampton to play our home games, now he is suddenly our hero !

ccfcway

And slager, donelly, edge, malaga, urquart, loza, delf, Robinson, akpom etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread