Should we be ashamed to go to Northampton? (3 Viewers)

Houdi

Looking medium term, if as seems likely the club relocates to Northampton ,the question is what if, and I accept its a big if, a new 'Coventry City' is formed and invited to play at the Ricoh.12 months on, it would be interesting to see how many fans would get behind a new club, compared to how many fans would continue to trek to Northampton for a 2nd season, particularly if no new ground had yet been approved. How would the local media cover both teams, particularly if a new team had credible backers. The fans have made it overwhelming clear they want their football club in Coventry, if SISU take that away for years to come, would enough fans be prepared to back a credible alternative???

elephanttears

There's a difference between not agreeing with something, explaining your reasons why... and alienating, antagonising, insulting and abusing those who may think otherwise.

After all, those who were anti-SISU originally have been proved right haven't they? It shows you should never be fixed to one position, and one position only doesn't it?

Sorry, just nodded off. Gone again ZZZZZZZzzzzzz

steveo1987

So,first game is back at the Ricoh,a sure fire 20k crowd of 15k with 5k Mr shouty types,after game 6,we will be back to 9-10k,genius fickle Cov fans

ccfcmustang

Footballers are paid to play football. Fans present or not, every player will at least hear about the protests, last nights ribbon tying etc etc. The players know how much this city loves and supports the club. Seeing the response from the fans about the move away and even taking a little walk through the city centre and seeing sky blue ribbons everywhere would be enough for any player to understand the love our city has for our club. Let them play football. we, the customers of CCFC have to stand our ground, together. show every club in league one just how good our support could be by selling out as many away games as possible and leaving sixfields as empty as possible in the process. We have to show to every other owner in the football league that fans are the most important people of any club. We all support Coventry City and no matter what we all say we are proud of it. I see on here that some fans think that the 'we support the team not SISU' ideology is correct and visiting Northampton is the correct thing for the team. let me ask these people this, Do you know of any great victory come at the hands of conformity? a half hearted visit to Northampton by 'some' supporters will not benefit the team the club of anything. Lets stand together at away games and show what Coventry City is all about.

Otis

Looking medium term, if as seems likely the club relocates to Northampton ,the question is what if, and I accept its a big if, a new 'Coventry City' is formed and invited to play at the Ricoh.12 months on, it would be interesting to see how many fans would get behind a new club, compared to how many fans would continue to trek to Northampton for a 2nd season, particularly if no new ground had yet been approved. How would the local media cover both teams, particularly if a new team had credible backers. The fans have made it overwhelming clear they want their football club in Coventry, if SISU take that away for years to come, would enough fans be prepared to back a credible alternative???

They would. IF nothing at all had been done in pursuing a new stadium after 12 months.

If come next pre-season it all still just looked like a pipedream then I think fans would back a new team.

I have said myself I would probably go and watch them. That would be until CCFC returned. If CCFC didn't return then this new club would be our club anyway.

torchomatic

Couldn't agree more, OSB58. After going to Oxford on Saturday with my 7 year old he was really excited at the prospect of seeing City again so it was difficult saying to him that is probably it. For a while. Maybe for years. Difficult for me too after 40 years. It would be easy going to Sixfields but I think I (that's just me) have to make a stand against the move. It's a shame that I've also made that decision for a CCFC mad seven year old who is at the beginning of supporting a football team. Something that has given me immense pleasure for four decades. And that goes for all of us. My Dad first went in 1952, so it's hard for him too.

surely if you were ashamed of the decision then that implies you think yourself it is the wrong thing to do ?

However if having considered the pros & cons you still decide to go the only person you have to justify that decision to is yourself. If you are comfortable with your reasoning then its your choice and shame does not come in to it for that person

others can look at it, question it strongly disagree with it, hope to persuade someone to their point of view - but in the end it is down to personal choice. Yes I fully understand the economic and other arguments but we all make our own choices

The guy who wrote it clear values his time with his kids watching the team they all support more highly than any other consideration - can understand that even if i totally disagree with going to Sixfields. He made his choice, I have made mine and my own lad agrees with it 100% we wont be going to Sixfields

ohitsaidwalker king power

15?:thinking about:

Okay, if you live in Radford, Keresley, Coundon, Finham or Styvechale then I would guess you are in your 40's.

Wood End, Stoke Aldermoor or Willenhall, then I would say you're about 27, 28.

Based on a data set established via a census... or a cynical eye towards a stereotype?

Covstu

Why does cvertaully every thread end up in abuse? Anyway I wont be going but i know people who have brought ST at Northampton. Their viewpoint is quite simple, really bored of all of this and just simply want to go and watch the team i love. Personally i cannot knock them for it, thats their decision and they can stand by it.

My personal view is that i think it is wrong when we have a perfectly good stadium in the city so i wont be going. I can actually understand why SISU are doing it in respect to the fact that they want a stadium where they get the money back on everything which clearly wont happen at the Ricoh unless ACL sell up (which they wont to SISU). AND before anyone says that i am a SISU employee, no not the case but tend to look at the bigger picture rather than always go with the heart.

ajsccfc

People whistleblow and leave there jobs all the time because they dont agree with certain things as they have morals. The vast majority of footballers though will just sit tight and take the cash every time.

As I said, it's very easy to put yourself in the position and say 'this is what they should do'.

Carl Baker's settled with a young family, is it immoral of him to not disrupt that?

torchomatic

Similarly idiots have a go at McSheffrey too. It's not his fault he's been bombed out and why should he just walk away from his contract? I wouldn't and I suspect those who keep shoving "morals" down our throat wouldn't either in his position.

As I said, it's very easy to put yourself in the position and say 'this is what they should do'.

Carl Baker's settled with a young family, is it immoral of him to not disrupt that?

NorthernWisdom

Similarly idiots have a go at McSheffrey too. It's not his fault he's been bombed out and why should he just walk away from his contract? I wouldn't and I suspect those who keep shoving "morals" down our throat wouldn't either in his position.

Nope, he's perfectly entitled to stay and quite right, I would too.

Whether I'd spend time causing mischief on twitter while I was at it is another matter however.

elephanttears

Why the fuck would i care about carl baker and his family, i dont know him or have never met him. All i care about is CCFC.

torchomatic

I would suggest you let people make up their own minds on what they want to do. It's got nothing to do with you.

Its pretty obvious, from every survey/sales etc, the vast majority of Cov fans are against going to Northants. I would suggest those intent on going think about why that is the case. When owners show a total disregard for fans and the home City it really is time for fans to unite and say 'no'.
Those thinking 'its just about football' would you have gone to Milton Keynes?

Otis

Why does eventually every thread end up in abuse? Anyway I wont be going but i know people who have brought ST at Northampton. Their viewpoint is quite simple, really bored of all of this and just simply want to go and watch the team i love. Personally i cannot knock them for it, thats their decision and they can stand by it.

My personal view is that i think it is wrong when we have a perfectly good stadium in the city so i wont be going. I can actually understand why SISU are doing it in respect to the fact that they want a stadium where they get the money back on everything which clearly wont happen at the Ricoh unless ACL sell up (which they wont to SISU). AND before anyone says that i am a SISU employee, no not the case but tend to look at the bigger picture rather than always go with the heart.

Because you're a twat?

torchomatic

Fuck off is he, you idiot.

EDIT: THIS IS A JOKE. I DO NOT WANT OTIS TO FUCK OFF OR THINK HE IS AN IDIOT.

Because you're a twat?

slyblue57

Can nt understand why people keep saying Appleton can say we can play at the Ricoh if no agreement reached. He can nt. He s already stated that the players contracts are not in limited and the Football league only want their fixtures fullfilled. They wo nt change their mind. The Football League has already confirmed that agreement or non agreement re the Cva will not stop CCFC playing at Northampton.
No I do nt want us playing there and no I wo nt be going.
Those that do is their personal choice.
pusb

torchomatic

Why not. People seem to genuinely care about ACL and their balance sheet so surely anything's possible?

So you genuinely care about cov city players and there family's?

ajsccfc

Where did i comment on his morality?

Here, where you question why no players have spoken out, respond to someone claiming Baker has hinted at it with something about testicles, and then insinuating that only whistle-blowers have morals.

none of them have come out publicly and said this is wrong and shouldn't happen, all they care about is getting paid that's the way it is.

Hinted at it slightly, not enough balls to say what they really think because they need that money hitting the bank at the end of the month.

People whistleblow and leave there jobs all the time because they dont agree with certain things as they have morals. The vast majority of footballers though will just sit tight and take the cash every time.

torchomatic

Mmm...I notice you didn't put a disclaimer stating you didn't think I really was an "Otis sympathising twat".

Twat.

Fuck you then, you Otis sympathising twat.

Otis

Fuck off is he, you idiot.

EDIT: THIS IS A JOKE. I DO NOT WANT OTIS TO FUCK OFF OR THINK HE IS AN IDIOT.

Ditto: I don't think Covstu is a twat, but these threads pretty much always end up in petty name calling don't they Twatomatic! :D:wave:

torchomatic

Atually, Twatomatic has got a nice ring to it. Nick, can I change my username?

Ditto: I don't think Covstu is a twat, but these threads pretty much always end up in petty name calling don't they Twatomatic? :D:wave:

elephanttears

Here, where you question why no players have spoken out, respond to someone claiming Baker has hinted at it with something about testicles, and then insinuating that only whistle-blowers have morals.

I did not bring baker up another poster did, i stated the facts that all he cares about is getting paid which will be correct.

Im struggling to see where i questioned bakers morality.

ajsccfc

Except that you admit that you don't know him or have never met him, so how are those the facts exactly?

The insinuation is there and is clear. Whistle-blowers have morals, footballers who aren't jeopardising their career like you definitely would (like those who aren't doing anything apparently, including one Mr Baker) have none.

Last edited:

McLovin87

Hopefully we can all get along together after SISU are defeated but only after those attending Sixfields are tarred and feathered after having their heads shaved, the feckin Sisu sympathisers! I don't think that is too unreasonable, to be honest I think they'd sort of expect it!

Users who are viewing this thread