Shit fans, no ground ? (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

Just got back from Crewe. Delighted don't even come close to my overall reaction from a result garnered from probably one of the worst games of football ( at any level, non league or otherwise) achieved against one of the worst opposition, albeit with a tremendous defensive rearguard action from us (collectors item surely?)
My only complaint is a very personal one. One which I don't give a flying monkey's about offending the 'guilty'. Really decent support today, in numbers that is. In volume? Fucking atrocious. Why are you so timid? So unimaginative in coming out with an original chant/song? Why is it left to me to come up with the goods (yet again) after a week at work trying, (through boredom, admittedly) to inject a little bit of agit/humour to an otherwise predictable last five minutes of that bloody awful 'club song' ? Am I getting a bit 'up myself' or does anybody else feel we lack the substance that our away following should fulfill?
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect a wall of sound for 90 mins, just not 85 mins of near silence.

dancers lance

I was going to read this, but I have had a hard week at work and it would be left up to me to read it, so I didn't bother.

pusbccfc

Considering how shite that stand is for atmosphere, today was brilliant.

Nick

Administrator
Just got back from Crewe. Delighted don't even come close to my overall reaction from a result garnered from probably one of the worst games of football ( at any level, non league or otherwise) achieved against one of the worst opposition, albeit with a tremendous defensive rearguard action from us (collectors item surely?)
My only complaint is a very personal one. One which I don't give a flying monkey's about offending the 'guilty'. Really decent support today, in numbers that is. In volume? Fucking atrocious. Why are you so timid? So unimaginative in coming out with an original chant/song? Why is it left to me to come up with the goods (yet again) after a week at work trying, (through boredom, admittedly) to inject a little bit of agit/humour to an otherwise predictable last five minutes of that bloody awful 'club song' ? Am I getting a bit 'up myself' or does anybody else feel we lack the substance that our away following should fulfill?
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect a wall of sound for 90 mins, just not 85 mins of near silence.

What songs did you make up?

Macca

You humble me

Covstu

wow I didn't realise that one man and one man only was orcastrating all of the fan songs. I think maybe he should vet them prior to someone singing for approval as well??

SkyBlueUkeman

I was at Brentford. The number of "Original songs" that people were sung (Usually to the tune of Sloop John fucking B) were so shit I didn't bother joining in.

Sba180

Should be a 90 mins wall of sound! Passion from that might, just might, but maybe not, transfer to the pitch

RoboCCFC90

I am sorry but that whole post is total crap and I take a genuine insult to it, there is a collective group of fans who always generate a decent atmosphere at games.

What makes me laugh most is your comment "is it left up to me to goods (yet again)". There is always one lad who is always generating a sound at away games and it isn't you I am afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Yet I tried that got berated called all sorts of names, So we deserve what we get still it won't stop me will keep trying.

I am sorry but that whole post is total crap and I take a genuine insult to it, there is a collective group of fans who always generate a decent atmosphere at games.

What makes me laugh most is your comment "is it left up to me to goods (yet again)". There is always one lad who is always generating a sound at away games and it isn't you I am afraid.

RoboCCFC90

Yet I tried that got berated called all sorts of names, So we deserve what we get still it won't stop me will keep trying.

There is a group of around 30 fans who always generate a good atmosphere at away games, it's frustrating to see these sort of comments.

letsallsingtogether

I agree but that what it has come down to different sets of City fans trying to gain brownie points.

There is a group of around 30 fans who always generate a good atmosphere at away games, it's frustrating to see these sort of comments.

Covstu

sorry robbo, not 30 just one man. A great man, a one man Sky blue army and soundpiece.....:sarcasm:

RoboCCFC90

sorry robbo, not 30 just one man. A great man, a one man Sky blue army and soundpiece.....:sarcasm:

LOL!! Let's be modest and say 30!

oakey

Plenty of singing where I was... Just by where the team celebrated the winner.
We had way more singing than the home fans.

RoboCCFC90

I agree but that what it has come down to different sets of City fans trying to gain brownie points.

Why though? It makes no odds to most fans at games as the fans who travel away constantly recognise who the vocal group are..

letsallsingtogether

Who knows I for one have always been vocal and noisy If people don't like it they should move or go and watch the ballet.

I will now be called inconsiderate and a Neanderthal and such the truth is I don't really care it was the atmosphere that got me into football in the first place.

That is just one of the reasons I won't go to Northampton.

Why though? It makes no odds to most fans at games as the fans who travel away constantly recognise who the vocal group are..

RoboCCFC90

Who knows I for one have always been vocal and noisy If people don't like it they should move or go and watch the ballet.

I will now be called inconsiderate and a Neanderthal and such the truth is I don't really care it was the atmosphere that got me into football in the first place.

That is just one of the reasons I won't go to Northampton.

Amen to this comment.

theferret

Someone having a go at our away support? In this of all seasons? Fuck me.

So what if yesterday was a bit flat, it happens from time to time. For every game where the vocal support is a little below par I'll give you 10 where it is excellent. We've received so many compliments for our vocal support this season, I can't believe someone would jump on yesterday and use it as an excuse to unfurl their superfan banner.

letsallsingtogether

Yes we even had the Crewe fans sing twist and shout in the Pub:p

Someone having a go at our away support? In this of all seasons? Fuck me.

So what if yesterday was a bit flat, it happens from time to time. For every game where the vocal support is a little below par I'll give you 10 where it is excellent. We've received so many compliments for our vocal support this season, I can't believe someone would jump on yesterday and use it as an excuse to unfurl their superfan banner.

NoelWhelanKCIC

It was a good performance by the away supporters. Other games (Notts C, Colchester) have been far quieter.

Disappointed there was only one "we want to go home" chant and no SISU out chants but we completely outsang the home end who gave nothing to the atmosphere

Users who are viewing this thread