Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Regardless of formation I’m fairly confident we will win. Sheffield look in turmoil - the only danger is likely to be that we concede first and early
Wow G, I'm the eternal worrier regarding games. The only exception is when we play Wycombe when I know we will always win, due to some sort of curse that has been laid at their door.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wednesday must be bad - Pulis is exactly the kind of manager you'd want to sort this kind of thing out, and it's not really working so far.

He does best creating a siege mentality but if your squad can’t be arsed they won’t buy into it. Let’s just not make today the turning point for them

Tommo1993

Only really ever wear shirts to games, but have decided to don last season’s yellow shirt, in a bid for (superstitious) luck.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just had an epiphany. I'd rest Dabo- needs a break. Switch McCallum, and bring in Giles. Genius!

Brighton Sky Blue

That was a real CHANCE and he’s PUT IT WIDE!!!!

Oggy thoughts?

This is the pre match warm up Clive. I’m off for a pie my eardrums need a rest.

Always nice to see a goalkeeper who still enjoys a Balti pie, not many of them left in the modern game

Otis

Heard a rumour Sheaf is dropped for today's game after disrupting the team spirit by upsetting Allen over the Secret Santa present he got him, which mocked his height. He glued stiletto heels on a pair of predators and now Allen is refusing to play in the same team as him. Robins sided with Allen and Sheaf made it worse by smiling the whole time.

2-0 Sheffield W.
Come on, don't hold bits back. Tell the whole story. Allen who?

Otis

With our injuries and suspensions I would take a draw all day long,
We have the spine of our league winning team missing and our million pound star out. Any team would suffer.

Marosi
Rose
Kelly
Hamer
Godden
Yup. Besides Dabo, you would have to think our four next best players are probably Kelly, Hamer, Godden and Marosi

cc84cov

Wilson
Dabo osti mcfadz hyam giles
Shipley Sheaf
O’Hare
Biamou Walker

unless we play Allen over Biamou and pack the midfield with energy and leave walker up front on his own.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Heard a rumour Sheaf is dropped for today's game after disrupting the team spirit by upsetting Allen over the Secret Santa present he got him, which mocked his height. He glued stiletto heels on a pair of predators and now Allen is refusing to play in the same team as him. Robins sided with Allen and Sheaf made it worse by smiling the whole time.

2-0 Sheffield W.
Thats actually funny though 😂

oscillatewildly

We're due a defeat. There's no exact science involved in that prediction other than the law of averages based on our (largely drawing) unbeaten run.
I'm nothing short of delighted with our performance so far as we approach the half way point but there has to be a 'slump' at some point? Be that minor or prolonged.
1-0 defeat but will be delighted with another goalless draw. Don't underestimate anybody beneath us - we're still punching above our weight.

cc84cov

We're due a defeat. There's no exact science involved in that prediction other than the law of averages based on our (largely drawing) unbeaten run.
I'm nothing short of delighted with our performance so far as we approach the half way point but there has to be a 'slump' at some point? Be that minor or prolonged.
1-0 defeat but will be delighted with another goalless draw. Don't underestimate anybody beneath us - we're still punching above our weight.
19 games in but still punching above weight ?

Not for me I feel we should be higher placed and we will beat a poor side today

oscillatewildly

19 games in but still punching above weight ?

Not for me I feel we should be higher placed and we will beat a poor side today
Based on a playing squad who have by the far majority never played at this level prior to this season. So you're a little disappointed with progress so far and not a little surprised as I would expect most City fans to be?
I much prefer your match prediction over mine though.

AFCCOVENTRY

That was a real CHANCE and he’s PUT IT WIDE!!!!

Oggy thoughts?

This is the pre match warm up Clive. I’m off for a pie my eardrums need a rest.

Oggy, I had a nice clear run up the motorway to Bramall Lane today. Poor turn out in the media section today.

Terry Gibson's perm

We are in big trouble today my lucky shirt is in the washing machine (it’s only been lucky this run and a couple of Wembley trips the rest of the tine useless)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We are missing our two strongest midfielders, it would be madness to go two up top at the expense of weakening the midfield. It will be one up top for this game.

But the midfield will be weak regardless. We've got O'hare, who's looked a bit jaded recently, Sheaf, who's been a bit inconsistent, and then one of Shipley or Allen, both of whom will put in the effort but look like this is a level too far for them) if we go for a midfield three, or both of them if we pack the midfield and leave one up front.

Do we really see Sheaf, Allen, Shipley and o'Hare as being stronger than playing Walker and Max up front and leaving one out? I don't.

I could understand MR going safety first today and looking for the draw given the midfield problems but against a struggling Wednesday it'd almost be playing into their hands and giving them an easy ride.

We could end up with another game ruing the fact we didn't have more of a go and the trouble with playing for the draw is that it takes only one mistake or slip, a penalty given away or poorly defended set-piece, a fluke or moment of magic for that entire game plan to go out of the window and we need to tear it up and try something else which we won't have focused on in training. Plus as the game wears on and we near the end the nerves will kick in as they try and preserve the point, they drop deep and invite pressure and increase the likelihood of a goal against.

Don't get me wrong, I'd accept a draw as it stands but that doesn't mean we should play for it. Doing so leads to you losing more often than it sees you nicking a late winner.

Users who are viewing this thread