Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Hutch11

Haji fit he goes back in , Simms in for Godden too , other than that unchanged

And I can't fuckin wait

David O'Day

collins

mve
thomas
kitching
bidwell

sheaf
eccles

sakamoto
o'hare
wright/palmer

simms

should have more than enough for a decent win even though they are better now

Reactions: AOM

shmmeee

I’d bring Simms in for Palmer with an eye on the cup game on Friday. Other than that unchanged from Saturday.

Head says 1-1, Sheaf to score. Just think they’ve improved at home, our away record still isn’t great, and four on the bounce is always an ask.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles O’Hare Sheaf
Sakamoto Godden Simms

S: Wilson, Lats, Binks, Dasilva, Allen, Torp, Tavares, Palmer, Andrews

Then in the cup game:

Collins
Lats Kitching Binks Dasilva
Allen O’Hare Torp
Simms Godden Palmer

S: Wilson, MvE, Thomas, Bidwell, Sheaf, Saka, Eccles, Andrews, Fadz

Hopefully we’ve got a couple of forwards in by the cup match.

itsabuzzard

Wednesday are scrapping for their lives. Their home form is better than their away form. Still expect a Cov win but it isn't completely straightforward.
Yes, all too easy to see the seemingly unstoppable momentum overwhelm the Owls (sorry Greggs) after their battering by the Saints and nothing but a convincing victory as the result, but...

Jamesimus

They’ve been much improved at home and looked decent at times the last time we played them. A draw would be a good result.

SkyBlueSoul

Sheff Weds tickets go on sale to STHs Thursday morning so I'm guessing ours will be the same

Mucca Mad Boys

Wright is out with an adductor tear and best case he’s out for the next ‘week or two’. With that in mind, I’d stick with the same team that started against Leicester. Potentially starting Simms over Godden.

The reason being that I’d expect us to be in possession more against Wednesday so Godden’s pressing abilities won’t be needed as much.

I wouldn’t start both Simms and Godden because it limits our options off the bench to Tavares.

bawtryneal

There midfield was absent from Southampton game. Injured and suspended. Back on Saturday. Will be tough game.

Philosorapter

I am thinking of having a round up on the current state of play in the league on the Norwich vs Coventry thread (03/02/2024).

Halfway there though in getting to @wingy 's magical (1600) mark from the league's middle point.

Last edited:

Yank

Wednesday are desparate to get every point they can as they fight for survival. This will not be an easy one at all especially playing at Hillsborough. Say what you want about their fans, that place is always a fortress and hard to get anything at.

I think MR will put out the same lineup that we did against Leicester and that will be fine by me. I think we will do enough to win, though may not be pretty at times, and that's perfectly fine by me.

1-2 Godden and COH.

robbiethemole

We need to avoid complacency, we can’t just turn up and expect them to roll over, like Leicester did on Sat!
We have to stick to our game, contain any attacks in the first half then take the shackles off in the second, just like Robins’s plan

robbiethemole

Owls fans ripping into Diaby, should never wear the shirt again, worst player on the pitch, at fault for 2 goals. Let’s hope he stays in the team for Saturday and has a repeat performance.

SkyblueTexan

We need to avoid complacency, we can’t just turn up and expect them to roll over, like Leicester did on Sat!
We have to stick to our game, contain any attacks in the first half then take the shackles off in the second, just like Robins’s plan
I don't think Leicester rolled over last Sat. We really did have to work for the win. Agree with avoiding complacency and sticking to a game plan. Sheff Wed are no pushovers at their place. They have recently beaten Hull, Blackburn, QPR. Cardiff (albeit FA Cup) and drawn with Leicester at home. They've also beaten and Preston (our bogey team) away recently.

So we'll have our work cut out for us and need to try to take an early lead and take the crowd out of the game, but most importantly not concede first. Will be a tough and tight one.

Chris1987

A good number of Wednesday fans I've been speaking to are pretty terrified about the havoc Tats & COH will cause to their defence. They are also very aware of the form we are currently in and aren't overly optimistic about getting anything out of tye game.

hamertime

It’s a shame they can’t give us any more tickets I reckon we would have took at least another 2k. Don’t they use that corner anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread